Whipple cobra vs Cam/spray ls1 who wins??

ponyboyx04

Established Member
Yea from a dig i might be able to pull out in front. I think it will be really hard for him to pull back 2 cars and then some if i'm already out in front.

And remember, All i have to do is up the shot. A 3 way with your car would be a good run

im in.... but if you wait to long i will be well over 20lbs so let me know when

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hmm sounds like a driver race, and i cant believe that dude made such a big deal about calling nitrous, "the sauce."

pharmd2010

Established Member
I might have missed it, but BayAreaSS, do you have an A4 or M6? This could possibly determine the winner for me, and also depending on whether you go from a dig or a roll. I think the outcome could be different depending on these factors. Definitely get it on video!!!

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
My car is full bolt ons and a cam. It made a best of 393/378 and this is with an injured clutch which will be replaced by the time we run.

I am hoping my cam responds good to the spray since it was custom speced with nitrous in mind. It responded very well with the stock cam so i think it will do even better with the new cam.

I was thinking about the weight difference and it will be more than 150lbs. His car is gaining weight soon and mine is losing weight. It will be right around 200lb difference. From a roll i think we are equal drivers. We shift at about the same speed. From a dig i can't tell what will happen. I will launch off the bottle and then spray in 2nd gear

On the spray my car picked up 101hp and 215tq on a 100 shot. This was with bolt ons

hit it with the 150 jets, and hold on tight:rockon:

musclefan21

Established Member
I say he got the edge but close race. u may be 150lbs lighter but he got 50 more hp and his car will pull harder up top then your car.

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
We actually had this same talk before i got my cam when i was just bolt ons and 100 shot. I made 431/555 and he has 506/481. We thought it would be a good race but he would win by 1-2 cars.

Yea i plan on just looking straight. Its going to be tough to hook up so we'll see.

Really only 1-2 cars? Now you will have 40-60rwhp more so I would only guess a drivers race and a real close on at that. :beer:

BayareaSS

Established Member
should be a good race, but the cobra will get 'em. im guessing 2-3 cars. definatly get it on video
Damn 2-3 cars insn't really close. But thanks for you opinion :beer:
im in.... but if you wait to long i will be well over 20lbs so let me know when
Ok we'll see if we can set it up. If i can't run you after u up the boost maybe pworld will because he is going over 20psi as well. But i wont speak for him
you better call me or chris when this goes down i wana see it but, my vote goes for you nos is insane on ls1s
Yea you guys will know about it

I might have missed it, but BayAreaSS, do you have an A4 or M6? This could possibly determine the winner for me, and also depending on whether you go from a dig or a roll. I think the outcome could be different depending on these factors. Definitely get it on video!!!
My car is an M6. Will be on video for sure
hit it with the 150 jets, and hold on tight:rockon:
Thats always an option :rockon:
I say he got the edge but close race. u may be 150lbs lighter but he got 50 more hp and his car will pull harder up top then your car.
Yea it will be close for sure. I did some thinking about the weight and he will be about 200lbs heavier than me.
Really only 1-2 cars? Now you will have 40-60rwhp more so I would only guess a drivers race and a real close on at that. :beer:
Yea the only reason why we thought it would only be 1-2 cars is because my car made insane torque with the spray. So i think the torque advantage would of helped me stay somewhat close. Yea thats they way i see it too :beer:

'95yellowGT

Established Member
Follow? I want to see YOU race that SS. You have some SICK #'s:rockon:

wouldnt be close....ss would need to up the shot a good bit to hang with that mach 1

bayarea u have a badass SS, i love the sound of cammed ls1's:rockon:

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
Man you guys are way up north for me otherwise I would be there to see the race. Between you two, no one cann't really afford to make any mistake here. Who ever make a mistake will lose.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Man you guys are way up north for me otherwise I would be there to see the race. Between you two, no one cann't really afford to make any mistake here. Who ever make a mistake will lose.

Thats what i think too. It will come down to traction and the driver. It will only take you about an hour to get here

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Thats what i think too. It will come down to traction and the driver. It will only take you about an hour to get here

i hope both of you guys have dr's by then otherwise neither of you guys will catch traction. this is going to be a good race. alot of mixed opinion's on this thread. i think with the hp advantage up top the cobra will pull real hard. its hard to predict though.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Thanks a lot man, it really does sound pissed off :beer:[/QUOTE]

the ss sounds pissed indeed. that is def. one of the best sounding cammed ls1's ive heard.

Jroc

Established Member
IDK. Thats hard to predict. I do predict it to be a good race though.

Screw blown Terminators and cammed/sprayed LS powered Fbodies both = fun, fast American muscle. I would love to see this on video. :banana:

BayareaSS

Established Member
i hope both of you guys have dr's by then otherwise neither of you guys will catch traction. this is going to be a good race. alot of mixed opinion's on this thread. i think with the hp advantage up top the cobra will pull real hard. its hard to predict though.

Thanks a lot man, it really does sound pissed off :beer:

the ss sounds pissed indeed. that is def. one of the best sounding cammed ls1's ive heard.[/QUOTE]

I know i'll have my dr's on because they are just sitting in the garage waiting to be put on.

And thanks for the compliment on the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread