Who has a Boss coming?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So my alternate plan was to get the base model with the eibach coil-over kit, and the 625 frp supercharger. Then down the road I will replace a few other things and a couple more mods.

I would seriously look into the griggs koni coilover kit. The numbers from the base griggs kit would be can easily compete with with the new boss. Griggs impressed the hell out of the shelby brass when they brought some cars down to vegas this past year. Check them out.

Also if you do want the boss one will be available at msrp or below if you look out of market....

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
if you are comparing a car engineered for road racing with a car with a big block engine and using a traffic light to light drag race as the example, the cj would run away.

as soon as you put a turn in the mix the cj was screwed. the 69 boss 302 was more expensive because the body had been changed. the front fenders had been flaired to carry wider rubber and the air catching rear quarter fake air scoop was filled in.

the Boss had an actual road racing engine in it. it had a different suspension and brake package than other mustangs. it was the best handling american car of its period. no one ever said that it had more hp than a cj or a 426 hemi or a chevy 427.

road racing is never about bragging on big hp numbers.

Yea whatever my 69 gt had all that stuff done to it, fenders, no fake scoop cooling, gt 500 interior, big spline 4 speed, ac, man brakes,ps, and I sold it for a 2011 gt. It's on way to Scotland as we speak. It's the only gt I know of w no side scoops. Why idk but it is real steel there just like a boss 302. I know a guy put in the gt500 stuff but the fenders and side scoops are a mystery. And no not saying my 428 did worth a crap in the turns, just it was cheaper than either boss. And the 429's sucked handling wise also. And were slower. Here's a pic or 2.
http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed/1969gt4speedstang/websize/69 in 1977.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed/1969gt4speedstang/websize/69gt 4speedcar1.jpg

Husker

Established Member
Has this been posted? Sorry if it has but incase not, interesting internal memo:

2012 Boss Mustang Allocation Strategy
Here is the allocation plan for the Boss.
The New Boss 302 is back after a 40 year hiatus. This no-nonsense enthusiast track car is built for the street with the race track as its lab. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 is set to become the best-handling Mustang ever offered by Ford.
This purpose built vehicle is available in two trims for a limited run --Boss 302 & Boss 302 "Laguna Seca" package featuring a 440 HP Hi-Po 302 V8 Engine.
Methods for Earning Allocation
All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:
1) Share of Nation
oApproximately 75% of the 2012 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation
oThose dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through July, this is the Top 794 Mustang dealers
o12 months of sales (October '09 - September '10) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of September
oEach of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302
2) Lottery
oThose Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation
oEach dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (October '09 - September '10)
oThose dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the last 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery
oNo dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery
Note: The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.
To help manager customer expectations for ordering the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang, all 2011 MY dealer production guides will be communicated in early October. Dealers will be given their full year guide numbers along with the quarter(s) their unit(s) will be scheduled. This will enable dealers to manage customer expectations regarding availability and timing. Production is scheduled to begin in late January and will conclude in December 2011.
Since it's unveiling on August 13th, the 2012 Boss Mustang has created a tremendous amount of excitement amongst our dealers and customers. It is our hope that this allocation strategy will support your efforts in providing customers with a clear understanding of this new and exciting best in class product.

Husker

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I still want to know how many they are going to produce and the final cost.
Thanks for the allocation post :)

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Damn, thanks for that post. Guess I better go put my name on a list at Sheehy, my local dealer probably won't be getting one.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Sounds a lot like the "limited 2 year run of GT500's" that caused huge dealer ADM's being played out once again. Patience and not being a first to have will likely save the buyer thousands.

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Boss 302 was debuted April 1969. You would think the writer or editor would have checked that basic fact.

203Cree

Established Member
That writer is an idiot... "fancy Brembo brakes".... Fancy??? Excuse me??? WTF!!! You tipped your hand there USA today automotive know nothing idiot writer.

What a joke some of these writers are.

As I'm reading the story I hear a lisp. I imagine someone who's seen one up close when I hear a lisp in my head.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I am now on my dealers list here in San Diego.
I am supossedly #2 on the list for a 2012 Boss 302.:banana:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
keep in mind that dealer memo says that 749 dealers will get "at least one car". that means many of those dealers will get more than one car. dealers outside of the 749 top selling mustang dealers will get cars thru a lottery.

there will be 2k or 3k of these cars. cars will be there for those that want them.

Users who are viewing this thread