When would you start getting worried?

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
TRiedy said:
Nice! Sounds like a pretty good start. Now, hopefully he wasn't thinking about this scam the whole time and had the sellers sending stuff to a fake name or a friends place or something. Definitely getting closer than before...

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but that address is in downtown Manhattan, right near ground zero. I don't think theres any residentail buildings there, but i will check for you either tomorrow of Wednesday. If there is any residential housing there, it'd be big, big bucks and very doubtful anyone that lives there would need to beat you out of $2700. It's possible he's a janitor taking deliveries where he works. Whatever that address is, residential of commercial, you will know.

Last edited:

CbraSvt01

Banned
Well thats the same address I send the cashiers check too, and I believe from what Lashlarue said...that its just place where he keeps his post office mailing box at. However, the name is different.

He always told me his name was John Avilies.

TRiedy

wish i was back in FL!
Established Member
firemanmike said:
I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but that address is in downtown Manhattan, right near ground zero. I don't think theres any residentail buildings there, but i will check for you either tomorrow of Wednesday. If there is any residential housing there, it'd be big, big bucks and very doubtful anyone that lives there would need to beat you out of $2700. It's possible he's a janitor taking deliveries where he works. Whatever that address is, residential of commercial, you will know.

damn.

CbraSvt01

Banned
MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING....

John M Aviles
71 lexignton ave
jersey city nj 07304

my friend did some research and found this info. This address is very close to the city and to where the package was shipped from. In the scam for the turbo he used the name mj aviles, for me he used john aviles. John M Aviles sounds like it could be him.....

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
A little more info on www.411.com. Does the phone number match any you've got?

John M Aviles
71 Lexington Ave, Apt 7
Jersey City, NJ 07304-1621
(201) 434-6406

Phone Details
Line Type: Land Line
Provider: Verizon

Last edited:

IndiaHatCobra

Established Member
I just found this post and have been reading it for the last 30 minutes....more anticipation then an episode of lost.....Sorry for you luck man,,,I hope this guy gets raped while hes in prison

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man you guys are good! If you look at the address and name, the others are very similar -- just different uses of maybe his real name. That 'M' middle initial could very well be 'Michael'. And the last name is spelled slightly different in other instances. If this is all valid stuff we're seeing, this crook is a pro. And a pretty good one......up until now! :-(

Fred Brown

Established Member
cobrasvt01 mail fraud

cobrasvt01 the FBI handles mail fraud. im a retired NY Trooper and now a little about law. the best thing you have going for you is that you spoke to him on the phone. good luck/ Fred

TIMS93GT

Established Member
CbraSvt01 said:
MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING....

John M Aviles
71 lexignton ave
jersey city nj 07304

my friend did some research and found this info. This address is very close to the city and to where the package was shipped from. In the scam for the turbo he used the name mj aviles, for me he used john aviles. John M Aviles sounds like it could be him.....

Man this defenitely sounds like him!!! I hope this turns out for you.

You got PM.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
scumbag

:nonono: It is good to see a group of people on this forum that all live so far apart and do not even know each other than on here will go out of there way to try and help. It goes to show you there are a bunch of good people out there. Just remember that scumbag will get what is coming to him.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
This is kickass! Maybe you guys can help me get my money back from Jay, BLWN03.... He owes me about 2 grand and has fallen off the face of the earth!

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
Holy crap! All this information mining & willingness to help makes me feel really good about you guys! I hope we catch this SOB and expose him.

I hope he's not on the board.

2003 Silver

Banned
CbraSvt01 said:
Well I'm not sure the postal will be totally involved. I sent the cashiers check to him via ups....although it was delieverd to a usps drop box.

I think our best way to get info would be from the store that holds the box for him....there has to be some type of info on the box holder. I have the stores name and number but I havent called yet because i figured it would take some type of law enforcement to get that info.

I have also called the NYPD and they want nothing to do with it, probably the most rude and uncivilized people I have ever spoken to. He flat out said he dosnt want to hear it untill my police contacts them.

Sorry bro...the last thing on their mind is a missing blower....murders are a daily occurence.

PayPal is your friend...good luck and I hope you nail the prick and get some $ out of it.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
TIMS93GT said:
Hey I went to https://find.intelius.com/purchase.php and typed in John M Aviles and it came up with"

4 adresses in Jersey City, NJ and,
1 adress in Elmwood Park, NJ

You can order his background check of this website for 49.95. It might be beneficial to you.

Tim

Yeah I came up with those as well, if it's him it looks like the guy was born in 1949 and is 57 years old. Still sound like the right guy?

Users who are viewing this thread