Who else got the X?

termoil78

Established Member
As long as I can plug my headphones into it...
Oh wait, what?
Well at least I can add a memory card to it if I need to.
No to that also?
Well can I at least replace the battery?
No?

You sound kind of like a butt hurt Motorola razor user who was mad when the first iPhone came out cuz you couldn’t afford one and you were mad it wasn’t a flip phone to fit In Your front shirt pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
As long as I can plug my headphones into it...
Oh wait, what?
Well at least I can add a memory card to it if I need to.
No to that also?
Well can I at least replace the battery?
No?

Couple points :

Most headphones now are Bluetooth,

There’s gigs and gigs of storage 64 gigs or 256 gigs, what are you trying to save that’s so large?

I don’t remember the last time i needed to replace the battery on a phone.

I’m usung my iPhone 6 to post this, and it was in the accident with me. Cracked screen but she’s still working fine, charges fine too

Riptide

Established Member
I could easily deal with a 7" phone in 16:9. I think it's great they make two models. Want a little ballerina phone? Don't get the plus. Want a phablet? Then get one. Up until the plus models came out I hated how tiny Apple phones were.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You sound kind of like a butt hurt Motorola razor user who was mad when the first iPhone came out cuz you couldn’t afford one and you were mad it wasn’t a flip phone to fit In Your front shirt pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha nope. I'm a Google phone user.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Couple points :

Most headphones now are Bluetooth,

There’s gigs and gigs of storage 64 gigs or 256 gigs, what are you trying to save that’s so large?

I don’t remember the last time i needed to replace the battery on a phone.

I’m usung my iPhone 6 to post this, and it was in the accident with me. Cracked screen but she’s still working fine, charges fine too

While all that is true, Bluetooth audio quality sucks. Plain and simple. If you are an audiophile you'd know where I am coming from.

I'm happy to hear you are OK after that accident!

I ran over my old Samsung S6 after leaving a car wash one winter. It was wet and cracked, and the phone lasted another year or so.

I'm surprised at all the Apple fanboys in here, they control too much.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
For me these phones are easier to use and have less crap to them. They work better with less hassle imo.

The UI borrows heavily from BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry PlayBook OS with its swipe gestures. Yeah, we BlackBerry folks are salty about it. The UI is suddenly "innovative and new" now that Apple is doing it, but when we had it six years ago, the iHeads said it was too confusing to use! :rolleyes: Apple still hasn't figured out how to use in-app context menus, though. LOL BlackBerry Android (officially called "Android by BlackBerry") has had facial recognition unlocking for a couple years now. I don't like Android, either, though. So I don't want to talk about that. (Salty about BlackBerry now using Android, too.)

BlueSnake01

Established Member
While all that is true, Bluetooth audio quality sucks. Plain and simple. If you are an audiophile you'd know where I am coming from.

I'm happy to hear you are OK after that accident!

I ran over my old Samsung S6 after leaving a car wash one winter. It was wet and cracked, and the phone lasted another year or so.

I'm surprised at all the Apple fanboys in here, they control too much.
This is true, headphone jack does sound better than bluetooth. However, the built in DAC amp on most phones is garbage to begin with including the S8/Note 8 and in reality, 98% of the phones out there. Only certain phones like the Sony Xperia and some from LG I believe actually came out with a decent amp. I never use the headphone jack on my S8 and never did on my S7 Edge either, im with bluetooth on that.

Eh, im not a huge Apple guy but there are some things I do love from them. I like using whatever I think its better for my needs, others dont need all that stuff and are happy with what they have. My only issue with Apple is their prices including their Apple computers.

Apparently the X has the best display rating of any phone ever tested.
It sure does, Apple did a great job on it! The only issue I can see it having is burn like the Pixel XL 2. Apple already issued a statement regarding this that you might encounter screen burn in.

And a battery that last longer than the note 8. But don’t tell that to anyone.
It also takes over 3 hours to charge 100% full while their competition does it half of that, but dont tell anyone that.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Seems like the Face ID is a tad slower than I thought, still working great but sucks that you need to swipe phone in order to work and gives it up after first try. Does Face ID have the option to scan and unlock upon turning screen on like the S8/Note 8? Apple app optimization is still fantastic! Its main bottleneck is the ram and ram managament.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It also takes over 3 hours to charge 100% full while their competition does it half of that, but dont tell anyone that.

Damn.
3 hours? My Nexus 5x does it in 100 minutes (if I remember the specs). I have the USB Type C charging port though.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It sure does, Apple did a great job on it! The only issue I can see it having is burn like the Pixel XL 2. Apple already issued a statement regarding this that you might encounter screen burn in.
That's the shitty part about OLED but tech will eventually get better.

As of now, it doesn't look like any OLED phone is immune from it. This actually makes me not want an OLED screen for now. Every phone I've ever had I turn the screen to stay locked on, I would have to change my phone habits.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn.
3 hours? My Nexus 5x does it in 100 minutes (if I remember the specs). I have the USB Type C charging port though.
I was curious about that because it seems hella slow compared to my phone, but that's only with the 5w slow charger.

