WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

• TRANS AM / OTHER GM (LOL)

Votes: 58 7.4%
  • CORVETTE Z06

Votes: 103 13.1%
  • PORSCHE 911 TURBO

Votes: 125 15.9%
  • EARLY MODEL VIPER

Votes: 16 2.0%
  • LATE MODEL VIPER

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • SUBARU WRX STI

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • MITSUBISHI EVO

Votes: 29 3.7%
  • OLD RUMBLING MUSCLE CAR

Votes: 116 14.8%
  • ANOTHER 03/04 COBRA :)

Votes: 194 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasil

Established Member
Originally posted by 04svtsnake
thank you ,trust me jasil i have been around rx-7s for a long time!

O.K I'll buy that, but if your bud beat a Porsche that ran 10.62 with a "blown rotor" that should be put in the guiness book of world records.

Go post that on a RX7 forum and see how many "Bullchit" flags you get, but hey stranger things have happened.

Since you know so much and have so many friends with Rx7's post some timeslips of street driven rotaries that run 10's or low 11's@130++ for me. Preferably FD's!!

04svtsnake

bs stops when green drops
Established Member
just for u and your minivan jasil sporty's fd from pr that comes to the moroso events street legal car every day driven 2 rotor went 9.90 at 130 or more . so when u get a real fast car then come talk to me (SPORTY RACING ask someone!) www.japtrix.com if you want to here from people
and see some bad ass chit. the car on the front of the site is getting a back half will go in the 8.'s soon. and to you and anyone i have an fd that goes 10.s if you ever come to moroso in florida you'll see it own by tom h. from japtrix, in the mean while get something fast to run against my 04 cobra if you come to florida.

89BIRD

Established Member
Originally posted by REDFIRE1
Howdy there. As for my Bullsh*t statement of 162 top speed... Give Motor trend a call and let them know they are full of it.

Motor Trend, June 1989-Volume 41 Number 6-pp. 42-47, 50, 54
Flat-out Fastest American Cars II-the Sequel
TTA does 162 mph at Arizona Test Center.

There is also mor einfo on the TTA on this website http://www.89tta.com/ttapublist.htm

In additon the things that are different than a GN (I think others were asking earlier or stating that the cars--the GN and the TTA had the same powertrain) like;

Different heads were necessary in order to squeeze the motor between the strut towers. These heads, adapted from the transverse FWD version of the 3.8 liter motor, have the added benefit of improved exhaust flow and combustion chamber design. Subsequently, different pistons were required in order to maintain combustion chamber volume. Other changes to the TTA motor are a cross-drilled crank, larger 12 fin/inch GNX-style intercooler in place of the GN's 10 fin/inch design, specially-designed stainless-steel headers, higher-pressure Bosch 237 fuel pressure regulator, and a recalibrated engine control module.

Chris

Steel headers, yes. Stainless no. (I wish):)

I Kill Mustangs

TTA LC2's are not bad stock.. the modded ones are VERY fast.. easy 11's (I have personal knowledge)

GN's can be scary but noone around here seems to be able to get them to run right.

I was just telling a friend that I don't fear Supras because I don't race them.. most Supra owners are so egotistical that they will not run you unless they are SURE they will beat you so I don't bother.

Around here the fastest cars are the turbo converted Foxbodies. They are nothing to be toyed with.

As far as the juiced LS1's go, even modded Cobras should be wary. I spank Cobras withought much problem even though I listed them as my "feared" competition.

KB Cobras are crazy fast but there is only one around here that I have fear of. (You know who you are) I haven't raced him yet. But I have close personal knowledge of his car.

I have a ton of respect for the 03/04 Cobra which is why I registered to this site. They are FAST cars. I'm just glad they are domestics :)

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
SRT vipers, never know when you'll see one with over 1000 hp on a nap time tune job.

I guess my ultimate fear would be a street legal skyline running 8's. Hard time beating that AWD monster.

Z O SICK

Established Member
I would have to say modded LS1's i.e. H/C, blown, or sprayed. Having owned a pretty quick H/C LS1 i know how fast they can be.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I would like to change my vote to a 03/04 cobra. Lost 2 out of 3 against a mystichrome with 6# lower etc. What I noticed was compared to some other cars even if I maybe didn't do real good out of the hole I could catch up and pass by top of first, not against this car it was like racing myself, except he drove better this day. It was quite surprising whoever got the jump got the win.

CamaroSS

Established Member
Any local F-body other than my friend who is mostly stock, and non 12 secsond cars. (ALmsot every LS1 F-body in tampa is in the 12 or way the -->F<-- Out :p )

03/04 cobras that aren't stock (stock ones are fun to race, very close....not for long. :D )

a few local vettes

no imports race here, except for the jack ass kids that took out daddys car, and can't shift. :rolleyes:

anything that is faster than me I shake in my little space boots. :haha: ;)

Last edited:

Mr Rx-7 tt

Established Member
Originally posted by jasil
O.K I'll buy that, but if your bud beat a Porsche that ran 10.62 with a "blown rotor" that should be put in the guiness book of world records.

Go post that on a RX7 forum and see how many "Bullchit" flags you get, but hey stranger things have happened.

You can bust an apex seal (blow rotor) and still make decent power under boost. (Until it grenades). It will pull hard enough under boost that you can't tell you have a bad motor until the car drops to idle.

Mr Rx-7 tt

Established Member
Originally posted by jasil
Since you know so much and have so many friends with Rx7's post some timeslips of street driven rotaries that run 10's or low 11's@130++ for me. Preferably FD's!!
http://rx7s.com/

Tonys 1993 Rx7 10.1@139 mph

PERFORMANCE MODS
Greddy T78
Haltech E6K
4 1600CC Injectors
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
Clutchnet Clutch and Pressure Plate
Custom Downpipe
Midpipe
Greddy SP Cat Back
EXTERIOR MODS

Romeo's 1985 GSL-SE 10.1@130 mph

Romeo started the season the 2001 season running low 11s and high 10s. With consistent tuning and a lot of hard work, T and R have gotten this Rx7 to the low 10s, 10.1 to be exact.. Romeo is trying his best to get the car to run 9s this year. Keep in mind, every event of 2001 / 2002 this rx7 drove to the track and back home. 2003 expectations. Drive to and from the track running 9s !!!
PERFORMANCE MODS

Red Rhino

Established Member
I wouldn't say fear, but sure would not be too confortable racing a newer (03-04 cobras) only because they most likely be moded.I dont know about you guys, but I sure would hate to have my a$$ handed to me by another car costing less.

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Has anyone here seen any wicked Nissan 350Z's? Just curious...

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Originally posted by Raven
I played with one on the turnpike the other night, but he was stock (or close to it). I'd like to run into one of the FI 350Z's, that would be fun. :-D

M0n0X1d3

Established Member
I give it a second thought if i hear the sounds of a big turbo. Not that i'd back down. Racing is fun wether you win or get p0wn3d.

Also, The 5.0 s with the cow hoods are also kinda intimidating, because ya never know.

prdtr15

Established Member
Originally posted by Raven

Yup, there are a few in frederick MD, all owned by the same guy and they are nastly little cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread