Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Rimac is also what, 1.8 million? Although it absolutely trounces the Plaid at tghe dragstrip. Makes it look like you're racing a Honda Accord. Which is inase, because the Plaid makes nearly everything in its price bracket look like a Honda accord already
That's YOUR opinion! Keep trying.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
EV represent so much more scariness than just trying to force out ICE. Tracking, big brother control, grid issues, etc. Tesla drivers are among the most elitist people I’ve ever seen.

How about battery fires? Want to have your kid in a car seat in a Tesla on fire. No thank you.

It is also a regression in quality of life. How many hours do you have to charge to get a 300 mi full range on a 60 degree sunny day with a 10 mph tail wind? I can fill 34 gallons of gas in 3 minutes and be on my way for 500+ miles.

EV is pure garbage. Being forced down our throats way before it’s viable tech.

Inner city commuter car is the only way I can think of it actually being comparable in utility.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Also my bro in law has one. He may sell it and make a pretty penny. Bought it in St. Louis and had to stop to charge driving 240 miles back to KC. F that!!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Uhhh. No they didn’t. They developed a cable that would allow charging in 5 minutes. Just have the power source to provide that amount of power and a battery that will accept it. Lmfao.
You are correct and no where did I say it is currently available. The point is, that tech is coming soon and there will be no excuse for how long it takes to recharge.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Grid can’t handle more than 2-4 of these chargers in any given neighborhood. Try again

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m actually looking forward to getting my wife into a Pacifica Hybrid. For any automotive enthusiast, EVs take away a huge percentage of the experience we all enjoy.r
For non-enthusiasts however, the EVs will just make more sense for DD duty.
I still don’t think our infrastructure is ready for the mass change over to EV and this crazy ICE ban mandates.
Nice Tesla, congrats @Intervention302
-J

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Also how about lithium mines? Environmentally friendly? No. What do we plan to do with all these toxic dead batteries in 7 years?

This is not a slight against Musk for the record. He’s a cool dude and I like him

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@Intervention302

You've failed to answer my other questions, but I'll give it another try before I start into Phase II.

Why am I subsidizing your battery powered cars and 500,000 charging stations if they're so great (less cost, safer, less maintenance, easier to refuel, more dependable, easier to repair)?

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not against hybrid. MUCH more sustainable and economical especially in @biminiLX situation

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The entirety of EV’s is a giant virtue signal if you step back & look at the pesky facts.
Electricity. It’s great! Nobody will argue with that. But wait, where does it come from?
80% of the electricity in this country is produced by, wait for it…, fossil fuels.
While this is true, I’ll use my wife as an example. She wants ‘one more minivan’ instead of the Lincoln Aviator.
So the Pacifica Hybrid will fit our needs in that I’ll plug it in every night, unplug it before I leave for work, and she’ll be able to drive approximately 35 miles daily on electric power only. Her commute daily is rarely over 35 miles and almost 100% city driving.
I’ll assume she represents a huge percentage of drivers who would benefit from a hybrid like the Pacifica as a daily.
Nothing to do with us tree hugging or wanting a hybrid necessarily, just in this case we feel it fits our needs best.
I also feel that until we upgrade the infrastructure, EVs won’t succeed.
How we accomplish that upgrade (and who pays for it) is the real debate.
-J

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
If you think about it, this is the worst application. What % of city dwellers even have garages? Are they going to run cords out of their window when parked on the street?
Interesting point. Not a big city guy in the slightest so that makes sense

Intervention302

Established Member
@Intervention302

You've failed to answer my other questions, but I'll give it another try before I start into Phase II.

Why am I subsidizing your battery powered cars and 500,000 charging stations if they're so great (less cost, safer, less maintenance, easier to refuel, more dependable, easier to repair)?
We are done talking. Thanks

Intervention302

Established Member

I'm not advocating the mass adoption of EV here guys. I am saying I simply enjoy driving it as a DD and curious why the others have such strong negative feelings towards that. As seen here

Also how about lithium mines? Environmentally friendly? No. What do we plan to do with all these toxic dead batteries in 7 years?

This is not a slight against Musk for the record. He’s a cool dude and I like him

If you follow Musk, and enjoy listening and learning. Then do so, and I'm not trying to make that sound bad in a way. A lot of the battery tech is over my head, even if I want to try to understand. But I have learned 2 things.

1. Lithium is #3 on the table of elements. Its literally everywhere. You just need to be creative in how to "mine" it. He mentioned a new technology that diffuses lithium from sea water that would essentially give the world an infinite supply. Not sure how true, just something I heard him speak about.

Lithium isn't the problem at all really. Its nickel and cobalt that are the hard ones.

2. The new LFP design battery is really interesting because it replaces, to my knowledge, the nickel and cobalt with iron. This reduces the costs dramatically and can essentially have the batteries made 100% with US materiels.

As mentioned the Model 3 is already the MOST AMERICAN car by content already.

Grid can’t handle more than 2-4 of these chargers in any given neighborhood. Try again

I'm not so sure about that. You have an actual study on that?

Of course this is dependent on where you live. I live in the woods. Non issue

EV represent so much more scariness than just trying to force out ICE. Tracking, big brother control, grid issues, etc. Tesla drivers are among the most elitist people I’ve ever seen.

How about battery fires? Want to have your kid in a car seat in a Tesla on fire. No thank you.

It is also a regression in quality of life. How many hours do you have to charge to get a 300 mi full range on a 60 degree sunny day with a 10 mph tail wind? I can fill 34 gallons of gas in 3 minutes and be on my way for 500+ miles.

EV is pure garbage. Being forced down our throats way before it’s viable tech.

Inner city commuter car is the only way I can think of it actually being comparable in utility.
Lot of text I'll try to reply

Battery fires really aren't all that common as the media makes you think. Sure they happen, and can be devastating. But they aren't common

You would very much want your kids in a Tesla honestly. The Model 3 has the lowest percent chance of serious injury or fatality from an accident of any vehicle ever tested. Oddly enough, the glass roof plays a big roll. As does the fact that they are all but impossible to flip over.

I spoke to a Mach e owner @ my Thursday cruise night, he told me the car had no soul !!

I drove the Mach E. It was a real performance letdown. I didn't really care much for the drive modes either. Was pretty confusing.

That's YOUR opinion! Keep trying.

I'm not trying to argue Bob I hope you know that. I'm simply stating it runs 9.20 @ 155 factory fresh and costs $125,000

To my knowledge there is no production vehicle that is faster that 9.20 that costs less than $250,000

The entirety of EV’s is a giant virtue signal if you step back & look at the pesky facts.
Electricity. It’s great! Nobody will argue with that. But wait, where does it come from?
80% of the electricity in this country is produced by, wait for it…, fossil fuels.

True. Again I am not advocating for the mass adoption of EVs. Simply saying they are a great DD for a lot of people. I didn't get it for saving the environment. I couldn't possibly care less about the environment (hence a cammed catless V8)

I just like how the Tesla drives as a daily

In my state 60%+ is powered by Nuclear.

Intervention302

Established Member
I think I forgot this one.

I don't live in a big city and never want to. Inner city is going to be a big challenge for EVs. Of which is why I am so against the banning/mandating of ICE by 2030/2035/2040

Intervention302

Established Member
1 more reason the Tesla is gay as ****.
Yes that's pretty awful. I don't claim this man lol

However the sentry mode is GREAT. Honestly surprised that no other manufacturer has thought of it. It looked like he was holding the sentry mode flash drive

The car has I believe 8 exterior cameras. When parked it continuously monitors people that walk too close to the car. If it believes that its about to be vandalized it will automatically record from 8 angles in HD and then save the footage inside the car.
It will show a recording red blinking light on the center screen. And then can even send a live text to your phone to tell you something is going on. I'd love to have an integrated system like this for the Cobra

Also, in any accident it will also save the footage for your insurance company/police report (if you wanted it of course depending who is at fault)

Basically a perfect dash cam, except you have 8 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread