Wheels made in the USA

'03 Redfire

Established Member
Been looking around for new wheels for my Cobra and been noticing that a lot of them are made in China. Seeing the alloy they use cheap, the manufacturing process can be sub par as well. Also they tend to be heavy. I want USA made wheels due to support our great nation, and high quality materials and manufacturing processing be used.

What are the known USA manufacturers? Weld and CCW are the only ones I’m aware of. Found out Whistler wheels are Chinese made yesterday after talking with customer service. Race star are Chinese as well. SVE Chinese too?
PFA

Thanks in advance
IMG_1220.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" Handcrafted in the United States
Since its inception in 2004, Modulare Forged has been manufacturing a growing collection of multi-piece and monoblock forged wheels using the highest quality materials available. Each set of Modulare Wheels is tailor-made to order with each customer’s own unique specifications, right here in the USA, from start to finish. Available sizes range from 18-24”, depending on style and application. "
1st-H9-pic-run-03-21-2020-003.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, was just going to say Forgeline here in Ohio.
Weld is also a top choice, and they just bought CCW.
Are you looking for street or track?
-J

'03 Redfire

Established Member
Thanks for the reply’s. I’ll take a look at Forgeline! I have been looking at CCW D110’s. Interesting I did not know that Weld bought CCW. At this time looking for street wheels that could be used on a road course as well. Was looking for Weld RT-S for my drag setup eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I was looking for wheels, I'd rather pay a bit more for American made than get wheels made in China. Hopefully as time goes by we'll see more American made wheels (and other products).
upload_2020-3-23_9-57-55.png

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I had ordered a set of CCW SP100's in May 2019, by the end of Oct., I had a refund check. ( poor quality )....................Just a heads up..

'03 Redfire

Established Member
If I was looking for wheels, I'd rather pay a bit more for American made than get wheels made in China. Hopefully as time goes by we'll see more American made wheels (and other products).
View attachment 1629864

Same here! It’s just junk Chinese metal. If you put them to the test they are more prone for failure. That’s why I started this thread, to see all the American companies we have options with

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

triple-s

Established Member
I've ordered 3 different sets from CCW and never had a problem. The most recent set came in exactly 5 weeks like they said.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
RC Components are made in good ole US of A..... And they are some of the baddest most dope looking rims out there and will be the rim going on my car in the very near future 100%.

Automotive Drag Race Wheels and Accessories - RC Components
I just checked their site and they used to have more options.
There was a bad ass split 5-spoke I thought about running on my strip/street Fox.
Lots of cool America’s made wheels.
Bogart, Billet Specialties, Champion.
-J

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have no axe to grind with CCW, maybe my order was the exception, but I can't explain how wheels with machine flaws like these, left the plant..
My 1st shipment was the rear wheels only, the front wheels FAILED QC inspection, the pics below were what PASSED QC inspection.
CCW-rear-wheel-defects-09-11-2019-005.jpg

CCW-rear-wheel-defects-09-11-2019-008.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Its funny u say that cause I thought the same thing when I went to their site cause I remember there being far more options. I had Billet Specialties on my Grand National. They looked great but every tom dick and harry seems to have them on their GN.

I prefer the Bogarts but they just dont seem to hold up that well on the street and considering I live in New England and Pot holes here can swallow whole cars smh I would only get them for the track. They're wicked light tho!

I just checked their site and they used to have more options.
There was a bad ass split 5-spoke I thought about running on my strip/street Fox.
Lots of cool America’s made wheels.
Bogart, Billet Specialties, Champion.
-J

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I am in the same boat looking for wheels preferably not made in China. My question is, are there any wheels made in the USA that dont have Lambos on the front page of their website and start at $4k a set? Doesnt have to be forged necessarily, but damn. Something around 1600 a set?

Users who are viewing this thread