With the fast charger it does 0-100% in anywhere from 1:05-1:20 min it looks like from various tests.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I think its nice but at the same time, I could see a couple situations where I wouldn't be into face ID.

I have a 7 128gb iPhone and I genuinely don't feel the need to buy anything unless simply for a larger screen/phone. And at this point the lack of wow factor from apple is making me second guess whether I will continue with them.

jrandy

Established Member
I am surprised that so many people are into the iPhone on here. Apple is how the democrats would design a phone/service, way too much control. I remember when my wife switched from iPhone to Android (both with Verizon) to try it out, and she didnt get 90% of her text messages for months. I dont know if it is still the case, but at the time, Apple was intercepting all text/imessages BEFORE they went to Verizon not after, so when my wife was now sending regular text messages from an android, apple was throwing them out. It took months to straighten it out and I am pretty sure there was a law suit for it.

Did she disable iMessage from her device & deregister prior to switching? If you don't do that, then Apple isn't updated of the change, and texts will not be delivered correctly. iMessage is strictly an on net messaging platform, and cuts out the carriers. The carriers can't do shit about it if it's not properly disabled.

I switched from Apple to Android and vice versa multiple times and have never dealt with lost messages by

BlueSnake01

Established Member
That's the shitty part about OLED but tech will eventually get better.

As of now, it doesn't look like any OLED phone is immune from it. This actually makes me not want an OLED screen for now. Every phone I've ever had I turn the screen to stay locked on, I would have to change my phone habits.
I agree, reminds me of the first year's of Plasma. However, from the looks of it, Samsung took a safer route or are a bit above in that area as their phones are few and rare. The Samsung screens on the Pixel 2 havent reported any major screen burn in issues but the LG screen from the Pixel XL 2 has.

I know the iPhone X is a Samsung screen but it was tweaked by Apple and for them to come out with a statement and a future update having a security measure for it leads me to believe something else.

I was curious about that because it seems hella slow compared to my phone, but that's only with the 5w slow charger.

With the fast charger it does 0-100% in anywhere from 1:05-1:20 min it looks like from various tests.
From what I have seen, avg has been a tad bit over 2 hrs which is MUCH better than the standard charging but still a bit slower than the competition, my S8 does it around 1:30 I believe.

Its just ridiculous that you have to pay $75 extra to get this "feature". I wonder if you can use the fast charging boxes from other devs to get these speeds?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree, reminds me of the first year's of Plasma. However, from the looks of it, Samsung took a safer route or are a bit above in that area as their phones are few and rare. The Samsung screens on the Pixel 2 havent reported any major screen burn in issues but the LG screen from the Pixel XL 2 has.

I know the iPhone X is a Samsung screen but it was tweaked by Apple and for them to come out with a statement and a future update having a security measure for it leads me to believe something else.

From what I have seen, avg has been a tad bit over 2 hrs which is MUCH better than the standard charging but still a bit slower than the competition, my S8 does it around 1:30 I believe.

Its just ridiculous that you have to pay $75 extra to get this "feature". I wonder if you can use the fast charging boxes from other devs to get these speeds?
If you look at the tests between the chargers, it's not really worth the extra dough over the $30 fast charger. There is like a 10 minute difference between that and the $75 one.

Not to mention all the aftermarket chargers that are capable of pushing electrons.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If you look at the tests between the chargers, it's not really worth the extra dough over the $30 fast charger. There is like a 10 minute difference between that and the $75 one.

Not to mention all the aftermarket chargers that are capable of pushing electrons.
I believe $75 was with the USB-C to Apple lightning adapter ($25) and box ($50).

Can't you just buy a QC 3.0 type of box and insert the original Lightning cable to get the fast charging speeds?

I also wonder if they get fast charging wireless?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I believe $75 was with the USB-C to Apple lightning adapter ($25) and box ($50).

Can't you just buy a QC 3.0 type of box and insert the original Lightning cable to get the fast charging speeds?

I also wonder if they get fast charging wireless?
I'm not sure. I haven't done much research on it because it charges fast enough for me. It seems like you could.

I think apple said they would have fast wireless charging in a firmware update. It will probably go along with their wireless charger that they offer to the public.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think its nice but at the same time, I could see a couple situations where I wouldn't be into face ID.

I have a 7 128gb iPhone and I genuinely don't feel the need to buy anything unless simply for a larger screen/phone. And at this point the lack of wow factor from apple is making me second guess whether I will continue with them.
The iPhone X has a better camera, with TrueDepth/Portrait Mode. I really wanted that feature but didn't want the larger (physical) size of the Plus. That feature among other camera upgrades allowed me to ditch my larger super-zoom camera. The $300.00 that I got on eBay went towards my iPhone X. I now can use one camera....on my phone, without having to carry a more bulky camera, too. I was at one point weighing the 8 and the X, but when I found out the X came with Portait Mode, it was a done deal. For me, anyway.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
And I picked out a rod to go with my previous order reel lol

A little over Half way to the X lol

Users who are viewing this thread