Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

Intervention302

Established Member
I guess, but most of the leftoids pushing for “green” energy don’t like the nuclear boogeyman and if they do they’re nimbyists.
Don't assume because I drive an EV that somehow I'm a "lefttoid". You couldn't be further from the truth

60% of my state is nuclear as stated with 1 single reactor. They built two reactors, but never started the 2nd due to public pushback. The hippies have tried to get #1 closed for years and years. I'm about 40 miles from the reactor

My state already has one of the most expensive electric rates even with the reactor. Will be a sad day if it closes.

A lot are going solar in my state because of the electric rates.

LS WUT

Established Member
Tough to decide who is being a prick or not. A lot of people in here who somehow feel the need to belittle a fellow Cobra member just because he daily drives an EV. So I May have replied a bit hot. A more adult answer is below.

Daily Driving in NH simply wouldn't work. It snows a lot, sometimes more than 12-18" per storm. I live in the Woods, roads not always plowed. Lots of frost heaves that would legit rip the catback off the car, if not fully rip the oil pan off.

Next, the insane amount of salt they use would rust our cars out even faster than they already are.

Only people in my state that would daily their Cobra are the ones who just can't afford a winter beater.
I understand that reading messages doesn’t help because you can’t see emotion. I don’t knock either or, I’m with most. I’m not opposed to either or truthfully, if it’s fun to drive and easy to scoot around I’m cool with it. I wasn’t aware you lived somewhere that it snows that much. I’m sure like most we’ve all seen the pullied to whippled video. Most enthusiasts just enjoy the raw feeling of cars, versus where they’re headed. Hell even new trucks park for you. Which is cool don’t get me wrong, however even though I’m only 30 now, technology is crazy these days. A lot of it is going so quick. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed with the mark Tesla has made. Just like another member said I’m glad they did some performance aspects of it. Such as the package for more acceleration, and such. Going fast is exciting to most of us, however I feel the same way towards the new GT500. Having a manual just makes the driving experience more involved to me, same for my 03 cobras. The raw experience is what I enjoy the most. I also drive my 88 Notch coupe. No crazy electronics, just a good ol 302 and my 5 speed. Different strokes, for different folks.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Don't assume because I drive an EV that somehow I'm a "lefttoid". You couldn't be further from the truth

60% of my state is nuclear as stated with 1 single reactor. They built two reactors, but never started the 2nd due to public pushback. The hippies have tried to get #1 closed for years and years. I'm about 40 miles from the reactor

My state already has one of the most expensive electric rates even with the reactor. Will be a sad day if it closes.

A lot are going solar in my state because of the electric rates.
I know you’re not a lefty and I wasn’t insinuating that. I actually enjoy your YouTube channel and can tell you’re a freedom loving gear head like many here.

I don’t care if you or anyone else owns an EV.

As I stated previously, my issues is with the government forcing them into our lives. I’m not interested in them period.

Intervention302

Established Member
I understand that reading messages doesn’t help because you can’t see emotion. I don’t knock either or, I’m with most. I’m not opposed to either or truthfully, if it’s fun to drive and easy to scoot around I’m cool with it. I wasn’t aware you lived somewhere that it snows that much. I’m sure like most we’ve all seen the pullied to whippled video. Most enthusiasts just enjoy the raw feeling of cars, versus where they’re headed. Hell even new trucks park for you. Which is cool don’t get me wrong, however even though I’m only 30 now, technology is crazy these days. A lot of it is going so quick. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed with the mark Tesla has made. Just like another member said I’m glad they did some performance aspects of it. Such as the package for more acceleration, and such. Going fast is exciting to most of us, however I feel the same way towards the new GT500. Having a manual just makes the driving experience more involved to me, same for my 03 cobras. The raw experience is what I enjoy the most. I also drive my 88 Notch coupe. No crazy electronics, just a good ol 302 and my 5 speed. Different strokes, for different folks.
I prefer my Cobra to my Dad's 2020 GT500. I get it 100%

That is why having both the EV daily and the Cobra for the weekend is a great combo.

You'd likely be surprised if you drove one. Well, a tesla specifically. 98% of EVs are trash

Intervention302

Established Member
I know you’re not a lefty and I wasn’t insinuating that. I actually enjoy your YouTube channel and can tell you’re a freedom loving gear head like many here.

I don’t care if you or anyone else owns an EV.

As I stated previously, my issues is with the government forcing them into our lives. I’m not interested in them period.
That's what we get (collectively) for voting the Biden Harris disaster.

Nothings built
Nothings back
Nothings better

If you really want to piss off the EV hippies, just show them this.

The Model 3 makes a great car to store your firearms in. Doesnt fit with the can though

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Tough to decide who is being a prick or not. A lot of people in here who somehow feel the need to belittle a fellow Cobra member just because he daily drives an EV. So I May have replied a bit hot. A more adult answer is below.

Daily Driving in NH simply wouldn't work. It snows a lot, sometimes more than 12-18" per storm. I live in the Woods, roads not always plowed. Lots of frost heaves that would legit rip the catback off the car, if not fully rip the oil pan off.

Next, the insane amount of salt they use would rust our cars out even faster than they already are.

Only people in my state that would daily their Cobra are the ones who just can't afford a winter beater.
"Daily Driving in NH simply wouldn't work. It snows a lot, sometimes more than 12-18" per storm. I live in the Woods, roads not always plowed. Lots of frost heaves that would legit rip the catback off the car, if not fully rip the oil pan off."

So, in light of all of this, you chose this
Z(63).jpg

as a daily driver?

Turbosnake281

Established Member
I work for the DOT and I will gladly make you aware of how we will be forced to all have electric vehicles.

Express lanes were created for the purpose for being for electric vehicles only, they are to make people get used to using the express lane. Express lanes are free to use if you have a hybrid or electric vehicle at this point in time. Once the population is comfortable and used to using the express lanes they will make the express lanes roadway charge your electronic vehicle while driving like how you sit your iphone on a wireless charging spot. Then the express lanes will be changed to be for only electric vehicles. Don't forget you will pay to have your electric vehicle charged while you are driving on it.

To further speak, I hate electric vehicles and don't you forget average electric vehicles are limited to 120mph.

I like gasoline and oil fumes to go to the atmosphere where it belongs. I could talk for days on overall points of this entire subject of electric vehicles but choose not to. Your welcome.

Intervention302

Established Member
"Daily Driving in NH simply wouldn't work. It snows a lot, sometimes more than 12-18" per storm. I live in the Woods, roads not always plowed. Lots of frost heaves that would legit rip the catback off the car, if not fully rip the oil pan off."

So, in light of all of this, you chose this
View attachment 1741277
as a daily driver?

It's surprisingly the best winter car I have ever driven. The traction control system is likely one of the best in the world.

It preheats automatically before work. Can be preheated from my cellphone leaving work. Then you can get in in -15f weather and immediately floor it without worrying about oil/coolant temps. Plus I love not needing to fill up the gas in cold ass weather.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Because I want a car that I drive, not that drives me. No clutch no care.

Intervention302

Established Member
I work for the DOT and I will gladly make you aware of how we will be forced to all have electric vehicles.

Express lanes were created for the purpose for being for electric vehicles only, they are to make people get used to using the express lane. Express lanes are free to use if you have a hybrid or electric vehicle at this point in time. Once the population is comfortable and used to using the express lanes they will make the express lanes roadway charge your electronic vehicle while driving like how you sit your iphone on a wireless charging spot. Then the express lanes will be changed to be for only electric vehicles. Don't forget you will pay to have your electric vehicle charged while you are driving on it.

To further speak, I hate electric vehicles and don't you forget average electric vehicles are limited to 120mph.

I like gasoline and oil fumes to go to the atmosphere where it belongs. I could talk for days on overall points of this entire subject of electric vehicles but choose not to. Your welcome.

I disagree with any and all mandates. Thats black and white for me.

Most EVs are slow you are correct. My Model 3 runs 11.8@116 but it does fall on its face above 130. That's more from the "transmission" I believe though.

I personally don't see a need for the wireless charging roads. I'm not sure if you will be able to flow enough juice to make it work. My charger at home pulls 11.5kwh.

At highway speeds the car discharges 1KWh every 3.75 miles. Would need a lot of juice to maintain that

Intervention302

Established Member
Because I want a car that I drive, not that drives me. No clutch no care.

I don't often use the Autopilot, but it is great to use when taking off my glasses and putting on my prescription sun glasses.

Or other distractions. It does help

I don't pay for the Full Self Driving however

Turbosnake281

Established Member
I disagree with any and all mandates. Thats black and white for me.

Most EVs are slow you are correct. My Model 3 runs 11.8@116 but it does fall on its face above 130. That's more from the "transmission" I believe though.

I personally don't see a need for the wireless charging roads. I'm not sure if you will be able to flow enough juice to make it work. My charger at home pulls 11.5kwh.

At highway speeds the car discharges 1KWh every 3.75 miles. Would need a lot of juice to maintain that
Have fun waiting 12hrs for your car to charge up.

Don't forget its only about how the money flows and the control over you.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

I think those “charger” lanes should just have an elevated “hot” line and the cars could have a lighting rod type contraption to transfer the electricity. I should patent this idea.

Intervention302

Established Member
Have fun waiting 12hrs for your car to charge up.

Don't forget its only about how the money flows and the control over you.
It charges while you sleep, just like your cell phone. I have very, very rarely waited for it to charge.

A full charge at home is just under 6 hours. A full charge at a supercharger is alound 35-40 mins

Intervention302

Established Member
Maybe its possible one day. I hate to say never.

Hell Elon designed a rocket that can launch into outer space and then land on a wirelessly controlled barge in the middle of the ocean.

Currently though we are not there. Hell we can't even take care of our existing roadways, let alone putting electricity in them

Users who are viewing this thread