Who else got the X?

08mojo

Established Member
For the 256gb.
$999 for the 64gb.
I think I’ve heard up to $300 rebates for phone trade ins as well.

The 64gb Note 8 is $960 through Verizon. I’m not sure why the extra $40 is make or break.

The bottom line are the cell phone are now mobile computers and business offices all in one. Most use their phone as much or more than their office computers. Cell phones with all that they do are absolutely one of the greatest tools/weapons businesses use to create goods and services for their clients.
Yes imo to have a cell phone that works and is timely in everything we ask it to do is way more valuable the their current price tags.

I rely heavily on my phone for work--and it is amazing the amount of work that I can get done with only my phone. I'm all for more powerful and capable phones with bigger screens. I was ridiculed by my co-workers back when I got a Note 3: "you going to hang that on the wall as a tv...blah, blah, blah." Now, those some people that ridiculed me have phones that are just as big if not bigger.

Luckily, work also pays for my phone. I'm due for an upgrade in December, and I'm very glad to see the Note coming back to the samsung line. I'm ready to dump my S7.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Congrats on buying an overpriced S8 with missing features. oh wait... it has a bitten Apple.

All jokes aside, im not a big fan of it. Seen vids on it and IMO an 8/8+ look to be better on using especially with one hand on the regular 8.

The only big advantage i see is having Animoji and the "5.8" screen size. Dat unibrow though.....

scott_0

Established Member
dam that things huge!
really? you know the footprint falls pretty much within that of the iphone 7 and 8 with a 1.1" larger screen and it's smaller than that of a 7 plus or 8 plus with a .3" larger screen........

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Congrats on buying an overpriced S8 with missing features. oh wait... it has a bitten Apple.

All jokes aside, im not a big fan of it. Seen vids on it and IMO an 8/8+ look to be better on using especially with one hand on the regular 8.

The only big advantage i see is having Animoji and the "5.8" screen size. Dat unibrow though.....

Great what features am I missing.

As I already stated the iPhones I’ve had have the best clarity in terms of calls. Many people say I’m on a land line and not some staticky crap you get with most phones. Hell my 09 Nokia had better call quality than my Samsung S5 that came out 5 years later.
Plus I have found my apples just work better than any android I’ve ever had. In saying that I’d rather pay 1k for a full screen than 700 that blocks 1/2 the screen.

Yes I’m happy with my purchase. Thanks

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
$1,149 retail through apple

I'll stick with Android, until Apple gets rid of their control. I absolutely hate iTunes...

+1

Pixel 2 XL with Android 8.1 Developer Preview FTW!

Walled garden of Apple? No thanks!

And RE call quality: 8.1 gives me HD LTE calling on ATT... people sound like they're sitting next to me.

AND I have an AI assistant that actually can understand me and do stuff! Siri could NEVER understand my wife's name. NEVER!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The Apple/Droid debate will go on forever. It's just what you're used to. I've tried my friends droids and find them so complex/confusing compared to the simplicity and ease of use from the iphone.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ordered mine (Verizon) on 10/28. I missed the ordering window at 3:01AM. :( Delivery is early December. I went with the 256gb model (Space Gray) because 64gb isn't enough storage. There are a number of features on the X that excite me. I bought my wife the iPhone 8, which she likes a lot.

The prices some are paying on eBay to be one of the first to own one are crazy. I mean, wait a month and save hundreds/thousands. It's not like they're sold out forever.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Great what features am I missing.

As I already stated the iPhones I’ve had have the best clarity in terms of calls. Many people say I’m on a land line and not some staticky crap you get with most phones. Hell my 09 Nokia had better call quality than my Samsung S5 that came out 5 years later.
Plus I have found my apples just work better than any android I’ve ever had. In saying that I’d rather pay 1k for a full screen than 700 that blocks 1/2 the screen.

Yes I’m happy with my purchase. Thanks
Hmm.......

114-iphone-x.jpg

• Galaxy S8 - 5.8-inch Super AMOLED, 2960 x 1440 pixels (570 ppi pixel density), 1000 nits, 83.6% screen-to-body ratio
  • iPhone X - 5.8-inch 18.5:9 True Tone OLED, 2436 x 1125 pixels (458 ppi), 625 nits, 82.9%, screen-to-body ratio
The infamous notch above the X's display, which cuts out a small chunk of the upper screen to make room for the phone's front-facing camera and sensors, doesn't impact many apps or videos. In fact most I've tried put any critical info below that notch by default. But that does mean the effective display area is even smaller, with black bars on the top and bottom (in portrait mode) or on the sides (in landscape mode).

Most apps and vids wont play using the "full" screen and has a smaller body to screen ration, so not sure what you meant by that? The S5 IMO was probably Samsung's worst phone ever. Also, HD calling didnt exist for the S5 outside of T-Mo ( at least not the in beginning), more than likely your first iPhone had HD calling which is why you noticed that huge difference.

Im not knocking on Apple outside of their ridiculous price. IMO, the iPhone 8 is the better value. This should've been at most $100 more than the 8+

blk02edge

Established Member
No but I did preorder a new fishing reel...gotta pick out a rod now lol
Fly or spinning? Haha

Is Apple's autocorrect fixed now? I remember them having issues with it but now my S6 is so mentally retarded with the autocorrect I'm ready to throw it at a wall. When it comes to phones I'm just as retarded as my S6 so I'm starting to want simple, any opinions on autocorrect?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Screw paying close to that for a damn phone. I'm still on my cracked screen Droid Turbo waiting for the S8+ to come down in price more.

Really digging my S8+. Not a fan of imGaytunes or the proprietary crap that comes from Apple. Video quality is pretty good even with the resolution knocked down.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea side by side I guess isn't much of a difference but I'm use to the 5se size cause its the only one that will fit on my belt at work w/out sticking me in the lower rib cage wen I sit down to drive

I'm really wanting the wireless charging tho. wish they wud come out with wireless charging for the Macbook Pro.

really? you know the footprint falls pretty much within that of the iphone 7 and 8 with a 1.1" larger screen and it's smaller than that of a 7 plus or 8 plus with a .3" larger screen........

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Fly or spinning? Haha

Is Apple's autocorrect fixed now? I remember them having issues with it but now my S6 is so mentally retarded with the autocorrect I'm ready to throw it at a wall. When it comes to phones I'm just as retarded as my S6 so I'm starting to want simple, any opinions on autocorrect?
Get rid of the stock keyboard and download the G Board from Google. Auto correct will adjust to your liking so you wont have those infamous "ducking" moments.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Yeah, I really like the screen size coupled with a smaller overall size than the 8+. Screen size is becoming increasing important (especially to me), especially when I find myself using my iPhone more and more every day for more tasks. The more I can fit on my screen, while being easy to read, the better. Combine it with a smaller footprint (compared to the 8+) and it's a solid hit.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Hmm.......

View attachment 1442815

Most apps and vids wont play using the "full" screen and has a smaller body to screen ration, so not sure what you meant by that? The S5 IMO was probably Samsung's worst phone ever. Also, HD calling didnt exist for the S5 outside of T-Mo ( at least not the in beginning), more than likely your first iPhone had HD calling which is why you noticed that huge difference.

Im not knocking on Apple outside of their ridiculous price. IMO, the iPhone 8 is the better value. This should've been at most $100 more than the 8+

I thought I read that you can make it play on the whole screen if you want it to? Maybe it was an idea they were toying with I can't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread