When seeing another mustang driving....

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I pay alot of attention to other Stangs. First thing to notice is V6 or V8. Then I look for external mods, listen to exhaust note for after market. I usually give a idle minded wave to other V8. If I see another 03/04 Cobra(rare) then its a little more than idle minded-Shane

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
when i had my cobra i'd give a thumbs up to cobras, machs, bullits, etc. no offense to gt's and v6's theres just way to many of them around here to wave to everyone. i'd have to wave to 10 different people at every red light. but if there was a nicely modded gt or v6 i'd give them a thumbs up too cuz you can tell its a mustang enthusiast by how the car looks and sounds

Last edited:

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
if there was a nicely modded gt or v6 i'd give them a thumbs up too cuz you can tell its a mustang enthusiast by how the car looks and sounds

:thumbsup: Thats what I'm getting at.

JasonSnake

Established Member
A beat up looking sn95 V6 came up to me at a red light. Had some crumby looking ground fx, altezzas, the works. Dual exhaust with holes in the mufflers. Guy kept revving his junk and I never even looked over.

However I always acknowledge tastefully done Stangs or even clean GT's / Cobras. I even yelled out to some lady in her 50's driving a nice clean 95 GT 'vert in the next lane and gave me thumbs up.

SVTContique

If the person looks like an enthusiast i will. Like a dad and his kids driving around in a new Edge GT with the top down, just shoot them a nod and thumbs up.

Most S197 Guys dont even look at my car, they think their mustang is the be all end all of mustangs and that everything before their year of car is SLOW.

I wave at all SVT's and Machs/Bullitts, Most of the SVT people know what my car is, Lightning owners are the worst though, i swear most of them don't know what a damn Cobra is.

Cool story, i was driving around the other day doing some errands, and on my way home i slow down for a light and this family in one of those Dodge Ram Daytona's, the ones with the spoiler and the flat black stripes, they pull along beside me and they all give me the thumbs up, the mom the dad, and the 2 kids in the back. It was awesome.

bzubke1

Established Member
I wave at any tastefully done car, if it's a mustang, lightning, chevy or import.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I try not to bother with people unless i know there car people (will have mods clean car etc)

Almost all mustangs i see are girls driving them or just dumb dudes that dont give a shit.l

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
quik6 said:
I'm starting to realize how many douches there are on this site. Whats up with all the "I like Mustangs, but I only acknowledge someone if it has a V8 in it?" If the car is nice, the car is nice. I wouldn't expect people to wave at someone in a stock mustang, but if they put their time into it with some tasteful mods, give them credit.

I wave to people in the mall, but only if they have Rolex's on.:smmon:

this wouldn't be because you have a 6er would it? :coolman:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Originally Posted by quik6
I'm starting to realize how many douches there are on this site. Whats up with all the "I like Mustangs, but I only acknowledge someone if it has a V8 in it?" If the car is nice, the car is nice. I wouldn't expect people to wave at someone in a stock mustang, but if they put their time into it with some tasteful mods, give them credit.

What do I having a 600rwhp car have in common with a V6 Mustang owner??? Not a damn thing. They are not a muscle car enthusiast having a V6 Mustang. If anyone waves at me, I will wave back, thats respect. But I'm not going out of my way to wave at people I dont have something in common with. And having a Mustang isnt in common enough..guess I'm a doush-Shane:bash:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I do not wave, honk, rev, or give other cars a thumbs up. Just because you were able to plunk down that massive $280 dollar a month car payment doesn't mean that we share a bond in any way. I have no connection with the 6 million other people who decided to purchase a mass produced ford.

In fact, if you wave/honk/smile, etc, I will think you are a tool.

Its just a car folks, just steel and plastic. No need to get emotional with one another.

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
quadcammer said:
I do not wave, honk, rev, or give other cars a thumbs up. Just because you were able to plunk down that massive $280 dollar a month car payment doesn't mean that we share a bond in any way. I have no connection with the 6 million other people who decided to purchase a mass produced ford.

In fact, if you wave/honk/smile, etc, I will think you are a tool.

Its just a car folks, just steel and plastic. No need to get emotional with one another.

come down south everybody are tools :shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
hahahah like everything else I guess it is where you live.

In Austin there are a lot of mustangs, I will go out of my way to talk to another Cobra owner, tell him\her about SVTP and the SCOA and SVTOA. Some of them have joined up others haven't. If I see another Cobra or a lightning I will give them a thumbs up if I can catch their eye. The rest of them if they wave first I will certainly wave back or give them a thumbs up.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
I stopped waving after EVERY other Cobra owner I waved at didn't wave back.

Everybody sucks.

Welcome to central Illinois. I don't wave anymore either because no one ever waves back. I had a guy in a Mach 1 wave at me on the highway once... I was so flaberghasted it actually happened that I forgot to wave back. That is what its like around here. You have to have a Jeep or a Corvette before people are friendly...

JDH

piratespeed
Established Member
Alot of looks in my F150 because there are no '93-'96 f150s around here that aren't rotten let alone slightly modded. In my Supercoupe it's rare that any other enthusiast acknowledges me because alot of people don't know what they are.. but it's nice when they do. I never wave though, people around here seem to think you're retarded.. unless you drive a jeep, those guys wave at eachother all day long. As do all the bikers around here.

7.62x39FMJ

Established Member
When i see another mustang, i usually just throw up a gang sign or 2 then shoot the finger lol

ynotsvt

SVT
Established Member
If its modded etc. Ill throw up a wave or a friendly rev... Had a guy in a yellow 03/04 cobra give the the bird back.:bash: But yeah regaurdless if its a mustang or not. If it looks good etc. Ill nod or wave.

Users who are viewing this thread