Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

Reaper14

Established Member
Lol
IMG_20220315_121655_167.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't personally like EVs (especially Teslas). And l don't like the government & manufacturers forcing them on us. You really love your Plaid, and in the end that is all that should matter. We're all entitled to our opinions, as well as our loves and hates.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
has anyone ever seen an electric cop car or ambulance? serious question.

if there is no such thing, then that's just another red flag (of many).

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
If this is a legitimate Tesla service vehicle, it raises a few questions.

Did Tesla determine that ICE service vehicles are more reliable? Economical? Easier to use? Better service life? Does Tesla laugh every time they sell a vehicle?

Even if the answer to all of the above is no, why even create a situation that puts those thoughts in someone's head?

It doesn't seem like a good way to advertise one's brand.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Did Tesla determine that ICE service vehicles are more reliable? Economical? Easier to use? Better service life? Does Tesla laugh every time they sell a vehicle?

Even if the answer to all of the above is no, why even create a situation that puts those thoughts in someone's head?

does anyone even sell an ev service vehicle for them to option? What makes more sense - to put their resources into building more of their current car line up they cant keep up with and trying to finish things like their god awful truck or tying up a ton of resources to make sure they have an EV service van?

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member

Tesla doesn't build a van, but they need the space a van offers for mobile service. Necessity.

Over the years I've seen plenty of Domestic Vans/Trucks with a foreign car name plastered all over them because that manufacturer doesn't build that type of vehicle.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
does anyone even sell an ev service vehicle for them to option? What makes more sense - to put their resources into building more of their current car line up they cant keep up with and trying to finish things like their god awful truck or tying up a ton of resources to make sure they have an EV service van?
I was under the impression that Tesla was an EV manufacturer.

Why wouldn't they make them or retrofit/modify an existing platform?

If Tesla vehicles are so economical and reliable, how many service vehicles do they even need?

An ICE Tesla:
images(162).jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

If Tesla vehicles are so economical and reliable, how many service vehicles do they even need?

An ICE Tesla:
View attachment 1741908
This is like asking why doesn't ford use Ford semi's and build planes since ya know, they can build gas powered vehicles.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tesla doesn't build a van, but they need the space a van offers for mobile service. Necessity.

Over the years I've seen plenty of Domestic Vans/Trucks with a foreign car name plastered all over them because that manufacturer doesn't build that type of vehicle.
So,...........why wouldn't Tesla make a van?!?!? Too much battery juice? Too much down time charging?
LMFAO

It's more SafEzzZ for he EnVirOmenTenZZ.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

An ICE Tesla:
View attachment 1741908

Mack trucks is a manufacturer - why do they use Mercedes vans with a Mercedes motor to run parts? Given time and production capacity I would imagine little Tesla vans are on the list but they'd rather sell other shit with higher volume potential and markup on optional equipment. Fleets don't give a **** about the options that have profitable markup, they want bare bones creature comforts. Then they've gotta have a whole other group to outfit the inside of the thing so that fleets will want theirs over the other guys.

I can see where modifying an existing platform could have a big liability exposure in accident, fire etc...

for all we know that one little service truck covers hundreds of miles. Window motors, door lock actuators, all that shit still breaks like anything else but they arent out there chasing busted coolant hoses.

Im not a big EV nut swinger but some of the arguments on here are ridiculous

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Mack trucks is a manufacturer - why do they use Mercedes vans with a Mercedes motor to run parts? Given time and production capacity I would imagine little Tesla vans are on the list but they'd rather sell other shit with higher volume potential and markup on optional equipment. Fleets don't give a **** about the options that have profitable markup, they want bare bones creature comforts. Then they've gotta have a whole other group to outfit the inside of the thing so that fleets will want theirs over the other guys.

I can see where modifying an existing platform could have a big liability exposure in accident, fire etc...

for all we know that one little service truck covers hundreds of miles. Window motors, door lock actuators, all that shit still breaks like anything else but they arent out there chasing busted coolant hoses.

Im not a big EV nut swinger but some of the arguments on here are ridiculous
I'm not arguing. I have simply given my opinion, made some observations, and posed some questions.

I don't care what Tesla does or does not do. It's not my company, something I see as necessary or even a viable solution to "energy/climate crises".

We can all agree to disagree. It's no big deal.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread