Who else got the X?

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Did she disable iMessage from her device & deregister prior to switching? If you don't do that, then Apple isn't updated of the change, and texts will not be delivered correctly. iMessage is strictly an on net messaging platform, and cuts out the carriers. The carriers can't do shit about it if it's not properly disabled.

I switched from Apple to Android and vice versa multiple times and have never dealt with lost messages by
She didnt. But this is ~5-6 years ago. At that time people didnt know it would really cause a problem. After it happened for about a month Apple wiped their hands of the situation and said nothing they can do about it... they said her best option was to buy another iPhone, lol. **** that. A bit later her phone started magically receiving all text messages around the same time we heard about the class action suit.

Blown 89

Established Member
Couple points :

Most headphones now are Bluetooth,

There’s gigs and gigs of storage 64 gigs or 256 gigs, what are you trying to save that’s so large?
Bluetooth headphones are garbage and if I recall the iPhone doesn't have aptx-hd support. That was my problem with the Pixel. At almost $1,100 I wasn't too happy about spending another $150 on an aptx-hd dac/amp to get my current headphones working wirelessly. That's why I ended up with the V30. It automatically switches an amp on for headphones over 50 ohm of impedance and it has a headphone jack built in.

The phone manufacturers sold us a line of crap on the 3.5mm jack. They said it was for thickness and space reasons but LG made a thinner phone than both the iPhone and Pixel and figured out how to not only include it but freaking nail the implementation. The jack doubles as a stereo mic for loud sounds. I was at the track last weekend and it was able to record the louder cars without clipping audio which is freaking incredible for a phone.

There are also other uses for 3.5 mm jacks in the form of accessories. Mobile payments, accessories, line outs, mics, etc, etc.

As far as storage is concerned. I have a 256 GB sd card on the way for my V30. I take a ton of photos, 4k videos, and do a lot of usenet downloaded for when I travel. Storage space is one of those things you don't think about until you run out.

coposrv

Established Member
Anyone want to sell me one of your old phones? I need a iPhone plus 64g. Don't care what it looks like as long as the ear piece works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Anyone want to sell me one of your old phones? I need a iPhone plus 64g. Don't care what it looks like as long as the ear piece works.

Have my 6 plus sold already for $250 when I get my new one.

coposrv

Established Member
Have my 6 plus sold already for $250 when I get my new one.

Damn it. I have a 6 plus now but the ear speaker hasn't worked for a few months and it's bent pretty good from being in my back pocket all the time. I get sketched out buying used electronics on eBay

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Damn it. I have a 6 plus now but the ear speaker hasn't worked for a few months and it's bent pretty good from being in my back pocket all the time. I get sketched out buying used electronics on eBay

Mine does have a tad of a curve as well from the same back pocket deal.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

I've boughten used electronics that worked great and sold working phones as well. Same with craigslist.

I would've though a defective hardware issue would get replaced even if out of warranty?

coposrv

Established Member
I've boughten used electronics that worked great and sold working phones as well. Same with craigslist.

I would've though a defective hardware issue would get replaced even if out of warranty?

I've had the phone for 2 years I figured it was out of whatever the warranty period was.

scott_0

Established Member
I made the switch to an iphone x few days ago, the phone itself is well done, I'm coming from a Galaxy S8, imo the S8 is sleeker and sexier than the x, but as has always been the case, iphones just work flawlessly! Android has always been and always will be wonky. Car Play is amazingly smooth compared to Android Auto, again not wonky like AA, the one thing I will miss is google maps on AA, and don't even get me started on itunes!!!! wow talk about nerve racking! with Google play music, music is simple to put on my phone, I was seriously about to take this ****ing phone back over itunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scott_0

Established Member
iTunes is the worst thing about Apple. If they fix that, instant increased sales.

dude I was having a melt down! with Android I could add music in my sleep, iTunes mucks it all up! my wife kept saying "it's in the cloud" the **** outta here with that cloud shit! I WANT MY MUSIC ON MY PHONE!!!!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
dude I was having a melt down! with Android I could add music in my sleep, iTunes mucks it all up! my wife kept saying "it's in the cloud" the **** outta here with that cloud shit! I WANT MY MUSIC ON MY PHONE!!!!

You CAN have your music on your iPhone.
I never use "the cloud" Ihave about 9000 songs on my iPhone.

scott_0

Established Member
You CAN have your music on your iPhone.
I never use "the cloud" Ihave about 9000 songs on my iPhone.
Im aware, but it's an awful process! Im used to simply dragging and dropping music right on to my micro sd, the biggest is issue me being new to itunes, but its still a very difficult process compared to Android, I was ready to take the phone back until I was finally able to get all my music on the phone

EzraRoss28

I considered buying it but think I'll wait a few months to ensure any bugs have been worked out. I don't want to spend over 1000 on a phone to find out it starts on fire or has antennagate type problems. If everything checks out after a few months I'll definitely look at getting this phone.

jrandy

Established Member

Spotify Premium and download them all to your device.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Amazon Music is really easy to use. You can set it up to automatically download your music to your device when you purchase it. And you don't have to jump through a thousand hoops to set it up or use it, unlike iTunes.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I stopped using itunes forever ago. I just stick with Spotify premium and download the music I want so I can use it on airplanes and when I don't have service while driving.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I am still happy with my S7 Edge, handles everything I throw at it. Until it dies, it stays.

Users who are viewing this thread