What winter mods do you have planned?

ajaf1656

Established Member
I took the parts off of my silver single speed to build my newly acquired 1977 Schwinn Le Tour II. All that's left on it is running the brake cables. I polished the brakes, brake levers and spent a good amount of time cleaning up little bits and pieces on it. The only new part I used was the chain and brake pads I put on it. Not sure what pedals I'll run yet. I put on some Continental 700x32c tires I had laying around sine they didn't fit on my other 1977 Schwinn Le Tour II with fenders.

I just installed some Odyssey 4 piece bars and a corduroy Primo saddle on the BMX.
I bought a new Shadow Conspiracy half-link chain and should be getting new Primo cranks, Shadow pedals and a Colony sprocket delivered any day now. A new brake caliper, shorty brake lever and grips and the BMX will be as upgraded as I want it to be. It already has a custom built wheel on the rear and I don't care that the front rim is a pined seam since I don't run a front brake on it. I think I'm getting close to having $1,500 "invested" in it, making it the most expensive and nicest BMX I've owned.

I know how much you guys love and support my bicycle addiction... :LOL:

Morgan

Established Member
I took the parts off of my silver single speed to build my newly acquired 1977 Schwinn Le Tour II. All that's left on it is running the brake cables. I polished the brakes, brake levers and spent a good amount of time cleaning up little bits and pieces on it. The only new part I used was the chain and brake pads I put on it. Not sure what pedals I'll run yet. I put on some Continental 700x32c tires I had laying around sine they didn't fit on my other 1977 Schwinn Le Tour II with fenders.

I just installed some Odyssey 4 piece bars and a corduroy Primo saddle on the BMX.
I bought a new Shadow Conspiracy half-link chain and should be getting new Primo cranks, Shadow pedals and a Colony sprocket delivered any day now. A new brake caliper, shorty brake lever and grips and the BMX will be as upgraded as I want it to be. It already has a custom built wheel on the rear and I don't care that the front rim is a pined seam since I don't run a front brake on it. I think I'm getting close to having $1,500 "invested" in it, making it the most expensive and nicest BMX I've owned.

I know how much you guys love and support my bicycle addiction... :LOL:

Pictures.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Pictures.
For some reason the brakes are giving me problems. I just noticed I had reassembled the front brakes with the springs in the wrong orientation and got that corrected. Now I'm struggling to get the pads aligned with the rim. I've always been able to get by with the dome washers to get proper toe-in on the pads, I think I bought some with less range of movement. I don't want to have to bend the arms on the calipers, so I might need to go back out and get new pads or see if I have different dome washers in my bowl of random bike hardware.
The orange with the white outlined black letters makes it look like the General Lee. Lol

IMG_2039.jpeg

My WeThePeople (Awesome name for a German bike company lol) Audio 22" BMX. My old bars were chrome and with the new black cranks on the way, I'll have no chrome on the bike. I'll post more pics when the parts get here.
IMG_2040.jpeg

I hope you appreciate me going to the effort of changing the backdrop. Lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not mods, but fix the AC and drivers side window in the 03 bucket.
My AC on the 03 doesn't blow cold air anymore. Might just need a recharge. I rarely use mine anyway. Are you just getting it recharged?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It is that time of year when all of us get antsy with cabin fever and look to our garages as an outlet. Anyone have big mod plans?

On my ZL1 I am adding a 2650 and a bigger fuel pump. I already did port injection so it is plug and play. Also adding a lid to the new supercharger. This will take me from 850 to 1050 (at only 17 lbs!).

Additional power requires more rubber so adding some 18" BC forged with 555rs in back and 888rs in front.

My ZR1 has a new built motor in it. I was thinking of adding a 2650 and 1700c injectors but think I will keep the 2300. I am at 950 at only 17 lbs right now so there is plenty of room. The 2650 setup would take me to 1200 which I am frankly not interested in.

So now thinking of a pulley and a new lid to get me to 1050 or so.

What are yall doing?
Klaus not messing around and playing with the big boy numbers.
Good for you man. Keep us posted.

Saleen498

Established Member
1) Lap the valves then assemble the shortblock.
2) order a t2r and assemble the pumpkin
3) send my steering rack and my freshly powdercoated spare rack case to turn one for cobra R treatment.
4) design a bracket for the Volvo electric pump to bolt where the cruise control model was then have it machined once I get a 3d printed one fitting just how I would like.
5) cut up a 2015 engine harness and re pin into a 42 and a 38 pin connector to use as an "extension cable" to run from the gen 2 ecu mounted under the radio to the firewall. Also pinout the saleen guages and miscellaneous 4v sensors needed thru the same connectors.
6) order tube straightener and set up a bench to remake all my brake lines. Abs has been relocated to the right side of the framerail and all lines will be stainless and hidden from inside the engine bay.
7) wait for spring to put all the parts in the car and make PTFE black power steering lines to get it to the point that it will be a full roller with key on power steering and power brakes with almost full weight of the engine in it.

Saleen498

Established Member
McLeod RST, Ben calimer stage 2 transmission, OEM throw out bearing and pilot bearing. As soon as I get the balls to let go of ~$4K. Really need a truck though.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

I need to do this as well. The synchros in 2nd in my 2015 daily are gone. The Ben Calimer trans has been on my list for a while now.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My AC on the 03 doesn't blow cold air anymore. Might just need a recharge. I rarely use mine anyway. Are you just getting it recharged?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I have gauges and will do it myself. If that doesn't work, have a guy close to work and that's all he does. I'm sure mine just leaked down,as I never even start it anymore.

ATX5.0

Established Member
McLeod RST, Ben calimer stage 2 transmission, OEM throw out bearing and pilot bearing. As soon as I get the balls to let go of ~$4K. Really need a truck though.

Let me know what you think of those upgrades for the boss. I’ve had good luck with the rst in the past.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Got the cranks in the mail today. So new bars, cranks, sprocket, pedals, and seat. All chrome has ben eliminated. I might upgrade the brakes and put on some "gum" colored Vans pattern grips on it next.
*also added the half-link chain.
IMG_2044.jpeg

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I don't know if it would constitute "winter mods" if my car is still in the middle of the build phase and currently is just a bare shell getting the engine bay all smoothed at the moment... but I bought a set of Recaro seats for it this past weekend and those will get recovered eventually. The 4.6 DOCH will get torn down this winter as well and get forged rods and pistons too.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Not mods, but fix the AC and drivers side window in the 03 bucket.

Gray Coupes = cans
Gray Verts = buckets
LOL

Been patiently waiting since April for a staggered set (20x10/20x11) of Chad McQueen Racing Mulholland Gloss Black w/Machined Lip Wheels from Steeda. Still no eta.
Best I can do, is a ghetto photoshop.

IMG_1918.jpeg

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Got the cranks in the mail today. So new bars, cranks, sprocket, pedals, and seat. All chrome has ben eliminated. I might upgrade the brakes and put on some "gum" colored Vans pattern grips on it next.
*also added the half-link chain.
View attachment 1822468
Still have my BMX bike from when I was a kid. It's a Haro Back trail X2. Wish I had time to mess with it.

Users who are viewing this thread