What to do when you get bored with your Cobra?

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
sell it, honestly, im tired of seeing these threads. and im a noob. sell it so someone like myself can enjoy it. this is my dream vehicle, and i feel luck as hell to have it at 23 all on my own. its not goin anywhere.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
try grilling on it ,

qt43zvzixao962ugzj.jpg

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
I got bored with mine, so I pullied and put full exhaust and a tune. Started getting bored again so I upgraded and put on a KB. Had a blast for a long time but started getting bored with that. Now the cars down for a fully built motor, heads everything and doing some twins. So we'll see how long that holds me over.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I got bored with mine, so I pullied and put full exhaust and a tune. Started getting bored again so I upgraded and put on a KB. Had a blast for a long time but started getting bored with that. Now the cars down for a fully built motor, heads everything and doing some twins. So we'll see how long that holds me over.

I really, really don't like you. I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate you, but it's close...

LOL Jealously is an evil thing! What are you doing for a living again? And are they hiring?

divided

Established Member
I've gotten bored a few times with my car. Good thing im on the stock pulley and have plenty of mods to go!! But yeah they say the grass is always greener on the other side, unless its the darkside!

divided

Established Member
I've gotten bored a few times with my car. Good thing im on the stock pulley and have plenty of mods to go!! But yeah they say the grass is always greener on the other side, unless its the darkside!

KJS1820

Established Member
Yep just add more boost or more efficient boost (turbo??) :D ! Over the years I got bored stock so on went the 2.2 ;) That was fun for a year then the t76 went on :D) who knows nitrous and a bigger turbo?? I never get bored $$ and a littel time and boredom goes away! I was gonna get a c6z last year, but I found out the wife was preggo and I couln't drive with the kid in the front seat :( so I kept the cobra put bullitt seats in up the boost and I will keep it for a few years
:rockon:

Last edited:

Nino S

Established Member
If you can afford a C6Z then now is the time to get one, new or used. The new ones have huge discounts but I do not think that GM is doing 0% on any of the Z06's just the regular vettes. I would drop my Cobra in a heartbeat if I could afford the payment but more so the insurance. have -18 points on your record makes it hard to get anyone to insure you for less then $600 a month!!

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
No matter what car you drive, you will at some point get bored with it. Just my 2 cents :shrug:. But if you are gonna upgrade to a new car id go with the Z06.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the guys encouraging you to road race or Auto-X. I drove mine on the street two weeks ago and it was snooze-ville compared to driving it on the track. I maybe used 30% of my cars ultimate potential and it was real downer.

I have just a couple small details left to take care of on mine and I'll be scheduling another track day. You can't beat it for fun and really driving your car at all of its limits. It is truely a blast.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
1. dont buy a Vette

2. up the boost and start racing your car at the track.

i was in the same boat about a month ago. was even thinking of trading my kb cobra for a turbo fox body! but had my car re tuned, re dyno'd, and recently i took it to the track. now i look at my car very differently!

and now excited to even think about whats next for my car!

when i was at the track i laughed as a new 600hp viper best run was 11.8, new vettes were running high 12's and some even in the 13's. new moded z06 mid 12's. there was 2 nissan gt-r's at the track best run for either of them was 12.5.

i was the fastest car with street tires. appreciate what you have. when you realize how slow expensive, highly thought of cars really are. you will crack a smile and think... damn my cobra is a beast!

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm not going to lie, the c6z is a complete vehicle with a really fast revving 450lb all aluminum 427.X ci. in a 3100 lb package. I can't say you'd ever regret owning one, I know I didn't :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmjKNF47ZME"]YouTube - 2006 Z06 11.44 bonestock[/ame]

it hooks up VERY well for a car with goodyr runcraps. I made 4 total runs in the car and never 60ft worse than 1.85. best 1/4 et was 11.31, 100% showroom stock. and the car's not even made for drag racing

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I'm not going to lie, the c6z is a complete vehicle with a really fast revving 450lb all aluminum 427.X ci. in a 3100 lb package. I can't say you'd ever regret owning one, I know I didn't :D

it hooks up VERY well for a car with goodyr runcraps. I made 4 total runs in the car and never 60ft worse than 1.85. best 1/4 et was 11.31, 100% showroom stock. and the car's not even made for drag racing

You, my friend, are one hell of a driver! :rockon:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You, my friend, are one hell of a driver! :rockon:

hey, thanks bro!

the guy that filmed that run for me is a big 03 cobra runner himself, his internet handle is ratt fink. He's got an amazingly fast 03 sonic blue car...how's this for launching and rowing skillz :rockon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPWNU0rXqrY"]YouTube - Ratt Fink 9.89[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread