who is the best tuner and why?

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
You are 100% correct,

A good example, I had a customer call yesterday, told me his car was running very rich, sometimes wouldnrun at all, wanted to talk to Vortech about the canned tune.

I told him based on what I'm hearing, that he blew a tube off, 15 minutes later Email saying all is good, found a tube off

Sometimes we can diagnose over the phone, sometimes we can't

Ken spent 12 hours tuning a customers car last year, never would run right

Guy finally took it to another shop, turns out the injector spacers were on the bottom instead of the top

Go figure. That's the stuff you guys don't see sometimes that gets things backed up

Patience
Doh!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Terry's "Beefcake" posts sums everything up nicely, and truthfully. Have patience with the process and your tune will be amazing. It made my GT500 run very well, even won races it shouldn't have.

This is exactly what I experienced with Jon Sr. concerning my L&M throttle body. He told me to replace it with a Cobra Jet dual 65mm. That did the trick!

Frpp TB ftw.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
After The 4Th Tune Things Seem To Idle Better But Not With A Price. I Now Have A Code P1639. Engine Block Not Defined I Think It Said. What'sThat Mean

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
After The 4Th Tune Things Seem To Idle Better But Not With A Price. I Now Have A Code P1639. Engine Block Not Defined I Think It Said. What'sThat Mean

Contact lund again, The PPT for that DTC states to reprogram the PCM to the highest calibration. Most likely its tune related.

-Thomas

2012GT

Established Member
I'm about to go with Rick at Amazon. They have an auto in house car that goes 11:00's with his tune ,DR's and converter. Stock air box.

zemog255

Established Member
Anyone have any ways to get Lund racing to reply faster. I am a pretty patient person but 3 weeks and multiple emails for a minor shifting issue is too long to me with no reply. Especially if you are going to lock me out of being able to change shift points tire size etc.. Now I have a converter going in, I've been waiting 2 weeks now have sent 3 emails and have not heard anything. I understand their busy but I know the converter isn't going to be right on the first try, not looking forward to it taking 2 months to get it dialed in.

I'm very happy with the tunes they send and feel they are the best out there. The communication sucks though. When I was first started tuning with them they said they were adding a new member to help with this so I felt like I understood and they were doing something about it but nothing has changed.

scotmach

Established Member
It's unfortunate but two of the better tuners Lund and VMP take far too long to respond to emails. I thoroughly enjoy my VMP tune and will not switch but when I want to make changes I know I need to get the boll rolling through emails weeks if not months in advance.

13GT5.0

Established Member
It's unfortunate but two of the better tuners Lund and VMP take far too long to respond to emails. I thoroughly enjoy my VMP tune and will not switch but when I want to make changes I know I need to get the boll rolling through emails weeks if not months in advance.

**** that..weeks? months? AED and BBR will contact you almost asap.

scotmach

Established Member
**** that..weeks? months? AED and BBR will contact you almost asap.

My latest revision from VMP took 4 months to get but in all honesty I've been driving the car without any issues as the revision is very minor if at all needed.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I'm pretty pissed right now! I've had some issues with my idle since getting my mods mid May. First was dumb with the air filter falling off. Once fixed found that car still stalled here and there. After loading a new tune to adjust the idle not much has changed. I find myself constantly having to monitor the tach when in neutral, while moving or stopped.
I contacted the tuner Monday after noon. By late Thursday I had no answer so I followed up. The response was that they are very busy and the are other people ahead of me.

So let me get this straight. The tune that I already paid for isn't working properly and you can't take 2 minutes to reply to me to explain that you're really busy and may not be able to get to me this week? Now that wouldn't make me happy but no where near as pissed with the service or lack thereof I've got this far. I guess my money is already in pocket so no big deal if I wait. Well not only am I a former customer but one who will never refer people to this tuner and steer people away when possible.

So my question is not only who provides the best tune, but who services customers like they actually matter?

Sounds like your dealing with evolution performance in Aston pa. Not suprised. I'd do some data logging and send it off to JPC... They will solve your issue. Theyre busy as well but everything can be done through the internet! Give them a call tommorow 410-729-0005.

Users who are viewing this thread