When seeing another mustang driving....

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i usually toss a thumb up for modded stangs and SVTs, but they usually just give me a WTF look. cant seem to figure out why...

lol

2814v

Established Member
I wave if its svt or modded, about half the time it is not returned. The SN197's never seem too. Now in the ZR1 95% of the time I get a wave, no matter what kind of vette C1-C6. They are waving flashing the fogs, hitting the horn. It makes you afraid you will miss a wave and have to turn around catch up with them and wave, too much freaken stress(jk).

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
Cajun Marine said:
I'll usually just throw a loud rev.. since i'm rolling with no cats and loudmouth catback...

and they're probably saying to themselves. '' that sounds like crap'' haha jk. i'll throw my hand in the air or nod if i'm at a light. if they rev, i try to ignore it but i can't help it sometimes and rev back. and it's usually stares... i mean, come on, how can you not see my car?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I'll throw a rev/nod/thumbs up to any SVT, Mach or classic muscle Mustang. If I waved to every Mustang I saw on the streets, my arm would fall off within a day.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I wave to the same 3 mustangs and 1 GTO every morning.
Never talked to any of them before, But you can count on passing them every morning.

Other then that; I only wave to the Stangs that stick out.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
better watch not waving at those older women, some pack a punch. my girlfriend is 27 and has a 98 gt that has a PI engine with a 150 shot of nitrous on top of it, and she can drive. never met a chick that could chirp them through 3 gears on 10.5's! without the spray! she know's her cars and know's how to spot the right ones to give a good goose of the engine too as well. :) I love my GF.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I'm starting to realize how many douches there are on this site. Whats up with all the "I like Mustangs, but I only acknowledge someone if it has a V8 in it?" If the car is nice, the car is nice. I wouldn't expect people to wave at someone in a stock mustang, but if they put their time into it with some tasteful mods, give them credit.

I wave to people in the mall, but only if they have Rolex's on.:smmon:

Last edited:

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
well there is to many gt's and v6's to wave to .. so i only usually give the what up to the ones that catch my eye.. being a classic/fox/new edge/lightning/svt focus or contour .. i have came to figure out that s197's don't say hi back or whatever so i usually skip them.

divided

Established Member
quik6 said:
I'm starting to realize how many douches there are on this site. Whats up with all the "I like Mustangs, but I only acknowledge someone if it has a V8 in it?" If the car is nice, the car is nice. I wouldn't expect people to wave at someone in a stock mustang, but if they put their time into it with some tasteful mods, give them credit.

I wave to people in the mall, but only if they have Rolex's on.:smmon:

LOL:lol:
Its not even about that, its just the fact an enthusiest is more likly to be driving a v8 or special edition stang, than a "normal" v6 or stock GT. Sure v6's can be nice, but in the end its still a v6, and most everyone on this site is about performance, and appreciating a clean "performance" stang. Careful calling us "douche", that doesnt sit well.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i will not wave at a S197, everyone ive attempted to wave at just looked at me like I was stupid or something. 99% of the time around here they will come off like that. I only really wave at any clean fox or 94-04 v8, lately ive been seeing a lot of cobra's around. If the v6 is really clean looking and tastefully done then ill wave at them or throw them a rev

Last edited:

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I really only wave to other svt's(machs). Gt's if it looks nice or sounds good. v6 stangs I just ignore. I love it when the punk girl pant wearing MALE kids in v6's try to race me:dw:

Last edited:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I passed a turbo V6 new-edge, a nitrous'd SN95, and a sick looking Bullitt in the same day ...only the nitrous'd SN95 was nice enough to look over and acknowledge me. I always try and wave, but around NoVa, there are too many pricks.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
divided said:
LOL:lol:
Its not even about that, its just the fact an enthusiest is more likly to be driving a v8 or special edition stang, than a "normal" v6 or stock GT. Sure v6's can be nice, but in the end its still a v6, and most everyone on this site is about performance, and appreciating a clean "performance" stang. Careful calling us "douche", that doesnt sit well.

Read sentence 4 of my original post. I agree with you, waving to every stock stang you see would get time consuming to say the least.

Its just some of these guys seem to come off like they would see a nice, clean looking Mustang and think, "Damn that looks good!" Then realize its a V6 or even a GT and think, "Nevermind, not worth my time to give a quick wave, I only acknowledge 'real' cars."

Its like a guy with a Z06 thinking, "What the hell is that guy in the standard C6 doing waving at me with only 400HP. He needs to get a real engine before he gets any credit from me."

Users who are viewing this thread