Where to buy kit from?

blowngt

Established Member
Hey...not trying to defend HP but I waited over 2 months for my precision turbo(I'm assuming that is what comes with the kit)....they kept telling me 2 weeks. Their is one guy on here that waited 3 months. I wasted 3/4 of the summer with my car down becuase I didn't have my 76GTS. It happend to a ton of people....they said they were out of wheels:shrug:

I waited over 3 months and got nothing but lies. I can live with someone telling me that there aren't any because of xxxxx. At least at that point I've got options. What I can't accept as a consumer is being lied to over a period of 3 months.

Funny how Lethal was able to find me one in less than 2 weeks. Thanks Matt!!! :beer:

All companies have issues, it's how you take care of those issues is what matters the most.......

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I waited over 3 months and got nothing but lies. I can live with someone telling me that there aren't any because of xxxxx. At least at that point I've got options. What I can't accept as a consumer is being lied to over a period of 3 months.

Funny how Lethal was able to find me one in less than 2 weeks. Thanks Matt!!! :beer:

All companies have issues, it's how you take care of those issues is what matters the most.......

A kit or Turbos? Just saying it seems precision was feeding dealers the same crap (why i probably will never buy another precision). I ordered from a vender and another forum member on here ordered directly from precision and we both go the same story. I even called precision myself and got the same story....the story gets worse but thats for another thread. Lethal is a great vendor and Jason(Trbo VNM) is the man for hellion kits. I hope you still got a turbo kit blown......I love mine!

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
+1,000,000

But you alredy know this Diego. HP did the same :bs: with Serg's kit. Took 6 Months!!!! :kaboom:

I think I would have called them and asked if Aliens abducted my kit!!!! Damn Roswell A$$holes! :kaboom:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
+1,000,000

But you alredy know this Diego. HP did the same :bs: with Serg's kit. Took 6 Months!!!! :kaboom:

I think I would have called them and asked if Aliens abducted my kit!!!! Damn Roswell A$! :kaboom:

6 months for a kit??????:nonono:

Wow....I'd be pissed! Thats a hell of a lot of $$$ to shell out and not see anything back in parts. That money could have been making him money in those 6 months.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
6 months for a kit??????:nonono:

Wow....I'd be pissed! Thats a hell of a lot of $$$ to shell out and not see anything back in parts. That money could have been making him money in those 6 months.
What's even worse is when he got it after 6 months, it was WRONG!!!!

He ordered it for a Fox Body but with a 76mm. He got the 76 but all the tubing were for the 60mm.

Then he waited another 2 months and only got the one header and just said forget it and had a local guy build the rest of the kit. :bs:

I wouldn't recommend even my worst enemy to them.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
yeah it's really too bad HP don't get their friggin shit together. They do sell a good product (I love my kit) but the customer support is just so terrible. It'd be nice to make a visit to their shop and see wtf actually goes on there!

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
A guy local to me ordered and HP kit in November. He is still waiting for it now. They have sent parts that have been wrong, sent it bit by bit, damaged, etc. That guy Nathan won't do anything for him and he is car will be down for a year minimum before its all straightened out. Thats why I went with Hellion. Had it all in 2 weeks.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Honestly if I was to choose a twin kit it would probably be a hellion. My single kit fits so nice + all SS piping. Best part is they stock them.

Last edited:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Its funny how Hp wont even get on here to try and explain themselves. Just go with Hellion twin or single kit. Thats what im gonna do when the time is right..

dilireus

Established Member
I have an HP kit. I ordered it in February and didn't get all of the parts until last month. I feel sorry for Paul, their shipping guy. He must get no end of hell from pissed off customers. You can tell when he's trying to cover his ass because he tries to use big words and awkward grammatical constructs. The guy does try, but it sounds like he's not trusted to think or act on his own.

It is a shame that they can't get their act together because they do have a nice product. It's like I said in another forum, if they adopted some kind of quality standard like ISO 9001, they'd be awesome. But I suppose you could say that about any business.

Having said that, if I could have a Mulligan, I'd buy a Hellion kit.

blowngt

Established Member
Honestly if I was to choose a twin kit it would probably be a hellion. My single kit fits so nice + all SS piping. Best part is they stock them.

All SS piping is huge!!!

For those that don't have SS pipes and use race gas, I suggest you look inside your down pipe the next time it's off. You'll be shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boostin'Mystic

Established Member
I had problems with HP as well. I ordered the K-member and some hot side housings and it took 3 months to get here and totally f'ed up my project schedule. I called every single day for about 9 weeks. All I got were BS tracking numbers and excuses why they havent been shipped. After waiting so long, I get the box with the housings in it and they are the wrong size, and the correct size was on the receipt they emailed me. I just called garrett and swapped them out, I wasnt going to wait another 3 months. The kit fit well, but customer service is complete BS. The managers/owners are complete jackasses too. Its like they dont even car about their reputation one bit. I will never suggest them to anyone.

blowngt

Established Member
I had problems with HP as well. I ordered the K-member and some hot side housings and it took 3 months to get here and totally f'ed up my project schedule. I called every single day for about 9 weeks. All I got were BS tracking numbers and excuses why they havent been shipped. After waiting so long, I get the box with the housings in it and they are the wrong size, and the correct size was on the receipt they emailed me. I just called garrett and swapped them out, I wasnt going to wait another 3 months. The kit fit well, but customer service is complete BS. The managers/owners are complete jackasses too. Its like they dont even car about their reputation one bit. I will never suggest them to anyone.

Exactly how I feel.

Good post.......:beer:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I dont know how anyone can say the HP kit is "good" Anybody that knows a thing or 2 about Turbo kits knows its made very very poorly. If it were a $3000 kit, then maybe I would say yes its worth it. But for 6k + and rediculous wait times, Id rather throw my money in the garbage. Their H pipe is made of flex tubing from autozone welded up to an exhaust pipe. The turbos hang from the up pipes and constantly have to be adjusted, no brackets to mount them properly. They hit and rub everything imaginable. Their coating is a joke and it flakes. Alot of their pipes are "smushed" to make it clear certain parts like the bumper support. It looks like someone took a hammer to the piping to form it. To top it off their customer service is god awful.

With Hellion now having their TT kit out which is very similar to HPs kit as far as design except the Hellion kit fits MUCH better and is made of way way better parts. Plus they are in stock ready to ship. Anyone in their right mind would know to choose the Hellion kit over HP. I dont care if the HP kit is $1000 cheaper. Id rather pay the extra $$ to get my kit in a few days instead of many months.

shhak

Established Member
If not for any other reason, I'd order anything but HP just because of the customer service. I was happy with my HP kit. Sure, it didn't fit the best. Sure the mid pipe is sort of a joke (ok, it's really a joke..LOL!) Their coating, I didn't really have any problem except for on the downpipes. The piping running over the bumper brackets definitely needs some improving. But their customer service, long wait times, bs stories, and that one guys attitude (which really needs adjusting) is why I'd try my luck with an ebay kit before giving HP another dime of my money.

My next kit is going to be a full custom job. That way it'll fit my car perfectly. May not fit anyone else's car, but it's going to fit mine like a glove. That's got to be the best way to go, just not the cheapest...

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
If not for any other reason, I'd order anything but HP just because of the customer service. I was happy with my HP kit. Sure, it didn't fit the best. Sure the mid pipe is sort of a joke (ok, it's really a joke..LOL!) Their coating, I didn't really have any problem except for on the downpipes. The piping running over the bumper brackets definitely needs some improving. But their customer service, long wait times, bs stories, and that one guys attitude (which really needs adjusting) is why I'd try my luck with an ebay kit before giving HP another dime of my money.

My next kit is going to be a full custom job. That way it'll fit my car perfectly. May not fit anyone else's car, but it's going to fit mine like a glove. That's got to be the best way to go, just not the cheapest...

If you can find someone that can build a custom kit then thats the way to go. I have a shop that is close to me that builds killer custom kits. If I did it custom it would have cost approx the same as my Hellion kit cost me after the modifications I made and plan to make which is not bad at all.

Blown02

Established Member
thought I would share my past problems w/ HP.. I purchased a twin 57mm turbo kit from them, and about 6 months later I had most of my stuff.. Everything came correct, but they were late on shipping things..They did promise it would only be 45 days to get my kit, and it took 6 months..
The kit made good power.. made 751/768@20psi w/ a 8.5:1 compression forged 01 cobra motor.. after changing to a return style fuel sysyem it made 815rwhp@23psi, woudlve gone 850@23psi, but the headgasket popped.
While I had the car, I noticed a ton of problems w/ the HP kit.. it fit like crap! everytime I turned left I thought my suspension was going to keep going straight.. i have pics of where the piping is hitting the drivers side front tire! the tire was actually rubbing the pipping! piping was hitting the swaybar.. i thought i didnt have drainback problems, but when I went to sell the kit both turbos were f*cked. 1 needed a complete rebuild and the other needed a couple of things.. customer service at HP sucked the entire time. hp wouldnt help me at all w/ the turbos being rebuilt.
I sold the kit to greg@RET. he changed a lot of stuff on the kit and is about to go 8s.
I built a new 5.5 DOHC and am having modular powerhouse build a custom twin kit.. they are starting the build this week :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread