Who has a Boss coming?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Good cause I am going to want a used one with the safety equipment and other track goodies already installed and discounted.

Ex-race cars are the only way go these days, they are the absolute best value going.

Then if you happen to stumble upon a "divorce forces sale" :eek: that is that HOLY GRAIL of car deals! LOL!

Though I hope no one I know has to go through that.

Husker

Established Member

StillIntense

Established Member
Just ordered mine. Regular Boss, Performance White/Black Stripes, RECAROs and Torsen, cover and floor mats. Will get it for MSRP. No idea yet which quarter it will be built/delivered in, dealer couldn't remember but will find out.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Just ordered mine. Regular Boss, Performance White/Black Stripes, RECAROs and Torsen, cover and floor mats. Will get it for MSRP. No idea yet which quarter it will be built/delivered in, dealer couldn't remember but will find out.

Thats awesome !
Congrtas Mark :beer:

StillIntense

Established Member
Thanks, I'm pretty happy about it! Almost bought the Yellow Blaze instead, but looked at it yesterday on a GT and couldn't stand the color. Looks like creamed corn. The race red with black stripes would have been very nice as well, but I'm just not a red car guy.
I don't expect to see it until at least May....

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm on another list now as well. I spent some time talking with the sales manager at Sheehy ford in Springfield VA. He claims they are getting 1, which they will sell for MSRP, and can probably factory order others for the same. As soon as he gets the info on factory ordering, I'll make the call on purchasing one or not.

The important part of this post is the claim they are not going to throw a markup on the cars. If you want one, give them a call.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Placed a $1000 deposit today on a Laguna Seca at sticker :banana:

Silver with red, wont know till after the first of the year what quarter it will be built/delivered.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Back in June I wrote an order for a new Boss 302 at my local dealer. Details were a bit sketchy at the time but I have a contract in hand.

Once more details are available and the order banks open, I hope to sit down and get a Laguna Seca model on order for my new track car. 'Scarlett', my beloved 2007 Shelby GT500 will most likley be down the road when it's replacement comes.

Who else has one coming with a written contract!? :shrug:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Well, it looks like I jumped the gun a bit! :( I originally had an order written for a Boss this Summer. When I learned it was not available with AC and radio delete, I was pretty disappointed. All extra weight and work to remove that I really didn't want to do. Not to mention having to build a cage for track use.

After talking to the Ford Racing folks I discovered they were going to build a car I would be interested in! :-D The Boss R.

So right now I'm hoping to have one of my track buds be able to slip into my spot for the car I have on order which the dealer assured me there would be no problem doing that.

The Boss R IS exactly what I'm looking for in a track car!

C'mon April!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, did you ever end up selling Scarlett ?

Yep, Scarlett, affectionately known as "The Flying Pig" is down the road. My buddy Tom (Blackbolt9) from MI bought it and picked it up a few weeks ago. He loves the car.

I had a lot of fun with the car and surprised many a Corvette owner with it! :p But it's time to write a new chapter and the Boss should fit the bill nicely.

I think my blue car, if I ever get it running right, will be the fastest car I own but I really want a capable S-197, especially after driving that Rehagen car in the Late Model Mustang Challenge Race at Barber for the 45th Mustang Anniversary! That car was Da Bomb!

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
production will be "scattered " through MY, lottery was already done and the Laguna's
are allocated and the remaining units also, based the sales of mustang history of the
respective dealer...

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Hey guys, new member but long time Ford guy. I ordered the car in my sig and received my order confirm from the dealer on Wednesday. I was told my car will be in the first run and I should have the Ford confirm next week. I've read the first production run will begin January 18th so hopefully cars will start arriving mid March. I have all of the Ford ordering docs/specs as well. The Boss is officially listed at 444@7,400 with mpg at 17/26 combined 20. Compare that to 18/25 combined 21 for the 2012 5.0.

