Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Probably not the clutch then. I am interested if that shield is holding it back though, how much clearance is there around it and the filter element?

Dyno doesn't mean everything. I bet this one will run quite a few mph faster and be able to repeat the power it puts down better over a 2.3L. I too dynoed my car hot and put up 3 pulls within 10hp of each other with only a 5 min cool down between 1 pull. The other one was back to back. This was after a 2.5 hour drive to the dyno so the big blowers don't seem to heat soak as bad at the more moderate boost levels vs a 2.3 sized blower.

Look into the magnafuel pump though, it will save you quite a bit of money over a Weldon and they perform well.

ProTuner In-Line Pump MP-4301 you want the 4301 at min I would opt for the 4303 pump due to the E85. Ask them what they think for a pump on your setup.

not a lot of clearance at all around that side of the filter where JLT cover wraps around. I only put the black cover on to hide the blue Amsoil EA filter....next time will do a dyno pull with it on and off....to see the difference.

thx for pump info, will investigate further!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
tune complete on my car. will try to hit the dynojet at a local chevy shop next week. would rather not dyno on my drag wheel setup but want numbers NOW!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
read thru your datalog TCB.....you got a problem keeping your stubby little foot in it or what? noticed your load wasnt quite at 1.999999 at the top end!

How about you go back and look at that datalog and keep an eye on tp voltage and you'll see it's wide open for the entire pull, dont know why the load dropped off.

blowngt

Established Member
looks like this is the one i would go with:

ProStar EFI Electric Gear Pump MP-4101

the 4101 is rated for alcohol and also comes with the -10an inlet/outlet.

Good choice. That's what I'm running along with an intank pump.

I've got the intake pump running full time and the magnafuel kicking on at 5PSI.

No noise, don't have to worry about burning out the big pump (although this one is built to run full time), and fuel stays nice and cool.

Good luck!!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Good choice. That's what I'm running along with an intank pump.

I've got the intake pump running full time and the magnafuel kicking on at 5PSI.

No noise, don't have to worry about burning out the big pump (although this one is built to run full time), and fuel stays nice and cool.

Good luck!!

Great feedback Diego....thanks man! I am leaning towards going this route....

rlongo

Established Member
Premium Member
Well I honestly would rather you not wait on me. the GSS342s should be fine, as we never really concluded that the pumps were my problem. If you got the stuff I would go with it.

My logic is....I am tired of dealing with intank pumps. I'm ready to move on and have made my decision. Starting with returning my 3 aeromotive 340s to summit today.

I have decided to go with the Glenns performance sumped tanked (not sleeper tank) in their stainless steel version. As for an external pump....going to go with the weldon 2345. All the research online and talking with my friends that have experience with Aeromotive externals have definently steered me clear of going that route. Going to stick with the proven Weldon product, do it once, and do it right.

the Weldon is ideal because of the following:

1. It's a proven, robust performer
2. It can be mounted above the fuel tank (self priming) unlike the aeromotives
3. you cant beat the warranty
4. I will never need another pump, will be more than enough for my application.

Will it be loud , yes, but I will install it in such a manner to isolate it from the chassis and will run it on the Weldon "dial-a-flow" that is available locally from a member on this board.

So, going to take some time to do this however, must sell the following 1st: Anyone interested hit me up!
- My brand new Fore Triple hat with 200 miles on it
- My 80 lb injectors
- My Fore F2 regulator
- My stock Cobra gas tank

Soooo, if you wait on me to prove out this setup, it will be a while. Car is gonna be down for an undetermined amount of time. Call it my summer project. :beer:

Erik, I'm not worried about waiting on you to shake things out and get your opinion as mine is an early 2012 project, so have about a year to research and get feedback. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
BG heat sinks!! Hmmmm....anybody have any experience with these?

http://www.barrygrant.com/fromBarryGrant/BG Instructions/BGHeatSink-178002.pdf

So, I am fairly sold on the Magnafuel 4101. I will NOT be running a pump controller, as I do NOT want to mess around with voltage to this pump. I will still stabilize voltage at 13.5V using my BAP inline. It is a continuous duty pump. However, I do want to mechanically cool the fuel. I will definently be going with a fuel cooler of some sort, either the radiator style that Glenns offers or other versions (will run in the return line).

Found this BG heat sink last night in my researching.....however the EFI diagram 3 shows running the cooler after the flow thru pump.....i really dont think i want to do this in the feed line....primary focus for me will be cooling the fuel after it leaves the hot rails and heads back to the tank via the return line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread