Whipple cobra vs Cam/spray ls1 who wins??

BayareaSS

Established Member
So tonight me and a couple friends were talking about a future race and we can't agree on who will win this race.
My friend (Pworldstang)will be installing a 2.3h whipple but he is going to run me with his low boost tune. His car we probably be around 550hp.

My car will be around 500 hp 575tq. My car will be about 150lbs lighter.

I think it will be a close race. (driver's race)

He thinks he will pull me no problem.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol well wait until we have our meet so I can watch :) I think it will be a good race but I think you will pull him a bit (the initial hit of nitrous will help)

BayareaSS

Established Member
Lol well wait until we have our meet so I can watch :) I think it will be a good race but I think you will pull him a bit (the initial hit of nitrous will help)

Yea thats how i feel about it as well. He has more power but i have more torque and less weight.

This spring/summer should be fun i hope we hook up with you guys again

So tonight me and a couple friends were talking about a future race and we can't agree on who will win this race.
My friend (Pworldstang)will be installing a 2.3h whipple but he is going to run me with his low boost tune. His car we probably be around 550hp.

My car will be around 500 hp 575tq. My car will be about 150lbs lighter.

I think it will be a close race. (driver's race)

He thinks he will pull me no problem.

So what do you guys think?

My vote is for a close race between (his low-boost whipple cobra) & (your cam/nitrous f-body)

BayareaSS

Established Member
Nitrous, you should pull him.
Nitrous does hit hard :rockon:
My vote is for a close race between (his low-boost whipple cobra) & (your cam/nitrous f-body)
Great minds think a like
this is going to be a great run...vid or ban....

This run should be on vid. It will most likely be from a roll to take out some of the driver error and there isn't really anywhere around here to run from a dig with that kind of power

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
I think the SS will take it. More torque, lighter car, and the instant torque of the juice. Make sure you record these and then race him a higher boost tune and see how it turns out.

04cobra13

Established Member
i think it would be a drivers race,but get it on vid,...btw way , the power your making is that on the sauce?...

i think it would be a drivers race,but get it on vid,...btw way , the power your making is that on the sauce?...

:lol:

For one he's not running "SAUCE".

And two, didn't you know that cam/bolt-on LS1s make 500rwhp all day long??? Of course the #s are with NITROUS, but no sauce....sorry:(

Are you running any suaces on your car?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
this is going to be a great run...vid or ban....

I think the SS will take it. More torque, lighter car, and the instant torque of the juice. Make sure you record these and then race him a higher boost tune and see how it turns out.

The Whipple won't be going on for 1, maybe 2 more months. I've got a ton of other stuff going on right now.

But once I get it on and tuned, a video shouldn't be a problem. :pop:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
It depends on what low-boost means. 550 is pretty low for a Whipple car unless it's a Mustang dyno. Usually Whipple cars run in the high 500's with a few hitting low 600s (on 17 lbs.). I think he pulls away in the upper rpms, how fast depends on how much he's putting down.

Nevermind, blower isn't even on the car yet. The twin-screw car will throw down at least 570 on a dynojet on 17lbs., it sounds like the Camaro is bolt-ons only w/nitrous. The Camaro stands no chance in this race, the only question is car-lengths or bus-lengths. Camaros don't have the weight or aero advantage that Vettes do.

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
It depends on what low-boost means. 550 is pretty low for a Whipple car unless it's a Mustang dyno. Usually Whipple cars run in the high 500's with a few hitting low 600s (on 17 lbs.). I think he pulls away in the upper rpms, how fast depends on how much he's putting down.

Roll or dig?

I will be full bolt ons, and Whippled at 15PSI (pump gas tune). I too think I will pull in the upper RPM's. That should be good for 550RWHP at the least.

I am not expecting to pull by much. I say 1-2 cars max.

EDIT: This will be from a roll, but we may get a few dig runs in. Who knows.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I will be full bolt ons, and Whippled at 15PSI (pump gas tune). I too think I will pull in the upper RPM's. That should be good for 550RWHP at the least.

I am not expecting to pull by much. I say 1-2 cars max.

EDIT: This will be from a roll, but we may get a few dig runs in. Who knows.

That's right you're on 91, no 17lbs for you! I still think you'll get him, from the sounds of it he's got exhaust and minor bolt-ons. I say 2-3 cars in your favor, he'll pull you at first but you'll reel him in and walk away at the top of 3rd and into 4th. He'll definitely give you the "Oh shit!" feeling at first though.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
That's right you're on 91, no 17lbs for you! I still think you'll get him, from the sounds of it he's got exhaust and minor bolt-ons. I say 2-3 cars in your favor, he'll pull you at first but you'll reel him in and walk away at the top of 3rd and into 4th. He'll definitely give you the "Oh shit!" feeling at first though.

Damn right! NO 17LBS for me, I won't even risk it on pump gas! Lol.

But he is basically full bolt ons and a mild cam.

His exact mods are LT's w/ true duals dumped, LS6 Intake, ported TB, 25% pulley, lid, mild cam (230/232 range), and a 100 shot on top of that. He just put out ~ 390RWHP/370RWTQ cam only. We're hoping for 100+RWHP on the 100 shot to break 500RWHP with his car.

I definitely feel I have the advantage in the upper RPM's. The Whipple will make power all the way to redline no problem, and will have a stupid flat TQ curve.

What I highlighted above in the bold is pretty much exactly how I feel, except I'm not expecting to win by anymore than 2 cars. I feel strongly that he'll get the jump and get my heart beating faster, but I'm confident I'll pull past on the top end.

Regardless, it'll be a fun run. Last night at dinner we discussed this and basically disagreed with each other on the outcome.

I heard cammed and sprayed LS1's taste like chicken, so we'll see! :pop:

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I think it will be a very close race and will depend on driving abilities. Too early to tell though with out final numbers, but LS1's respond well to cam/nitrous. I have seen one up here domininate almost all in hwy rolls. He too (SS) will also have flat powercurves once he hits the NO2 which I am assuming once the race starts. Two lengths??? maybe if someone misses a gear.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well I know you'll be going to Shaun to get it tuned. For reference my car made 556whp at 16 psi, but I believe I had some race gas in it, so you should be close to that.

Users who are viewing this thread