Who else is REALLY pushing their stock longblock?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I had a stock longblock hp twin 57 kit making 857 to the wheels. Beat the crap out of it for a year. I sold the kit and put a kenne bell on it then it blew on the dyno.

I've broke 3 built motors and toasted another stock longblock 2 weeks ago. Rod bearings on 1 and 5 welded themselves to the crank. I now have a mmr 900 motor in the car. Let's see how long this holds up.

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
A local guy here has a mystichrome 04 with a 2.6H @ 24psi and 100 shot on race gas. He has been running that setup for over 2 years, and then his motor let go. And its not a "dyno" car either, it was street tuned and he ran the piss out of it every weekend during the season (mostly street). And his headgasket blew, which is very rare for these motors it seems.

Also there was a local guy with a CO 04 that ran a 2.3 whipple on corn and a big shot made close to 900rwhp on stock block. His car caught on fire though, so we never find out how long it lasted, but it did last for a good while.

Dave's car rolled the F out. I loved that car. It was making 904-905TQ I know that, HP was in the 800s.

I agree on the stock lower pulley because of the cage. Boosting in 5th gear is how I damaged my motor. Granted I did 0 to 160 and back to 0 about 10 times back to back lol but it caused pistons to swell and lightly score and then I got a ticking sound.

I bored it .20 over and put 19 cc diamond pistons (8.1:1 compression) and since running those pistons and rings I've had no problems boosting in 5th. Hell I've even sprayed it WOT in 5th lol :rockon:

I'll tell you what though your experience is why I'm not worried about boosting the car in 5th. Granted I'm not doing 0-160 runs one after the other like you did, but considering you blew the motor after so many runs it goes to show that it can take some abuse boosting in 5th.

stal94gt

Established Member
man i have been debating about upping the power on my cobra for a while. i was thinking of swapping out the 3.5 pulley on my 2.9L which makes 18# of boost for a rr 3.2 pulley to get a few more pounds but i dont have e-85 in my area so i would be running a real low timing pump gas tune and a torco tune for the track. i would go to race gas but draining out my gas tank every time i want to run sounds like such a pain unless i get a drain valve installed.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
After my last tuning session tweaking the blower tune and then adding the nitrous, I talked with some people at various race events & get togethers and when I'd finish the description of my setup with "and stock longblock...", I get the look of :eek:
2.6KB at ~23psi and a 75 dry shot with 25* of timing on boost and 21* on nitrous
04sleeper thinks I should've gone with the 100 pill :poke:
I havn't had a chance to get it on the dyno yet, but I'd guess it's somewhere close to 800 wheel.
I know there have been 900+ RWHP turbo cars on the stock motor, and quite a few other twin screw/nitrous cars making big numbers.
How many are really pushing these motors to the limits?

I think you are definately pushing it...with the understanding that you will be using the HP on the street/track more often than not. The few that I know that have pushed 800 RWHP (and used it regularly) the motor let go. It is a matter of time. If it was me, I would not be putting the kill on Brand X too far from home.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
03cobrraa on here has ran his 2.3 whipple @ 22psi with a 100 shot for quite some time, and he drove the piss out of it until it recently let go. For those following his build, he now has a down right nasty setup. Every car is different...The tune and your driving style are the 2 biggest factors. And then sometimes you just get plain unlucky

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Driving style definitely plays a big part. I rape the shit out of my car and managed to destroy the engine with nothing but a ported blower and pulley lol.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Driving style definitely plays a big part. I rape the shit out of my car and managed to destroy the engine with nothing but a ported blower and pulley lol.

lol same, I gotta stop beating on mine. Can't afford to blow it up

cbr repsol

Established Member
Nope. Put four people in the car and romp on it 0 to 160 and back to 0. Repeat about 10 times back to back lol.

If I remember correctly the owners manual say never to excede 100 mph with 4 people. Its been a long time since ive read it but something in those lines....maybe ford knew that it would blow with extra weight?lol

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Nope. Put four people in the car and romp on it 0 to 160 and back to 0. Repeat about 10 times back to back lol.

Not to sound like the vagina of the group....but why the **** would you ever go that fast with 4 people in the car with you.....if its just you than its all good, kill yourself, but you could have killed everyone. That just seems stupid

selbyvince

Established Member
Not to sound like the vagina of the group....but why the **** would you ever go that fast with 4 people in the car with you.....if its just you than its all good, kill yourself, but you could have killed everyone. That just seems stupid

ima have to agree with him on this one, i dont even drive like an ass with one person in the car with me. but thats just me:shrug:

MalcolmV8

Established Member

Well you are. Here we go again. Everyone gets their panties in a knot cause I romped in my car. Sheesh, it's not like I put a couple kids in the car. It was me and 3 full grown adults. Muscle car drivers who were begging to feel the pull of my car. So we went out to an empty piece of highway and did some pulls. Get over it, no one was there, no one got hurt or could have.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
that was goods way of stopping your from being an idiot

lmao exactly.
ima have to agree with him on this one, i dont even drive like an ass with one person in the car with me. but thats just me:shrug:

Yea this is exactly how I feel.
Well you are. Here we go again. Everyone gets their panties in a knot cause I romped in my car. Sheesh, it's not like I put a couple kids in the car. It was me and 3 full grown adults. Muscle car drivers who were begging to feel the pull of my car. So we went out to an empty piece of highway and did some pulls. Get over it, no one was there, no one got hurt or could have.

I don't care the you "romped" on your car lol....it's that you romped on it when there were people there, who cares their ages? Only way I'd see this acceptable were if there were 3 90 year olds who have always wanted to go out in a badass way lmao. "no one got hurt or could have." Oh I'm sorry are you God? I didn't know that you could foresee future outcomes. I'm pretty sure someone could have got hurt.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I don't care the you "romped" on your car lol....it's that you romped on it when there were people there, who cares their ages? Only way I'd see this acceptable were if there were 3 90 year olds who have always wanted to go out in a badass way lmao. "no one got hurt or could have." Oh I'm sorry are you God? I didn't know that you could foresee future outcomes. I'm pretty sure someone could have got hurt.

So if someone gets in your car and wants you to stomp on it so they can feel your car pull you say no sorry, I only do that by myself. More than likely you never do and only drive a Cobra for some sort of weird status or something.

I was pointing out they were not kids because they are adults making their own decisions and they were all muscle car enthusiasts who drive similar cars and know exactly what my car does. I never take a kid or adult or anyone not familiar with the car and endanger them or others etc.

How's that any different then after taking a ride in my car we get in one of the other guys cars and now I'm the passenger? You gonna go blast him for taking me for a drive now? But if we each took ourselves for a drive it's perfectly fine?

You ever go to a race track (like SCCA course for example) and they let you take a passenger for a thrill ride if they want. Passenger has to know what they're getting into of course. Same thing man.
Ever been to a nascar ride along? shoot you better flame them because they take people under the age of 90 to 180 mph plus. Those poor unsuspecting victims in their cars that had no idea what was going to happen... :loser:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
So if someone gets in your car and wants you to stomp on it so they can feel your car pull you say no sorry, I only do that by myself. More than likely you never do and only drive a Cobra for some sort of weird status or something.

I was pointing out they were not kids because they are adults making their own decisions and they were all muscle car enthusiasts who drive similar cars and know exactly what my car does. I never take a kid or adult or anyone not familiar with the car and endanger them or others etc.

How's that any different then after taking a ride in my car we get in one of the other guys cars and now I'm the passenger? You gonna go blast him for taking me for a drive now? But if we each took ourselves for a drive it's perfectly fine?

You ever go to a race track (like SCCA course for example) and they let you take a passenger for a thrill ride if they want. Passenger has to know what they're getting into of course. Same thing man.
Ever been to a nascar ride along? shoot you better flame them because they take people under the age of 90 to 180 mph plus. Those poor unsuspecting victims in their cars that had no idea what was going to happen... :loser:

A pull is totally different from a top speed run in a car that isn't built for going to speeds like that safely (clearly, since your motor blew.) I would do a pull, you don't need to hit 160+ to feel how the car moves. All of your examples would have been good......had they not all included professionals..with purpose built race cars :shrug:. But you tried, good job..

MalcolmV8

Established Member
A pull is totally different from a top speed run in a car that isn't built for going to speeds like that safely (clearly, since your motor blew.) I would do a pull, you don't need to hit 160+ to feel how the car moves. All of your examples would have been good......had they not all included professionals..with purpose built race cars :shrug:. But you tried, good job..

How is me racing MY car on the track with ME driving including professionals or a purpose built race car?

Ford put the speed limiter on these cars at 160 or maybe you missed that part. I guess they designed it to only go 100 (or 55 in your case) and then figured humm bump the speed limiter to 160 even though this car will fly apart if anyone ever tries it :rollseyes

Man dunno why you're been all pissy. Drive your car how you want and I'll drive mine how I want. I don't do it by you and I don't take passenger's that don't return the favor in their car.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
a turbo is much easier on the motor than a blower.

My car made 525whp on the eaton and 640whp on the spray and this happend to me this year

Cylinder #3

DSC_5898-1.jpg

DSC_5900-1.jpg

I took very good care of this motor. It has 33k miles and roughly 600 track passes in the 8 years ive owned it (since new). All of the bearings and pistons look MINT.

DSC_5912.jpg

DSC_5913.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread