Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
You cannot mod your EV. It doesn't make the same sounds as my POS Dakota R/T with exhaust. Forget about lifting your hood at a car show. Chicks don't dig EVs. For me, a car is an experience. Another small detail, no maintenance. I like maintaining my POS. Sometimes hot rods even smell good when they are started and running. I spare everyone my rant against EVs. I do not like them one bit.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Seems like a bunch of nerds created a car to hang out with the real car guys.

They show up, and nobody cares. The real enthusiasts, go back to working on their ICE cars. Cars that need tinkering to keep going. You build a relationship with your car. Hell, We watch other people build cars. its an art. They transform them with skill, and hard work. The nerds are upset, and are looking for approval.

I have always thought that the "car guys" that get EVs, are not car guys, they're tech guys.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

Intervention302

Established Member
I have always thought that the "car guys" that get EVs, are not car guys, they're tech guys.
Well the Tesla majority of Tesla guys sure as hell aren't gun guys. Their forums get quite triggered no pun included

Sig MCX fits great in the frunk

VegasMichael

Established Member
So far I haven't seen a Tesla that was visually appealing to me but I don't hate them just because they are electric. V8 guys that hate them might also be the same ones that hate Japanese cars aka ricers. A lot of Harley guys hate Japanese bikes as well. My neighbor just got a Honda Shadow and I thought it was a pretty good looking bike.

Intervention302

Established Member
So far I haven't seen a Tesla that was visually appealing to me but I don't hate them just because they are electric. V8 guys that hate them might also be the same ones that hate Japanese cars aka ricers. A lot of Harley guys hate Japanese bikes as well. My neighbor just got a Honda Shadow and I thought it was a pretty good looking bike.
The Tesla Roadster looks great. I do agree the vast majority of EVs look pretty awful

This Roadster might be able to do 0-60 in 1.1 seconds with the SpaceX package and run mid 8's

Been a prototype for years, so hard to say

Attachments

• 54ROADSTER-MAIN_i.jpg
    54ROADSTER-MAIN_i.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 54
  • E1xM0DqWYAA_Kpu.jpg
    E1xM0DqWYAA_Kpu.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 54

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
That car was probably fried by the end, push it for the #'s. I also highly doubt it wasn't some crazy Musk ringer car sent specifically with some more exotic materials.
It is all moot anyways because there are zero superchargers at the track. So you are SOL when the battery dies.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The Rimac is better looking than the roadster. The evija would be really good looking but the tail lights absolutely kill it.

On the subject of Lotus though, the Emira is one of the cars I want more than anything right now. But of course, not EV so it doesn't relate to this thread.

Intervention302

Established Member
It is all moot anyways because there are zero superchargers at the track. So you are SOL when the battery dies.
That's just not true though.

There are Gen 3 Superchargers at the Ring. Laguna Seca has permits filed out for 8 Tesla chargers to be installed very soon as well.

Attachments

• 1rstyusefq661.jpg
    1rstyusefq661.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 49

Intervention302

Established Member
The Rimac is better looking than the roadster. The evija would be really good looking but the tail lights absolutely kill it.

On the subject of Lotus though, the Emira is one of the cars I want more than anything right now. But of course, not EV so it doesn't relate to this thread.
The Rimac is also what, 1.8 million? Although it absolutely trounces the Plaid at tghe dragstrip. Makes it look like you're racing a Honda Accord. Which is inase, because the Plaid makes nearly everything in its price bracket look like a Honda accord already

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna break this down in 2 parts.

I have a good amount of time behind Ev’s and hybrids and they are boring as shit IMO. The fun acceleration wears off quick and you are left with a blender or a vacuum cleaner. That’s my final verdict.

The most important part is EV’s are not THE natural future. They are not something the market selected to replace ICE because it’s a better mouse trap or simply a better fit. Its our future because it’s a forced solution to a perceived problem that they tell you is an “existential threat”. They really promise guys. They know “ for certain” this time. Not like global cooling or global warming. But it’s “real” this time.

This is all bullshit. There are quite a few undeniable and so far, unfixable problems with EV’s and the EV rollout which leads to 2 conclusions

#1 They’re pulling a skylab from the 70’s hoping they figure out all these massive problems.
#2 There is some sinister intent behind killing ICE.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

ajaf1656

Established Member
Seca has permits filed out for 8 Tesla chargers to be installed very soon as well.
And yet they refuse to build any actual grandstands or improve the amenities for spectators. I've been to a handful of race tracks and it makes me sad that Laguna Seca's biggest investment was a Corkscrew sign on the hill and trying to have wifi. I love Laguna Seca, but they have made some tragic decisions that drove away MotoGP and World Superbike.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

tistan

Established Member
I hate that the only reason electric cars are viable is because the government has artificially propped up the industry and picked them as the next winner. In reality electric vehicles are a completely shit technology. The government forcing them on us instead of letting the free market develop the best technology is the reason I hate electric vehicles.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
What, people can't get behind "the science" of EVs?....haha. They aren't my flavor. I don't hate them, but I don't like them. Good news is that it's just my opinion and it really doesn't mean a ****ing thing. So, when "everyone" has an EV and no one can run a home A/C unit due to the electric grid being overloaded, what do they say about it then?

ajaf1656

Established Member
The government that brought you the flashing tire pressure light and the gas cans that spill gas everywhere are the ones to pick your next car. No thanks. I'll drive what I have forever before I let them push me into a shitty new vehicle.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
You cannot mod your EV. It doesn't make the same sounds as my POS Dakota R/T with exhaust. Forget about lifting your hood at a car show. Chicks don't dig EVs. For me, a car is an experience. Another small detail, no maintenance. I like maintaining my POS. Sometimes hot rods even smell good when they are started and running. I spare everyone my rant against EVs. I do not like them one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread