Who else is REALLY pushing their stock longblock?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
After my last tuning session tweaking the blower tune and then adding the nitrous, I talked with some people at various race events & get togethers and when I'd finish the description of my setup with "and stock longblock...", I get the look of :eek:
2.6KB at ~23psi and a 75 dry shot with 25* of timing on boost and 21* on nitrous
04sleeper thinks I should've gone with the 100 pill :poke:
I havn't had a chance to get it on the dyno yet, but I'd guess it's somewhere close to 800 wheel.
I know there have been 900+ RWHP turbo cars on the stock motor, and quite a few other twin screw/nitrous cars making big numbers.
How many are really pushing these motors to the limits?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Robertp is stock longblock with cams ...he is slightly over 800whp with 2.9 and. crusher. My buddie mach1033 went 2.9 24 psi over 700 rwhp and his motor blew...his gt pumps were maxed out. Im going to push the envelope as well. Sold my 2.3 and gonna go either 2.9 or 3.4 21 to 23 pounds of boost sipping corn

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
A lot of the guys that have been pushing the stock long block are now starting to see its weakness.

Go check the terminator section on Mod fords.

mach1033

Established Member
When you say pushing the limit you should clarify with racing or getting a number on the dyno. It's really no biggie to make say 900 wheel at 25 +lbs of boost and then never use it. I blew my motor cause I wasn't gonna let this brand x racer win. Prior to the race my car was " very reliable" lol.

Blueline

Established Member
When you say pushing the limit you should clarify with racing or getting a number on the dyno. It's really no biggie to make say 900 wheel at 25 +lbs of boost and then never use it. I blew my motor cause I wasn't gonna let this brand x racer win. Prior to the race my car was " very reliable" lol.

Hell yeah Al! :rockon: Blow that MF up before loosing haha. hurry up and get your car back so we can meet up one of these weekends before they get put away for the winter :beer:

Jefe

Established Member
Not too long ago I found 5+ compound boost Cobras on youtube making well over 1000rwhp and they all stated stock long block...

mach1033

Established Member
Hell yeah Al! :rockon: Blow that MF up before loosing haha. hurry up and get your car back so we can meet up one of these weekends before they get put away for the winter :beer:

When I get home I will send u a pm and let you know the bs I'm going through. My car won't be done till spring time >:eek:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Just keep it out of fifth gear going WOT. Should be fine.

.. and run a stock lower pulley.

These are the methods with which I have blown multiple motors.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
A local guy here has a mystichrome 04 with a 2.6H @ 24psi and 100 shot on race gas. He has been running that setup for over 2 years, and then his motor let go. And its not a "dyno" car either, it was street tuned and he ran the piss out of it every weekend during the season (mostly street). And his headgasket blew, which is very rare for these motors it seems.

Also there was a local guy with a CO 04 that ran a 2.3 whipple on corn and a big shot made close to 900rwhp on stock block. His car caught on fire though, so we never find out how long it lasted, but it did last for a good while.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
After my last tuning session tweaking the blower tune and then adding the nitrous, I talked with some people at various race events & get togethers and when I'd finish the description of my setup with "and stock longblock...", I get the look of :eek:
2.6KB at ~23psi and a 75 dry shot with 25* of timing on boost and 21* on nitrous
04sleeper thinks I should've gone with the 100 pill :poke:
I havn't had a chance to get it on the dyno yet, but I'd guess it's somewhere close to 800 wheel.
I know there have been 900+ RWHP turbo cars on the stock motor, and quite a few other twin screw/nitrous cars making big numbers.
How many are really pushing these motors to the limits?

Dont the turbo setup have less stress on the engine? Whats the use of having 900Hp if your never gonna use it:shrug:

Thats like having a big shaft and never putting out:poke:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Just keep it out of fifth gear going WOT. Should be fine.

.. and run a stock lower pulley.

These are the methods with which I have blown multiple motors.

I agree on the stock lower pulley because of the cage. Boosting in 5th gear is how I damaged my motor. Granted I did 0 to 160 and back to 0 about 10 times back to back lol but it caused pistons to swell and lightly score and then I got a ticking sound.

I bored it .20 over and put 19 cc diamond pistons (8.1:1 compression) and since running those pistons and rings I've had no problems boosting in 5th. Hell I've even sprayed it WOT in 5th lol :rockon:

SVTDice

Established Member
Alot of it comes down to the tune Right? Or it has a part to do with it. I thought...

Jefe

Established Member
The tune is the biggest piece in making that much power. The parts have been proven to make the #s time and again

cbr repsol

Established Member
I hear from a friends that the stock rodbolts will last 2 to 3 years at 700 rwhp. Then the motor lets go and u have carnage. Another story Ive heard stock motor at 1300 rwhp,lasted a month. When it let go it looked like somone put a granade inside and pulled the pin. I think this things are tough but if u really drive them it borrowed time. I myself am going all out stock but I have plans for a built motor in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread