Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

Fat Boss

Established Member
What I give 2 shits about is a full exhaust pullied eaton Cobra with the top down because I still believe this is a free goddamn country and my wife and I love going on cruises together.

This. My supercharged GT350 convertible is light years ahead of an EV in terms of driving experience. I've had my DD Mach-E for almost 5 months and 1500 miles and it does what it does well, though I haven't had to drive to the office just yet

If I had to choose only ONE of my vehicles, it'd be the truck. All households need a truck and it's an engaging experience with the 6 speed manual. I bought it new 23 years ago and it's still a great truck.

olympic

Established Member
Tesla roadside assistance has an I.C.E. Nothing more needs to be said.
276220887_130310352879018_3310324560061983804_n.jpg

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
The car enthusiast wants to personalize their vehicle. The racer will always want to tune the car to extract better performance from it. The EV platform offers no performance customization options. You will be just as fast as everyone else driving the same car. There is nothing special about it. The EV becomes an appliance, like your microwave. It does a job very well and at there is zero emotional attachment to an appliance such as this.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The car enthusiast wants to personalize their vehicle. The racer will always want to tune the car to extract better performance from it. The EV platform offers no performance customization options. You will be just as fast as everyone else driving the same car. There is nothing special about it. The EV becomes an appliance, like your microwave. It does a job very well and at there is zero emotional attachment to an appliance such as this.
Good analogy.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
1.) Tesla are built like absolute trash, like seriously some of the worst QC ever.
2.) Not cool with a connected car, wait until the next lock down comes and your way cool electric car will not turn on or go anywhere.
3.) Range is terrible and charging times are slow, I can get gas in less than 5mins and be on my way.
4.) It is NOT better for the environment, electricity is made by burning coal(by and large)
5.) Electric car production is more pollutant than conventional production.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
1.) Tesla are built like absolute trash, like seriously some of the worst QC ever.
2.) Not cool with a connected car, wait until the next lock down comes and your way cool electric car will not turn on or go anywhere.
3.) Range is terrible and charging times are slow, I can get gas in less than 5mins and be on my way.
4.) It is NOT better for the environment, electricity is made by burning coal(by and large)
In short,............don't be gay and buy an EV.
(y)(y)

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

I'd argue they probably can be modded but it takes a different skill set vs ICE and you can jailbreak them. IMHO the appliance aspect is already coming to ICE too with over-air updates, communication check in, encryption. No one reads the EULA and no one "owns" what they "buy" anymore. ICE is easier to work around but you have to notice the trend.

Pretty neutral on EV and very Pro ICE to be clear. Just anti the consumer not owning the product kind of like iPhones and the whole IoT.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Very much agree with that part. I'll argue point 4 is more a power generation issue than an EV issue. Recycling fission reactors, I still think plasma recycling has a place, maybe fusion "one day". But there are obvious political advantages progressing EV and holding back large scale next gen power production funding. Logically it makes no sense.

Till then it is Vroooom for me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd argue they probably can be modded but it takes a different skill set vs ICE and you can jailbreak them. IMHO the appliance aspect is already coming to ICE too with over-air updates, communication check in, encryption. No one reads the EULA and no one "owns" what they "buy" anymore. ICE is easier to work around but you have to notice the trend.

Pretty neutral on EV and very Pro ICE to be clear. Just anti the consumer not owning the product kind of like iPhones and the whole IoT.
I think his point was that like an appliance an EV does a job very well but there is zero emotional attachment to the "appliance". It lacks soul; like the unmistakable satisfaction you get just simply rowing the gears with a 600whp thundering V8 under the hood. You get that satisfaction equally at part throttle and full throttle.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I think his point was that like an appliance an EV does a job very well but there is zero emotional attachment to the "appliance". It lacks soul; like the unmistakable satisfaction you get just simply rowing the gears with a 600whp thundering V8 under the hood. You get that satisfaction equally at part throttle and full throttle.

I might have had the wrong take away. I do agree, I'm well over 600 and I do love coming home stinking like fuel and yelling at everyone cause I'm temporarily hard of hearing. I'm not being sarcastic at all. Fast is fun but also just fun is fun. Similar to a nice set of headphones might sound "as good" as a mid range home theater but I'll take the subs, not the same experience.

I think EV will have an after market coming but not the same, then and in the connected and the fun is over.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I might have had the wrong take away. I do agree, I'm well over 600 and I do love coming home stinking like fuel and yelling at everyone cause I'm temporarily hard of hearing. I'm not being sarcastic at all. Fast is fun but also just fun is fun. Similar to a nice set of headphones might sound "as good" as a mid range home theater but I'll take the subs, not the same experience.

I think EV will have an after market coming but not the same, then and in the connected and the fun is over.
Yep, even the smell of fuel is part of the experience. Or getting your hands nice and dirty when changing the oil/filter or doing some engine maintenance. Like you said, "fun is fun"!!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
No EV hate here, but I hate the fact that Thee Government!! is pushing electric cars so hard when our power grid simply cannot support it if it were to happen the way they want it to. Everyone across the country simply will not be able to plug in their smart car at night. Hot summer days already put a strain on our power grid. Why do you think electric providers will give you a break on your bill if you let them install one of their thermostats that they can remotely control the temperature.

I also hate that Elon Musk, as smart as he is would build a factory in China to manufacture his cars. A country that absolutely hates us to the core who will own us through trade, industrialism and logistics in the very near future if billionaire Americans and companies don’t stop investments in China.

And it cracks me up seeing these dudes driving around with their ‘Zero Emissions’ plates on their Tesla. Plenty of emissions were emitted in China when that car was built and they still have to be plugged in to charge. Do they call their utility providers to make sure they’re green? Lol

I’m no hater, just a realist. Electrical controls is how I make a living, and I’m just sour to China, not EV technology.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Curious to know the percentage of EV electrical components, subassemblies, and batteries that are counterfeit?

I'd imagine under the current climate that those numbers taking a huge jump-up.

Users who are viewing this thread