WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

• TRANS AM / OTHER GM (LOL)

Votes: 58 7.4%
  • CORVETTE Z06

Votes: 103 13.1%
  • PORSCHE 911 TURBO

Votes: 125 15.9%
  • EARLY MODEL VIPER

Votes: 16 2.0%
  • LATE MODEL VIPER

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • SUBARU WRX STI

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • MITSUBISHI EVO

Votes: 29 3.7%
  • OLD RUMBLING MUSCLE CAR

Votes: 116 14.8%
  • ANOTHER 03/04 COBRA :)

Votes: 194 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe5.0

Established Member
i fear s-351 saleens or "E" saleens or cobras that are heavily modified like 700rwhp +.

Grandmarq86

Established Member
right now im scared of alot of car. im a little on the heavy side, but my land yacht shoub be getting some more power soon. but on thing ill never be scared of is pos ricecars

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
modded STIs could be a problem, but i pulled one(assuming it was stock) from a roll, AND from a dig in my girls WS6. Only mods are a lid, and Loudmouth.

DaTruth

Established Member
I can tell you one thing.. It is very hard to beat a H/C LS1 on the spray. NOt everyone can do it right. I saw that video of that so called LS1 with a 100 shot. Looked more like a 50 shot.

Dont get me wrong. 03/04 Cobras have so much potential, but unless you are spraying as well. You will have a tough time beating a H/C LS1/LS6 on the juice.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Fear this. Anything with a turbo, and automatic and a tire can be dangerous on the street.
attachment.php

S.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I thought I was incible untill I raced a S/C ZO6. I lost. Now I fear him. Good thing he's a buddy and the whole world knows his Cheb is faster.

04svtsnake

bs stops when green drops
Established Member
i fear an rx-7 2nd or 3rd generation with a 3 rotor motor turbo
not even the porsche gt2 can beat a car like that, how do i know, my friend has a black 3rd gen 3rotor with a t66 turbo and he walk me about 7 cars from a 60mph role on the florida turnpike. (car has about 700+ hp at the rear wheels and it only weights 2900 lbs, power to weight, street legal everyday driven rx-7)
:bash: :mj:

Last edited:

Mr Rx-7 tt

Established Member
Originally posted by 04svtsnake
i fear an rx-7 2nd or 3rd generation with a 3 rotor motor turbo
not even the porsche gt2 can beat a car like that, how do i know, my friend has a black 3rd gen 3rotor with a t66 turbo and he walk me about 7 cars from a 60mph role on the florida turnpike. (car has about 700+ hp at the rear wheels and it only weights 2900 lbs, power to weight, street legal everyday driven rx-7)
:bash: :mj:
350 rwhp in an RX-7 will pull a GT2.

Mr Rx-7 tt

Established Member
Originally posted by !!!PainTrain!!!
Not too many things that im afraid of around here in willie, md. but my friends dad has a 69 camaro(dragster, tubbed, ect.)It has a 502 with a huge blower sticking out the top. my 428cj is fast but not that fast:(
Nice 428cj:coolman:

04svtsnake

Established Member
here is a story for you guys feb. import event my buddy with the 3 rotor 3rd gen rx-7 goin home on i-95 to opalacka runs up on a every day driven porsche that went 10.62 at the same event that day, with i blown rotor in his motor streched the porsche about 4 cars in fifth gear with out down shifting, now tell me thats not fast!!! and they have it on video, im going to try to get the video from him to post it so u guys can see! happy hunting!!

Ruddenasty68

Established Member
Re: nitrous ls1/ls6

Originally posted by 03cobrarocks
ok why does everyone fear these cars so much? I have seen a video of a 03 pullied cobra beat a ss with a 100 shot of nos. besides the freakin ls1 doesnt even have forged internals does it? that means it will be having trouble a lot sooner than the cobra would even if the cobra had a 100 shot to.
Forged internals does not garuantee you longevity. But, a good tune will. Besides, a mild bolton a4 LS1 with a 150 shot is a 11.0-11.2 car on drag radials. So, it will take more than just a pulley swap to hang.

jasil

Established Member
Originally posted by 04svtsnake
here is a story for you guys feb. import event my buddy with the 3 rotor 3rd gen rx-7 goin home on i-95 to opalacka runs up on a every day driven porsche that went 10.62 at the same event that day, with i blown rotor in his motor streched the porsche about 4 cars in fifth gear with out down shifting, now tell me thats not fast!!! and they have it on video, im going to try to get the video from him to post it so u guys can see! happy hunting!!

Yeah:??: I can tell you really know what your talking about. Why don't you spew some more of your vast rotary knowledge? Did you mean a blown apex seal? A dented face on the rotor?

:loser:

04svtsnake

Established Member
hey jasil by the way thats the way rotary heads talk , if you want to get technical apex seals, corner seal, esentric shaft (how ever you spell it), side springs the 2nd gen comes with 4.10 (turbo) www.japtrix.com mine and my fiend joey and rogers car 9.50 @ 151. anything else . now who knows what they are talking about.and by the way do u live in wpb,fl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread