When seeing another mustang driving....

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
mysticsvt said:
Originally Posted by quik6
What do I having a 600rwhp car have in common with a V6 Mustang owner??? Not a damn thing. They are not a muscle car enthusiast having a V6 Mustang. If anyone waves at me, I will wave back, thats respect. But I'm not going out of my way to wave at people I dont have something in common with. And having a Mustang isnt in common enough..guess I'm a doush-Shane:bash:

Yeah I have a v6, I guess I should leave SVTP because I obviously have no interest in muscle cars. I only like to look at Hyundai, Honda, and Kia family sedans and mini vans obviously; otherwise I'd be driving a 600rwhp Cobra. Its funny you're the only one who took offense, everyone else could get where I was coming from. Maybe its reading comprehension, maybe its something else, I'm not really sure.

divided

Established Member
I didnt realize it was such a city specific thing to do. I even wave to modded fbodies if their clean. But you know what that leads too:burnout: I would feel weird giving the thumbs up on a vette though for some reason, just that stigma i guess that comes with the driver. No offense to anyone here, just saying the "stereotype" vette driver.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
when seeing another mustang if its a gt I rev at them and if they turn around to follow i know they want to race, if its a cobra i let out the clutch so the s/c makes a loud noise you can hear it from far and if he revs i turn around and catch up to him so i can see if he wants to race......lol i dont really do that

SADF

Established Member
Jeep guys are huge on this thing. I have a friend with a Wrangler and they wave at each other as if they would die if they did not (We have all seen the "Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" slogans). I hardly ever see any L's and when I do 5% will maybe wave. I had a clean '99 v6 before (black, billet specialties rims, every possible bolt on, cobra front, tons of billet, and 3.8 emblems before anyone had the 4.6 or 3.8 emb's) and I got waves all the time. Of course it was easy to get attention from another stang when your the only one they have ever seen hittin' switches! My v6, while only as quick as it could be, killed others at shows. On this site I'll get hammered for modding a v6 or bagging a stang, but I was like "hey, its a v6 and everyone always gives me shiat for having one so I might as well bag it and I won't get shiat about bagging a v8" Its always something and I decided to do two things that pissed Mustang owners off by bagging and heavily modding a v6.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i always thought it would be cool to get a V6, turbo it, and turn it into a road racer. better weight distribution, thats for sure!

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
Around SoCal I only wave to built gt's or mostly cobra's. But you usually get the Aholes who think they are better. I also Drive a rockcrawling built 4runner and most guys in jeeps usually wave high. its all wierd

Last edited:

Crazycarl

Established Member
if its a nicely modded stang ill give a nod. sometime they nod back and sometimes they look at me like wtf.
also other svt contour owners always seem to give a nod or thumbs up which i return.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i pull up to v6 "stangs" and laugh at them. i quoted the word stang because i don't believe a v6 is a mustang, period. what a POS excuse for a car. if you want fuel economy, buy a ****ing honda.

SADF

Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:
i pull up to v6 "stangs" and laugh at them. i quoted the word stang because i don't believe a v6 is a mustang, period. what a POS excuse for a car. if you want fuel economy, buy a ****ing honda.

yeah... I would have probably hit switches and bounced mine into your lane

19Mystic96

Established Member
i only wave if i see that it is a cobra or any other specialty mustang.. i dont wave to other stang owners because all the mustang drivers around me are assholes and think that their cars are sooo much better than mine when they drive past me

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
19Mystic96 said:
i only wave if i see that it is a cobra or any other specialty mustang.. i dont wave to other stang owners because all the mustang drivers around me are assholes and think that their cars are sooo much better than mine when they drive past me

You got a Mystic man, that car is the hottest:beer:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
mysticsvt said:
What do I having a 600rwhp car have in common with a V6 Mustang owner??? Not a damn thing. They are not a muscle car enthusiast having a V6 Mustang. If anyone waves at me, I will wave back, thats respect. But I'm not going out of my way to wave at people I dont have something in common with. And having a Mustang isnt in common enough..guess I'm a doush-Shane:bash:
I think his point was with modded V6's/GT's, obviously you wouldn't wave at everyone with a Mustang but if it's a tastefully modded V6 I don't know why you would hate it unless you're a dipshit. Not everyones V6 is a 15 second car.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:

Do you pull up to other "F-150s" and laugh at them? I put F-150 in quotes because they don't have the same engine as you so they might not count. :poke:

Its funny you stated someone was a tool in another thread for putting down on GTs
BlkLightning2K said:
what a tool. a cobra is basically just a gt with an irs and a different motor. a fast gt is basically the same ****ing thing, it just isn't made by ford.

You're doing the same thing:bash:
Also, read what is in bold....so what the hell is a V6? With your logic isn't it basically the same thing as a GT just with a different drivetrain?:shrug:

Last edited:
I wave at all the V8s, and any v6 that waves at me first. I don't bother waving first with the v6s because most of them could care less about Mustangs, its just a form of transportation for them.

gameboy_J

Established Member
man, most of you guys are ok but there sure are a lot of idiots on this board. So someone doesn't drive a V8, then **** em right? You dicks don't understand that young people who get V6's can be real enthusiasts too? I wouldnt want to wave to you mother****ers, lol. I started out with a 2000 V6 and later upgraded to a Mach 1. I guess I am not an enthusiast either though, after all I did start out with a POS 3.8L.........please.

I spent over 6 grand modding my V6, it was my first car and I will always love it. It was far more than a "mode of transportation" to me. I just don't get why you would judge the 3.8 crowd. If it werent for the V6 stangs being used as rental cars the mustang would have died years ago. You think Cobra/GT sales keep the stang name alive? Show some respect ;-)

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
gameboy_J said:
man, most of you guys are ok but there sure are a lot of idiots on this board. So someone doesn't drive a V8, then **** em right? You dicks don't understand that young people who get V6's can be real enthusiasts too? I wouldnt want to wave to you mother****ers, lol. I started out with a 2000 V6 and later upgraded to a Mach 1. I guess I am not an enthusiast either though, after all I did start out with a POS 3.8L.........please.

Holy hell quit your whining!

I see more V6 Stangs in a day then I do in a Honda. So should I wave to everyone just in case they might be a Stang fan?

How bout no!

Users who are viewing this thread