So far we are talking MSPR which I'm happy to pay. We'll see if ADM hits once the cars have arrived. Good luck to all of you who have one on order. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

OneSVTFan

Established Member
Five Dot O, you say you have the order confirmation so obviously your dealer was able to navigate the ordering system and get the order in. I am working with a dealer in Alabama so am doing this remotely but he tells me that he cannot get the order template complete and he is struggling to designate a stripe color...he says he cannot find a place to do that and the system tells him the order is incomplete so obviously he is not doing something right....suggestions from anyone....any dealers on that could help?

Husker

Established Member
Five Dot O, you say you have the order confirmation so obviously your dealer was able to navigate the ordering system and get the order in. I am working with a dealer in Alabama so am doing this remotely but he tells me that he cannot get the order template complete and he is struggling to designate a stripe color...he says he cannot find a place to do that and the system tells him the order is incomplete so obviously he is not doing something right....suggestions from anyone....any dealers on that could help?

Ask 'Five Oh Brian' in this thread:

Order Guides - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Husker

5 DOT 0

Established Member
SVT, I have the order confirm from the dealer which I had to approve (VOC). It has all the correct info on it for the car I want. Sometime next week I'm supposed to receive the Ford confirm (DORA?). I have not received it yet but will post back when I receive it or find out if there are issues. The fleet mgr I'm working with is off this weekend that's why I don't have it already. I was told you could start submitting orders at midnight on Thanksgiving day. My dealer submitted it electronically via a batch they run and they were anxious for me to approve their order confirm to make sure it was processed on time. I have no inside knowledge of this process and can only imagine there is a window to submit orders. My understanding is this date was for the first run of all 2012 cars not just Boss orders. Good luck.

Here's the thread with the 2012 order guide.

Link directly to the order guide.

Last edited:

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I ordered my Boss yesterday.
Comp Orange w/Recarro seats and Torsen rear, Carcover and floor mats.
Now the wait starts.:thumbsup:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yep, Scarlett, affectionately known as "The Flying Pig" is down the road. My buddy Tom (Blackbolt9) from MI bought it and picked it up a few weeks ago. He loves the car.

I had a lot of fun with the car and surprised many a Corvette owner with it! :p But it's time to write a new chapter and the Boss should fit the bill nicely.

I think my blue car, if I ever get it running right, will be the fastest car I own but I really want a capable S-197, especially after driving that Rehagen car in the Late Model Mustang Challenge Race at Barber for the 45th Mustang Anniversary! That car was Da Bomb!

Just in case you have not seen this yet!:eek: BOSS302S
Ford Racing to unveil Mustang Boss 302S at 2010 PRI Show | Mustangs Daily

01-tiger-racing-boss-302s.jpg

Ford is set to unveil a new race-prepped Mustang at the Performance Racing Industry trade show next month, the Boss 302S. Slotting in between the Boss 302 Laguna Seca street car and the Boss 302R Grand-Am race car, the Boss 302S is designed specifically for “track days and road racing in a number of SCCA and NASA classes.” With the production of the FR500S Mustang and the Mustang Challenge race series coming to an end, Ford will provide cars to racing enthusiasts who want to compete with Mustangs in series like the World Challenge GTS class and NASA’s American Iron. The car can be ordered through the Ford Racing catalog, part number M-FR500-B302S.

The Mustang you see pictured above is actually a Boss 302S prototype developed by Tiger Racing of Covina, CA. The car will be raced by veteran driver Paul Brown in the SCCA World Challenge GTS class and will be very similar to the Boss 302S unveiled at PRI, although there are various visual and technical differences.

The Boss 302S will come with the same 5.0L V8 from the Boss 302R with the factory 6-speed transmission and stock clutch and flywheel. Other race items will include a 6-point roll cage, adjustable suspension system, quick-release steering wheel, Recaro race seats and more. The exterior of the car will feature a unique fiberglass hood with heat extractors, front splitter, and rear adjustable carbon fiber wing. Just fifty examples will be built with a price tag of $79,000. Production will begin in the second quarter of 2011.

2011 Ford Mustang Boss 302S Specifications:

Engine
5.0L BossR engine
Engine oil cooler
FR serialized intake badge
Boss 302 fuel system
Upgraded cooling system

Driveline
5L Boss 6 speed transmission with stock Boss 302 clutch/flywheel
Torsen Diff
3.73 gears
FR1 Muffler