Whipple Supercharger Installed....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always find it interesting how every time someone posts that they have installed something that might be seen as bigger and better, and instead of offering positive comments you instead criticize and question. Whatever happened to a simple "congratulations" on your new mod? Maybe it's a "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome. You know, a male thing. :-(

Congratulations on the Whipple Mjchip. Best of luck with it. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers and track results. I have a feeling this new supercharger is going to raise more than a few eyebrows. :)

D-Cobra

Established Member
congrats. how many psi is Mjchip running on the whipple? BTW, is the kit available for sale yet? or is it still on the R&D stage?

Dominick32

BANNED
The KB and Whipple might have the same numbers on the dyno, yes, but the real measurement of these blowers is definitely gonna be track time. I have yet to see a consistent kenne bell or ati procharger at the strip with high 10's. The true test is 10's gentleman, and I cant wait to see what the future holds for our terminators. Thats why this new whipple is just intrigueing to me. I am not saying I am going to go out and buy one, I just think its great that because we own such an awesome cobra a lot of companies are pushing hard to get aftermarket parts to us. Cheers to the aftermarket. Congratulations to MJ on his whipple and lets wish him good luck!!
:beer:

Dom

EngCon

Established Member
There are plenty of KB'd cars that are running anywhere from 10.9 to 10.5 consistently on boost only. With various combinations of auto, straight axle, 6-speed, or irs. I am sure that there are quite a few in the country that are in the low 10's with spray. I am sure that the Whipple will do the same thing.

Good luck Mark with the new setup brother!!

Jay

Originally posted by Dominick32
I have yet to see a consistent kenne bell or ati procharger at the strip with high 10's. The true test is 10's gentleman, and I cant wait to see what the future holds for our terminators.
Dom

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I really wanna hear how it turns out as im interested in either a KB or Whipple.

So good luck with it and get us some numbers :)

KosherCobra

Established Member
I see you are not using the belt tensioner that comes with the Whipple. I know that that belt tensioner pulley was small, but the way the cam-bolt works is a real sweet system.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I made that vid yesterday. The Whipple is definately louder than the KB at idle, but I suspect the KB is louder at WOT.

It's definately a sweet setup!

Okay, the mystery of the loud Whipple blower at idle has been solved.

I made a boo-boo and hooked up the bypass valve backwards so the blower was never bypassed. It became obvious when I went through a half tank of gas in no time flat (and when I was trying to figure out why my calculated load at idle was significantly higher than with the Eaton).

Now that I have it hooked up properly, it is a little quieter at idle.

MJ

snakepliskin

Established Member
Best of luck with your new whipple. by the way did Koshercobra ever get his engine fixed? I heard it blew 2 cylnders or pistons or something.....I hope he gets it fixed asap. Ive seen it for the last week or so at REM parked outside and I never found out the details...

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Originally posted by D-Cobra
congrats. how many psi is Mjchip running on the whipple? BTW, is the kit available for sale yet? or is it still on the R&D stage?

I called REM last week. REM was good at setting realistic expectation.s They were told a month ago it would be a month. They told me last week it is still 30 days out before the production run is ready. There were 1 or 2 out, MJChip has 1 of them. The next 7 are supposed to come in over the next 2-4 weeks. They are already spoken for and are to be the units that get the sign-off that the case and machining is good to go. Then the first "production" 100 are cast and shipped over the next 30 days. So its about 60 days out for that 1st 100 and that is tentative.

Jerry

Silver 03 Cobra

Originally posted by CobraBob
I always find it interesting how every time someone posts that they have installed something that might be seen as bigger and better, and instead of offering positive comments you instead criticize and question. Whatever happened to a simple "congratulations" on your new mod? Maybe it's a "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome. You know, a male thing. :-(

Congratulations on the Whipple Mjchip. Best of luck with it. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers and track results. I have a feeling this new supercharger is going to raise more than a few eyebrows. :)

The problem is a lot of people are getting mods for free to serve as a test mule or price breaks and they don't always tell the truth or stretch it a little and we are caught up in it. I can't tell you how much crap has been posted from Bassani declaring a 99/01 exhaust won't fit an 03 to holding a consistent and steady boost amount with a non-slip pulley. These companies are competing like hell in my opinion for a small segment. I wonder if they are targeting the SOHC 4.6 as hard. Kenne Bell has left 99/01 Cobra owners high and dry on his blower.

Right now, I'd probably go Whipple. But, I know a guy that has a KB that dynos over 600 rwhp SAE and I saw him run a 10.69 at Rockingham near 130 with the stock clutch that was slipping and IRS pulling high 1.60 sixty footers. With a solid axle and some 1.4 sixty footers, good clutch that car could tickle nines.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
The problem is a lot of people are getting mods for free to serve as a test mule or price breaks and they don't always tell the truth or stretch it a little and we are caught up in it.

Just for the record: I paid FULL RETAIL for a used blower so I owe nothing to no one. Therefore, you will get honest results (good or bad) from my experiences. I should have dyno numbers this week and track times soon thereafter (Friday night if we don't get rained out).

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread