Whipple cobra vs Cam/spray ls1 who wins??

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
If you guys are doing a meet or something when you meet up to race, then I will try and show up. I'm pretty local and I also go to IVC. Sounds like it will be a pretty close race.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
What size cam? Stock gear? I think it will be a drivers race with you jumping out and him possibly gaining up-top depending on how his car runs; but if you have a gear he might not be able to catch you at all.

Last edited:

local-devil

Equalizing everyone
Established Member
Don't know what the torque curve of a whipple Cobra looks like, but it better be good if it wants to hang with sprayed/cammed LS1.

03cobra545

Established Member
I am very curious to know what happens, my brother's doing a head/cam kit and having his heads ported by lingenfelter on his 02 z28. Hes also ordering a wet kit, probably a 150 shot. I would like to know how I'll stand against him with my whipple on 21+ lbs. He might do 4:10 gears but hopefully not.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Don't know what the torque curve of a whipple Cobra looks like, but it better be good if it wants to hang with sprayed/cammed LS1.

It's good, but not as good as a nitrous LS1, peak HP advantage will still help up-top though.

local-devil

Equalizing everyone
Established Member
I am very curious to know what happens, my brother's doing a head/cam kit and having his heads ported by lingenfelter. Hes also ordering a wet kit, probably a 150 shot. I would like to know how I'll stand against him with my whipple on 21+ lbs. He might do 4:10 gears but hopefully not

Depends on the heads/cam package, as well as the tune.

Most LS1's with mild cams (230's) make about 400whp. Add heads and most make about 460whp+.
Now, a bigger cam which is really popular with the LS1 crowd is TSP's MS4. People have gotten 420rwp with this cam, now add good flowing heads and you'll be close to 500whp with all the supporting bolt ons of course.

Add spray and the rest I'll leav to you imagination...

03cobra545

Established Member
Depends on the heads/cam package, as well as the tune.

Most LS1's with mild cams (230's) make about 400whp. Add heads and most make about 460whp+.
Now, a bigger cam which is really popular with the LS1 crowd is TSP's MS4. People have gotten 420rwp with this cam, now add good flowing heads and you'll be close to 500whp with all the supporting bolt ons of course.

Add spray and the rest I'll leav to you imagination...

He's doing a 232/236? cam with patriot stage 2 heads fully ported with a ported fast 90/90. That combined with a 150 shot I am kinda worried. Lol. We got a little competition going to see whose car will be faster. Vids will be up in a couple weeks

BayareaSS

Established Member
No race yet guys. It will be a few more weeks at least. My clutch was delayed but i'm breaking it in right now.
His car should be ready to go in about 2 weeks and hopefully i have my fuel pump in by then.

Beetle6986

Established Member
No race yet guys. It will be a few more weeks at least. My clutch was delayed but i'm breaking it in right now.
His car should be ready to go in about 2 weeks and hopefully i have my fuel pump in by then.

I would guess 1.5 to 2 cars in the lead for the Cobra (assuming he ends up having more then a 50 WHP advantage). Thats still a pretty close race.

local-devil

Equalizing everyone
Established Member
He's doing a 232/236? cam with patriot stage 2 heads fully ported with a ported fast 90/90. That combined with a 150 shot I am kinda worried. Lol. We got a little competition going to see whose car will be faster. Vids will be up in a couple weeks

Should be a great run :rolling:

What numbers are you putting down?

03cobra545

Established Member
Should be a great run :rolling:

What numbers are you putting down?

Well, I just got the whipple last week and will be installing within the next week or two. Its a whipple 3.4 with all the supporting mods and with LT's and 21+ lbs I hope to be around 650 on torco. Both of us are doing new setups, should be fun. Hoping for a pretty big jump in power considering its a stock pulley/tune cobra

Users who are viewing this thread