What winter mods do you have planned?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Great thread. I picked up another Sandrail. This one is made by a guy named Mike Mazzone who built these frames down in El Cajon near San Diego for about 25 years. He died in 2016.

Car currently has a turbo'd vw that I plan to sell and either replace it with a larger N/A VW, or go completely wild and install a 500hp turbo k24 Honda.
I have a good friend in Lake Forest that has a sand rail. His is powered by a turbo Hayabusa motor! He's in his 70s believe it or not! Been a So Cal hot rodder his whole life. He's like the coolest grandpa I never had

P1010006.JPG

Hayabusa bowl.jpg
large2.jpg

cropped.jpg

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a good friend in Lake Forest that has a sand rail. His is powered by a turbo Hayabusa motor! He's in his 70s believe it or not! Been a So Cal hot rodder his whole life. He's like the coolest grandpa I never had

View attachment 1822891
View attachment 1822892View attachment 1822893
View attachment 1822895

Yeah, man.

Once duning gets into your blood, there is no shaking it. Im not surprised at all at his age. There are TONS of guys out there in their 60s and 70s. Good for your friend!

Those hayabusa cars are wicked. I like them a lot and have ridden in them. Fast little bastards for sure.

I LOVE the aluminum rack he has for it in the bed of his truck.

You've got cool friends! lol

MG0h3

Established Member
Yeah, man.

Once duning gets into your blood, there is no shaking it. Im not surprised at all at his age. There are TONS of guys out there in their 60s and 70s. Good for your friend!

Those hayabusa cars are wicked. I like them a lot and have ridden in them. Fast little bastards for sure.

I LOVE the aluminum rack he has for it in the bed of his truck.

You've got cool friends! lol

When I was stationed in El Centro, we’d go work the Imperial Dunes during all the holidays .

There was a guy with an all white rail with an 03/04 Terminator engine. Never talked to him but it still had the Eaton blower so prob stockish. Was super cool considering most have an LS variant of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
When I was stationed in El Centro, we’d go work the Imperial Dunes during all the holidays .

There was a guy with an all white rail with an 03/04 Terminator engine. Never talked to him but it still had the Eaton blower so prob stockish. Was super cool considering most have an LS variant of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have never seen that, but I would not be at all surprised to see one. Ive seen just about everything out there.

I bet that thing sounded incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread