what x pipe are you running with your borla stingers?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
How much louder is the bassani catted X vs stock?

Quite a bit louder. I used to have a flowmaster cat back with my stock H pipe and it had some rumble but nothing crazy. I then changed out the stock H for the bassani catted X and the exhaust got quite loud and you could hear a big difference.
Then I got the stingers and now it's just loud as hell lol.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Here is a clip I made last night. Sorry I couldn't get a good drive by. That will come eventually if more people are curious.

Bassani O/R X + Borla Stingers

[youtube_browser]a8TPIXr3ypE[/youtube_browser]

I REV it up at the end..

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I've had the Bassani catted X, off road X, and off road Prochamber with my Stingers. The Prochamber by far sounds the best.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
for the guys running without cats are you running into a check engine lamp issue? or are you turning off the rear o2 monitors in a tune? also if you are turning them off do u live in an emissions state that your car has to pass the emissions test?

just wanting to see what others are doing

thanks

brian

zeus201

Established Member
for the guys running without cats are you running into a check engine lamp issue? or are you turning off the rear o2 monitors in a tune? also if you are turning them off do u live in an emissions state that your car has to pass the emissions test?

thanks

brian

bassani o/r x and it is turned off in the tune. i always thought it was illegal to run without cats, but it has been something i have never thought twice about since no one is really checking around here (knock on wood).

sort of long video...but you get the idea

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSrU6kV125U"]YouTube- 1999 Cobra Exhaust: Bassani Mid Lengths, Bassani O/R X, Borla Stinger Catback[/nomedia]

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Sounds great Chris, gotta love them Stingers matched with Bassani! It's worth the $1500 sound!

Jefe

Established Member
Ya no way I would fork over the money for the complete system. Glad the previous owner bought all Bassani and I was able to find Stingers cheap on Amazon

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member

thanks

brian

Brian,

I have mine turned off in the tune. Very simple for the tuner to do.

I do not live in an emissions state. :D

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Here is a clip I made last night. Sorry I couldn't get a good drive by. That will come eventually if more people are curious.

Bassani O/R X + Borla Stingers

[youtube_browser]a8TPIXr3ypE[/youtube_browser]

I REV it up at the end..

badass :rockon:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i went to install my bassani x pipe with cats and when i pulled the o2 sensors i realized that the previous owner installed mil eliminators. so that was a nice freebe for when i install the o/r pipes. i just want to see the difference in sounds with the cats and without.

Users who are viewing this thread