Whipple Supercharger Installed....

Red99SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Just for the record: I paid FULL RETAIL for a used blower so I owe nothing to no one. Therefore, you will get honest results (good or bad) from my experiences. I should have dyno numbers this week and track times soon thereafter (Friday night if we don't get rained out).

MJ

LOL...Great point. Cant wait to see your results on and off the bottle.

dougwg

Established Member
Mark

TB engraved.... will ship tomorrow!

Whipple01.JPG

Last edited:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
I can't tell you how much crap has been posted from Bassani declaring a 99/01 exhaust won't fit an 03 to holding a consistent and steady boost amount with a non-slip pulley.

Hmm... This is the first I've heard that, but I know for a fact that a Bassani catback for a '99 Cobra will fit. I pulled the Bassani catback off of my '99 before I traded it in and put it on my '03 about a year later. It bolted up fine and actually was still perfectly lined up in the cutouts. I didn't have to adjust anything. It looked, sounded, and performed great. Car made 404 rwhp SAE on a Dynojet with nothing more than the catback and it always held good consistent boost. If Bassani really is putting that crap out, that just makes me feel 10 times more secure about ordering my Stinger catback yesterday.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Originally posted by bluevilevo8
Now there's a nice, unbiased source of information.

Your joking right? Thats from KB web site.:lol: Not saying either one is better at this point, just stating the fact of where it came from. Good read toofast4u!

On a side note, ya got to love the note *Data was furnished by Autorotor...). Needless to say there will be bench flow tests in the magazine for sure.

Silver 03 Cobra

Originally posted by svt46sc
Hmm... This is the first I've heard that, but I know for a fact that a Bassani catback for a '99 Cobra will fit. I pulled the Bassani catback off of my '99 before I traded it in and put it on my '03 about a year later. It bolted up fine and actually was still perfectly lined up in the cutouts. I didn't have to adjust anything. It looked, sounded, and performed great. Car made 404 rwhp SAE on a Dynojet with nothing more than the catback and it always held good consistent boost. If Bassani really is putting that crap out, that just makes me feel 10 times more secure about ordering my Stinger catback yesterday.

MJ, I wasn't pointing you out. I don't think as much crap has been put out about other brands of blowers as have been put out on bolt-ons. I just remembered the Superchip "recall" back in mid-2002 that was supposedly spread on this site by a competing company. Turned out to be BS.

I got one of the first 03's delivered back in June, 2002. It was scheduled to be delivered on May 6 but was pushed back one month. I put a deposit on it in Feb. of 02. I started calling Bassani and asking them if they knew if their 99/01 exhaust would fit. They told me they didn't know. I kept calling right up to April with the same answer. I finally said screw it and took a chance and ordered an x-pipe and catback. I believed it would fit. It arrived before the original delivery date on the car. It ended up sitting on the floor for over a month till the car arrived on June 8. It was rumored the stock exhaust was restritive on the 03. The first thing I noticed when I first saw my car were the baffles in the tailpipes. I drove it straight home from the dealer and slapped the exhaust on the car. I later found out that Bassani had an 03 on their floor the whole time while I was trying to get info out of them. They knew the 99/01 exhaust would fit. The reason they didn't want anybody to know was that it would cut down on the number of 03 specific units they would be able to sell if everyone ran out and bought 99/01 exhausts. The rumor was that Ford was going to build 12-14k 03's. I know a company has an investment in design and tooling, but it's what they did after that that pissed me off. I was one of the first to really start modding. This board was really popular. People asked me about the exhaust and I told them it fit fine. Some called Bassani and they told them it would not fit and it made me look stupid. They said the hanger locations were different and that is complete bull shit. I used to promote Bassani. I have bought three full sets from them. No more. They hosed me on a warranty issue over a bad weld. I'll never by Bassani again.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Silver03Snake,

I hear what you're saying and I don't disagree. There is A LOT of crap in this industry but there are a few good eggs in the basket also.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread