Whipple Supercharger Installed....

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I wouldn't expect its performance numbers to vary significantly from the KB with similar configuration and tune.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
11sec - those weren't his numbers on his mustang dyno. I think those were the 'converted' numbers, but you can never accurately convert numbers from a mustang dyno to a dynojet. Plus, there are a lot of variables on the mustang dyno that could have made his numbers higher or lower then normal.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
yeah, but similar KB numbers were down 100rwtq with the same boost. i dont think many conditions could skew the numbers that much

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Bla Bla Bla
You want to compare the two blowers?
Put two cars with the same mods 1 with KB, 1 with the Whipple on the same dyno on the same day with the same amount of cool down period. Until that happens its all BS as far as Im concerned.

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
That Mustang Dyno reads high torque, with just ehxaust i made 480rwtq on that Dyno, doesnt seem normal to me.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
11sec - thats true, but I was talking with a couple people about it and they said that higher torque numbers are a characteristic of a mustand dyno :shrug: they said on a dynojet the torque numbers will be just like the KB.

But that could be BS, I really have no idea :shrug:

EDIT : oops, LTHL posted just before me, but he has seen the same thing so who knows :??:

Last edited:

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by black03
Bla Bla Bla
You want to compare the two blowers?
Put two cars with the same mods 1 with KB, 1 with the Whipple on the same dyno on the same day with the same amount of cool down period. Until that happens its all BS as far as Im concerned.
Have and waiting to install:
KB w/17lb pulley
55lbs Injectors
HBH Oil Spray Mod
Centerforce DF Clutch
Liberty 26 Spline Input Shaft
MM Full Length Sub FRM Connectors

well. we all know the reason you feel that way.. hehe
lets just wait and see.:fm:

P.S. I have nothing wrong with the Kenne Bell. Its a proven blower thats been doing its job for years.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Having a KB on my bedroom floor does not make my opinion biased .I could own any blower on the maket along with whatever turbo kits are available. I making a statement that several people compare power #'s from different Dyno's in different states, and doing so is not an efficient way of comparing two types of blowers. There are too many variables!
Like I said"Put two cars with the same mods 1 with KB, 1 with the Whipple on the same dyno on the same day with the same amount of cool down period"
That most likely be the best way to do the comparison.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by LTHL PSI
That Mustang Dyno reads high torque, with just ehxaust i made 480rwtq on that Dyno, doesnt seem normal to me.

FYI when LTHL PSI is saying he made 480 rwtq on that dyno he really means that specific one at Razors Edge. He is not talking about Mustang Dyno's in general.

IMO the tune has more to do with the final HP then if it is a Whipple or KB.

Users who are viewing this thread