What to do when you get bored with your Cobra?

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
I feel bored with my Cobra, its not that I don't like it but I drove an 06 z06 Sat. and it felt so good. But what can I do to keep the cobra fresh & exciting? I just put on pro stars for a change but that's getting old too.
Please Help before I buy something I may regret.
IMG_4196-1.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

And what I'm looking at.
2bcf45c5-1.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm itching for a GT500 really bad as of a few days ago. It's either a 3.4 Whipple on mine or a GT500 and build it up. So I can't help you much here other than don't get the Vette and get a GT500 lol.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
My suggestion: In short.....use it more for what it was intended for.

Start taking the car to autocross and track events. Putting yourself in as many situations as possible which allow you to take full advantage of your car's potential will re-kindle the fire. Drag racing has its place, but I'm willing to bet once you have been sliding the car around on an autox course or experienced a 4 wheel drift on a road course, you will really begin to appreciate all your car has to offer.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My suggestion: In short.....use it more for what it was intended for.

Start taking the car to autocross and track events. Putting yourself in as many situations as possible which allow you to take full advantage of your car's potential will re-kindle the fire. Drag racing has its place, but I'm willing to bet once you have been sliding the car around on an autox course or experienced a 4 wheel drift on a road course, you will really begin to appreciate all your car has to offer.

There it is!

Start by really driving the car!
A C6 ZO6 is in another complete category and they are not giving them away. Not a good comparison.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
you could always do somthing crazy like sell the car dirt cheap to me! :D

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Drive the hell out of it!

I get bored of mine when it just sits around. When I take it out and have some fun it gets exciting all over again. +1 on the Road Course or Autocross ideas.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member

EXACTLY! But I can't really talk. Coming from someone who has yet to pulley their car. LOL! I just want to blow by all that porting and pulley bizzznezzz and grab a Whipple.........:banana:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I don't do all my Mods at once. I spread it out, I do a few a year so I still have new things on the car so I don't lose interest. I may run out though.

SVTspeed

Established Member
Haha, going to a c6 Z is not something you would regret. The only thing i can say to stop you is, save yourself $25-35k for a used Z. If you trade your car in, or even sell it, thats the type of cash your looking at putting up for a Z.

joemayo

Established Member
I always tear my car apart for 2-3 months just for the hell of it and upgrade a few things.. When I start driving it again it's like having a new car!

Black306

Established Member
EXACTLY! But I can't really talk. Coming from someone who has yet to pulley their car. LOL! I just want to blow by all that porting and pulley bizzznezzz and grab a Whipple.........:banana:

That's what I did. I had a pulley sitting in my garage shortly after buying the car new and never installed it. I now have a Whipple sitting in the trunk, but I don't think the Whipple will wait as long before being installed. :lol: :burnout:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Whipple 3.4? Meh more like Mammoth KB 2.8H :)

Converting to turbo will make it feel like a different car, and have fun raping vettes day in day out.

USBlueStage2

Established Member
Get a GT500 - you wont regret it - I dont.

Or, Get a C6 Z - there are serious rebates and Zero percent financing.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I can't imagine you should regret getting a C6Z as they are incredible cars! Is there any chance at keeping the Cobra and picking up a used 06 Z? They can be had for low-mid $40's these days if you look around. With that being said the biggest difference is the lighter weight and superior handling, so why not work on that with the Cobra to make it feel better? Tubular suspension up front, coilovers, lighter seats, etc. You can shave 100lbs off the car easily and make it handle much better, it will feel like a whole new car all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread