Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Because you have the ability to mass produce them in the USA. Sorry if I thought that making something in the USA is a pro. The Model 3 is already the MOST AMERICAN car you can buy today by content percent. Adding to the ability to down the road manufacturer the batteries here could be a big deal.

They are also significantly cheaper to manufacturer.

But yeah I'm just a "simp" you got it man. Have a good night

I think what bothers most people is that EV's are not succeeding in the marketplace on the merits, and there are some. Instead, it is being jammed down out throats by mandates of extremely dubious merit and science and ability of the grid to support them.

A Nissan Versus has a MSRP of $14,999. Buy $15,000 of gas and you are still cheaper than any EV on sale with a usable range.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL this literally just landed in my inbox. EVs are and always will be the future of transportation.
mail

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Is this a legit article?

I literally just tried to make this argument that not being allowed to charge your car is a serious possibility

1 out of 5 ev owners have switched back to ICE because of hassles like this.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL this literally just landed in my inbox. EVs are and always will be the future of transportation.
mail
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
Say it ain't so!!!!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So, does anyone ask the goons that want this EV shit how does that work for the economy when people can't get to work or live their lives?
How well does the EV batteries do in the cold weather, for months on end? I have no clue as I have zero interest in these EV vehicles.

Are there any countries currently running all EV vehicles?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think what bothers most people is that EV's are not succeeding in the marketplace on the merits, and there are some. Instead, it is being jammed down out throats by mandates of extremely dubious merit and science and ability of the grid to support them.

A Nissan Versus has a MSRP of $14,999. Buy $15,000 of gas and you are still cheaper than any EV on sale with a usable range.
Yes but who wants to drive a $15k Nissan?
Model 3 Performance would match most Hellcats on the street so even tho I’m not yet there myself, I definitely get it.
ICE is here to stay so as long as you can enjoy it, that’s my plan.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Because you have the ability to mass produce them in the USA. Sorry if I thought that making something in the USA is a pro. The Model 3 is already the MOST AMERICAN car you can buy today by content percent. Adding to the ability to down the road manufacturer the batteries here could be a big deal.

They are also significantly cheaper to manufacturer.

But yeah I'm just a "simp" you got it man. Have a good night

Joe Biden was also made in the USA... you want 7 more years of that??

MG0h3

Established Member
What he fails to understand is that the price to charge the car, and the price for home electricity is different. Vastly different.

I use a TOU (time of use) meter that gives approximately a 45% discount to charge my car between 9pm-7am. The vehicle knows the schedule so it will automatically charge when it's cheaper.

The downside is a 45%+ surcharge if I charge during the day. But this isn't really ever needed.

Currently I can take $4.30 (cost of 1 gallon of gas) and very easily drive 150-175 miles

Oh that’s nice. So you have to govern your life and habits around your charging schedule?

What do people that work at night do?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yes but who wants to drive a $15k Nissan?
Model 3 Performance would match most Hellcats on the street so even tho I’m not yet there myself, I definitely get it.
ICE is here to stay so as long as you can enjoy it, that’s my plan.
-J
To illustrate the point that the Versus is available and affordable. When it goes away the cheapest new EV car more than doubles in price.

MG0h3

Established Member
Only peasants work at night. They are not the target market for $85k luxury cars that just happen to be electric.

Hahah dick! Stay on your forklift!

I like working at night. That’s when all the shitbags are out.

Bonus because my ginger ass is allergic to the sun.

Just checked. I could pay cash for two plaids right now with Venmo.

Viper is way more tempting than one of those.

Cobra is on stands (typical right) and I’m outta garage space though.

quad

Established Member
Hahah dick! Stay on your forklift!

I like working at night. That’s when all the shitbags are out.

Bonus because my ginger ass is allergic to the sun.

Just checked. I could pay cash for two plaids right now with Venmo.

Viper is way more tempting than one of those.

Cobra is on stands (typical right) and I’m outta garage space though.

Agree. I prefer working in the evenings and well past midnight. My schedule is all over the place though and I occasionally work at 8 or 10AM.

99cobrasvt

Established Member
Id like to have one for a Daily.
2 things bother me though. The cold weather here for 5 months a year would kill the battery. Also how will they hold up when there payed for. Say if its a 5 year payment? I could charge it at work though thats a plus! No more gas stations is a plus!

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Not going to review 13 pages of this thread.

Reasons:
1. Ugly
2. poor cold weather performance
3. lack of dealer / service network
4. lack of availability for replacement parts (bodyshop repairs, etc.)
5. charging infrastructure (lack therof)
6. time to recharge (too long)

I usually get the most pushback on the charging complaints.
1. I have no spot to put a charger at my house. I am NOT going to put several level 2 chargers just out in the open in my driveway. I live in the mountains for a reason and one reason is that I want to look at trees and mountains and not ugly tech crap.
2. I have 3 kids and own a business. Neither my wife nor I have 45 minutes (or more) to sit and charge a car.
3. Power goes out in a blizzard or some other event - I still have 50 gallons of diesel in my truck.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I am skipping the 6other pages of responses. Most people dislike or hate them because they don’t know any better. They’re a great Intown commuter car and they’re super cheap to run after the initial purchase. But lately you can drive a Tesla for a year and sell it for equal to or more than what you paid for it, it costs under $10 to fill it up. The power and acceleration is ridiculous awesome. The technology is above most other cars.
IMG_5460.JPG

The new update finally allows for wheelspin so you can actually use the drift mode(drift mode is in 3p, track mode in plaid)
They should not be your only vehicle, as heater and defroster problems in the winter time are common in the 3. With good snow tires they have phenomenal traction in snow and ice, best traction control available. But I still love the sound and violence of my cobra and most other V-8‘s

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I am skipping the 6other pages of responses. Most people dislike or hate them because they don’t know any better. They’re a great Intown commuter car and they’re super cheap to run after the initial purchase. But lately you can drive a Tesla for a year and sell it for equal to or more than what you paid for it, it costs under $10 to fill it up. The power and acceleration is ridiculous awesome. The technology is above most other cars.View attachment 1741722
The new update finally allows for wheelspin so you can actually use the drift mode(drift mode is in 3p, track mode in plaid)
They should not be your only vehicle, as heater and defroster problems in the winter time are common in the 3. With good snow tires they have phenomenal traction in snow and ice, best traction control available. But I still love the sound and violence of my cobra and most other V-8‘s

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread