what x pipe are you running with your borla stingers?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
im looking to replace my stock h pipe for an x-pipe. however i believe i would like to retain my cat converters. so just wondering what other borla stinger owners have for their x-pipe.

thanks

brian

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Bassani cat'd X with my borla stingers. I picked that combo after watching countless youtube videos and picking that awesome sound out.

Initially I went cheap and got a UPR cat'd X trying to save money and man what a POS. It arrived damaged on one flange end and was a total PITA to try and install. Fit and finish sucked. I could have "made" it work but decided it wasn't worth it one bit and returned it. The X part of it too looked like a home made one too that I could make in my garage. The bassani has an X chamber and fit and finish are superb.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
are you guys getting the 5 piece kit in stainless or the alum finish?

the catted x pipe is the kit im refering to. also did you see any performance gains on a dyno or at the track?

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
I have the 5 piece kit with the removable cats if i wanted to take em off, not sure if its aluminum or stainless steel, theres no rust on it though so maybe stainless? it came on the car when i bought it, from what i understand though the high flow cats make a large difference

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I got my Bassani catted from LFP. Was on sale and got a great deal. Make sure it's in stock, or you might try Lethal
Bassani Catted X and Stingers here...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you like your exhaust LOUD, go with a catless X-pipe. But be aware that the Stinger and catless setup can be obnoxious. And a cop magnet. I wouldn't be personally able to handle it daily. We're all different. LOL!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I have the 5 piece stainless with removable cats but I don't for see myself ever removing them. The exhaust is freaking loud with the cats. When you step on the gas and it gets to a certain rpm those stingers just resonate (if that's the right word) something insane and it's amazingly loud. I'm not talking about that drone sound you get with flowmasters I mean the sound suddenly amplifies greatly.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
UPR No cats here!!!

Not a single problem with there product...only that im going def LOL

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
If you like your exhaust LOUD, go with a catless X-pipe. But be aware that the Stinger and catless setup can be obnoxious. And a cop magnet. I wouldn't be personally able to handle it daily. We're all different. LOL!

my car is weekend and track only. i like attention just as long as no tickets follow :thumbsup:

Jefe

Established Member
Have the Bassani catted X on mine, not stainless.

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/11862131]SVT Cobra Borla Stinger Compilation on Vimeo[/ame]

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Bassani 5 piece X pipe WITHOUT cats + Stingers is my setup.

I may go out and shoot a video here soon. I'm hella bored...

Users who are viewing this thread