Whipple cobra vs Cam/spray ls1 who wins??

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Too early to tell though with out final numbers

I agree with that. And that's why I HATE bench racing. Numbers don't include or anticipate all of the variables in a race. I'm more of the type to go out there and get 'er done.

But this is an interesting thread. No one thinks a ~50RWHP advantage is enough to overcome 150lb weight difference???

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
We've both had our cars weighed, and I don't remember how much of a difference exactly it was. I do know that with a full tank of gas, my car was surprisingly light. I don't have any mods that were done to intentionally shave weight. I believe a good amount of my car being lighter came from getting rid of the stock manifold with Long Tubes.

Also, good driving is something I pride myself on.

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member
Damn right! NO 17LBS for me, I won't even risk it on pump gas! Lol.

But he is basically full bolt ons and a mild cam.

His exact mods are LT's w/ true duals dumped, LS6 Intake, ported TB, 25% pulley, lid, mild cam (230/232 range), and a 100 shot on top of that. He just put out ~ 390RWHP/370RWTQ cam only. We're hoping for 100+RWHP on the 100 shot to break 500RWHP with his car.

I definitely feel I have the advantage in the upper RPM's. The Whipple will make power all the way to redline no problem, and will have a stupid flat TQ curve.

What I highlighted above in the bold is pretty much exactly how I feel, except I'm not expecting to win by anymore than 2 cars. I feel strongly that he'll get the jump and get my heart beating faster, but I'm confident I'll pull past on the top end.

Regardless, it'll be a fun run. Last night at dinner we discussed this and basically disagreed with each other on the outcome.

I heard cammed and sprayed LS1's taste like chicken, so we'll see! :pop:

If his kit is a TNT or NX then it will deffinitly make 100rwhp maybe more

BayareaSS

Established Member
It depends on what low-boost means. 550 is pretty low for a Whipple car unless it's a Mustang dyno. Usually Whipple cars run in the high 500's with a few hitting low 600s (on 17 lbs.). I think he pulls away in the upper rpms, how fast depends on how much he's putting down.

Nevermind, blower isn't even on the car yet. The twin-screw car will throw down at least 570 on a dynojet on 17lbs., it sounds like the Camaro is bolt-ons only w/nitrous. The Camaro stands no chance in this race, the only question is car-lengths or bus-lengths. Camaros don't have the weight or aero advantage that Vettes do.
My car is full bolt ons and a cam. It made a best of 393/378 and this is with an injured clutch which will be replaced by the time we run.

I think it will be a very close race and will depend on driving abilities. Too early to tell though with out final numbers, but LS1's respond well to cam/nitrous. I have seen one up here domininate almost all in hwy rolls. He too (SS) will also have flat powercurves once he hits the NO2 which I am assuming once the race starts. Two lengths??? maybe if someone misses a gear.
I am hoping my cam responds good to the spray since it was custom speced with nitrous in mind. It responded very well with the stock cam so i think it will do even better with the new cam.

I think 50rwhp is enough for the 150lb but who is a better driver?
I was thinking about the weight difference and it will be more than 150lbs. His car is gaining weight soon and mine is losing weight. It will be right around 200lb difference. From a roll i think we are equal drivers. We shift at about the same speed. From a dig i can't tell what will happen. I will launch off the bottle and then spray in 2nd gear

If his kit is a TNT or NX then it will deffinitly make 100rwhp maybe more

On the spray my car picked up 101hp and 215tq on a 100 shot. This was with bolt ons

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YALL HAVEN'T EVEN RACED YET. I THINK YOU SHOULD RACE BRANDON ON HIS PORTED BLOWER SET UP AND RUN IT AGAIN WHEN HE GETS THE WHIPPLE. I think you guys should've raced LONG TIME AGO!

BayareaSS

Established Member
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YALL HAVEN'T EVEN RACED YET. I THINK YOU SHOULD RACE BRANDON ON HIS PORTED BLOWER SET UP AND RUN IT AGAIN WHEN HE GETS THE WHIPPLE. I think you guys should've raced LONG TIME AGO!

I talk to you almost every week and you've known for ever that my clutch can't take the spray. And now it can't even take my N/A power

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I talk to you almost every week and you've known for ever that my clutch can't take the spray. And now it can't even take my N/A power

Yeah....I just wanna see you guys race. I wanna see you race Sekani and Juan too! Make sure you guys let me know cuz I gotta see this.

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
When I had the ported eaton, my brother in law and I played around with his car (my old 99 H/C/bolt on SS 430+rwhp) and I would really walk right away. Id guess 3-4 cars 80-120mph, so with a 100 shot on top of 400rwhp, it should be a really good race. Just dont pay attention to the other car, floor it and shift.:beer:

ponyboyx04

Established Member
from a dig the camaro will grab 1-2 cars but pworldstang will get it back pluss some... and the great thing is he can allways toss some 100 octane in the tank and up the boost if he needs to. i need to get in on this action. i have a low boost set up right now.

BayareaSS

Established Member
When I had the ported eaton, my brother in law and I played around with his car (my old 99 H/C/bolt on SS 430+rwhp) and I would really walk right away. Id guess 3-4 cars 80-120mph, so with a 100 shot on top of 400rwhp, it should be a really good race. Just dont pay attention to the other car, floor it and shift.:beer:

We actually had this same talk before i got my cam when i was just bolt ons and 100 shot. I made 431/555 and he has 506/481. We thought it would be a good race but he would win by 1-2 cars.

Yea i plan on just looking straight. Its going to be tough to hook up so we'll see.

BayareaSS

Established Member
from a dig the camaro will grab 1-2 cars but pworldstang will get it back pluss some... and the great thing is he can allways toss some 100 octane in the tank and up the boost if he needs to. i need to get in on this action. i have a low boost set up right now.

Yea from a dig i might be able to pull out in front. I think it will be really hard for him to pull back 2 cars and then some if i'm already out in front.

And remember, All i have to do is up the shot. A 3 way with your car would be a good run

Users who are viewing this thread