Who else got the X?

termoil78

Established Member
I have a new X for ATT, using it right now. It’s nice but I’d sell it for $1200 no problem and get another after Xmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My dad got one. He says it’s just ok.

6ab3a11216be6612f2d362a3f64a162b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
Really digging my S8+. Not a fan of imGaytunes or the proprietary crap that comes from Apple. Video quality is pretty good even with the resolution knocked down.

I could get an S8+ for what equates to $370 + tax out of pocket for the phone, but I still passed & will wait for holiday deals. Verizon offered me $100 off retail price of the phone plus $120 ($10 per mo for a year) off my bill plus my $250 Verizon gift card. The phone would add $20.XX to my bill for 24 months. Am I crazy?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I thought I read that you can make it play on the whole screen if you want it to? Maybe it was an idea they were toying with I can't remember.
From what people are saying, it needs to be updated from the app developer to fully use the "full" screen. More than likely, videos recorded from the iPhone itself will play full screen but if an app like YouTube isn't updated, it will play with the black bars.

Still knocking price I see. $40 more than the note 8....

You’re right that is insane how dare Apple. They won’t sell any.
You're right, it's priced perfectly fine. $40 more than a phone with a bigger edge to screen with higher resolution, a better IP rating, expandable memory, bigger battery, and stylus pen. Sure sounds like an amazing deal, I hope people don't just buy it for being Apple :rolleyes:

I can already see an Apple Note Like phone with a 6 inch screen and 64GB for $1400

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Apparently the X has the best display rating of any phone ever tested.

termoil78

Established Member
I bought some nice cases and screen covers on amazon. Much cheaper than in store. But supposedly you can drop this phone from a helicopter......so who needs them right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Jesus, 'member when $500 was a grip to drop on a phone?

Kinda wondering when these are going to "max" out like PCs did. I 'member in the 90's a PC was like $2k and it was dogshit but nowadays you can get a Dell tower that rock solid just works and lasts 5yrs for $299.

jrandy

Established Member
Apparently the X has the best display rating of any phone ever tested.

I have to say, the screen is very nice on it. My first impressions weren't too stelar, but it's been growing on me the past few days. I think I had to get used to the gestures (kinda reminds me of Android tbh).

Overall, I'm really happy with it.

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
Anyone that bought the X move from a plus phone? I’m still on the 6-plus and definitely need a new phone but the X seems too small after having this one. And don’t want to see a X-plus next year so debating the 8-plus.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Riptide

Established Member
I can't stand 18:9 so bad I just got a mate 9. Wanted a larger screen in 16:9. I'd buy a newer version of the mate p8 max if Huawei would make one.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Anyone that bought the X move from a plus phone? I’m still on the 6-plus and definitely need a new phone but the X seems too small after having this one. And don’t want to see a X-plus next year so debating the 8-plus.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I think the iPhone plus is too big. One of the big reasons I waited for the ten is it’s comfortable to work with one hand while easy and light to pocket and carry.

With the lack of bezels it gives the screen the most efficient layout. Everything else is bonus.
Meaning it’s been super easy to put together a google sheets spreadsheet and share all from my phone.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I could get an S8+ for what equates to $370 + tax out of pocket for the phone, but I still passed & will wait for holiday deals. Verizon offered me $100 off retail price of the phone plus $120 ($10 per mo for a year) off my bill plus my $250 Verizon gift card. The phone would add $20.XX to my bill for 24 months. Am I crazy?

Yes, that's $480 when it's all said and done.
I prefer to buy my phone's outright to avoid any contract renewals.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
As long as I can plug my headphones into it...
Oh wait, what?
Well at least I can add a memory card to it if I need to.
No to that also?
Well can I at least replace the battery?
No?

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I am surprised that so many people are into the iPhone on here. Apple is how the democrats would design a phone/service, way too much control. I remember when my wife switched from iPhone to Android (both with Verizon) to try it out, and she didnt get 90% of her text messages for months. I dont know if it is still the case, but at the time, Apple was intercepting all text/imessages BEFORE they went to Verizon not after, so when my wife was now sending regular text messages from an android, apple was throwing them out. It took months to straighten it out and I am pretty sure there was a law suit for it.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm so over the latest and greatest phone fads.

My phone still makes phone calls, texts, email and browses. Until those functions cease, no new phone for me.

Phone innovation has stalled out in the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread