What speed is the 2013 GT500 coupe limited too?

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
If Walt was getting his information from c5, I can understand his confusion. No bigger pile of B.S. has ever been spread then that website spreads it...

When I first posted this thread I read mixed things about the limiter. I than was convinced after talking to some of you that the coupe wasn't limited.

Fast forward to today and "bingo" your are right. I ended up reading their "Mega GT500"thread(I guess that is designed to jam all the GT500 threads together in the hopes that people will stop talking about it over there.) and came across the same guy you people brought up spewing that it is was fact that it was a requirement to get the SVTPP and the TP for the coupe to be unlimited. I realized that I never really did read it anywhere as fact either way. That is why I asked again today ,and the way that I ask it.

I have to laugh at this entire thread that I started here. I never would have realized that there are so many C5 readers on here and that a simple question would have causes people to doubt who I am.

:shrug:

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
Man, this car is FAST. It's honestly faster than I thought it would be. Working on video. People are gonna be pleased with the car for sure.

I can't wait to find out. :rockon:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I never would have realized that there are so many C5 readers on here and that a simple question would have causes people to doubt who I am.

:shrug:
i'll give you a hint: it's not the question you asked that caused doubts:idea:

Klay

Established Member
Hey man dont let the comments get to you. Ive seen some of the post of the guy your suspected of being and i dont really see the correlation. You seem to mean well with your skepticism. While you may be acting nervous over something that really isnt a big deal, you just want to make sure your getting what you pay for. I can understand that.

My guess is once you get the car you wont care what top speed it has because youll be having too much fun with just accelerating period. Haha

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
Hey man dont let the comments get to you. Ive seen some of the post of the guy your suspected of being and i dont really see the correlation. You seem to mean well with your skepticism. While you may be acting nervous over something that really isnt a big deal, you just want to make sure your getting what you pay for. I can understand that.

My guess is once you get the car you wont care what top speed it has because youll be having too much fun with just accelerating period. Haha

Thanks! I am very excited to get the thing here. I'm just very picky ,and this is a huge purchase that I want to get right. I don't want to have any regrets.

:thumbsup:

Klay

Established Member
Thanks! I am very excited to get the thing here. I'm just very picky ,and this is a huge purchase that I want to get right. I don't want to have any regrets.

:thumbsup:

Ya thats exactly how i read your post. As someone whose excited but is spending a lot of money on this car and wants to make sure you ordered it the right way to meet your expectations. But even if it was limited, a tune would fix that pretty easily.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Chris was not posting that he "thought" his car could go over 155.

Lets just say that folks do not want to be thought of as breaking the speed limit by that much. However, when you are driving your car all day long, on lonely roads, you never know how much that speed can just creep up on you.............. especially when you have over 650hp at your disposal. Next thing you know, you are well over the limiter that the Vert has. Amazing how that happens. :D

Do you get it now??

BTW, I'm not trying to be an ass here. Just trying to clear up what Chris was trying to say.

Bob, don't go putting Gloria = Red Planet together. Yikes, what will the hubby think. LOL Yes, I believe I know who that is, also. you kind of get a feel for folks when you bop around multiple websites.

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
Chris was not posting that he "thought" his car could go over 155.

Lets just say that folks do not want to be thought of as breaking the speed limit by that much. However, when you are driving your car all day long, on lonely roads, you never know how much that speed can just creep up on you.............. especially when you have over 650hp at your disposal. Next thing you know, you are well over the limiter that the Vert has. Amazing how that happens. :D

Do you get it now??

BTW, I'm not trying to be an ass here. Just trying to clear up what Chris was trying to say.

Bob, don't go putting Gloria = Red Planet together. Yikes, what will the hubby think. LOL Yes, I believe I know who that is, also. you kind of get a feel for folks when you bop around multiple websites.

I know what he was saying ,and please don't take this wrong. But I'm not an idiot. And, I also know that what he said didn't in no way proof to me that the car was not limited somewhere under the 200MPH mark unless he ran it to 200MPH which I would bet my GT500 that he didn't on the street.

I also didn't know at the time until I ask him was Package if any he had on his car which was part of my question.

I have been in business for almost 30 years and I don't think I've even been made to feel as stupid as some of you guys are trying to make me look.

Like I said then I'm done with this thread, I just wanted to see the facts and for some reason that scared a bunch of you. I see too many people taking what they read on a forum from some stranger to be fact when many times it isn't.

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
...Bob, don't go putting Gloria = Red Planet together. Yikes, what will the hubby think. LOL Yes, I believe I know who that is, also. you kind of get a feel for folks when you bop around multiple websites.

OMG! I'm sorry - I screwed that one up! I meant to say...and lord knows how my brain (or what passes for one) got this one backwards....LOWDOWN = Red Planet. That's what I wanted your thoughts on!

Please forgive me. Please.... :)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I remember when the 03 Cobra came out the going rumor by the gm community was that the fuel system couldn't handle the power.

:lol:

I remember a rumor when the S197 first came out that there was a week point in the chassis and the car was cracking in the middle from too much power! A mechanic/installer actually said that directly to me when I was in their shop having some tubular subframe connectors installed! :dw:

... But I'm not an idiot. ...

Are you sure? Because you immediately said this:

...And, I also know that what he said didn't in no way proof to me that the car was not limited somewhere under the 200MPH mark unless he ran it to 200MPH...

That's the same as saying there is no proof that the car isn't limited to somewhere under 155MPH if it hasn't been run to 155MPH.:nonono:

I have been in business for almost 30 years and I don't think I've even been made to feel as stupid as some of you guys are trying to make me look.

No. You're doing that all on your own.

... I see too many people taking what they read on a forum from some stranger to be fact when many times it isn't.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing here? You're asking people on a forum for information that you can use as "fact!" :shrug:

-------------------------

On another note, I think 01LightningGal = "too slow" on Camaro5. I remember Gloria from way back in the day on the Car and Driver forum! :beer:

Last edited:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Congratulations !!! Wear it with honor. :)

LOL Bob. When I first read that, I was like................ what??? Bob knows me. No biggie. I would agree with you on that. I would like to know what his login is here. Maybe ................. walt?? LOL

GTPrem, I am not signed up on that site. I have wanted to, on a few occassions, but feel that I would probably get 1-2 posts in before I was banned. LOL Frankly, it isn't worth the trouble. My names on other sites are usually Extreme4x4 (gender neutral is good in certain situations), 94LightningGal, or this one. Thats about it. I feel bad for tooslow. She doesn't drink the koolaid so is instantly declared a Ford troll. Frankly, she does a really good job, over there.

Better than me, as I would be too blunt. I feel no need to tiptoe around the feelings of supposedly grown men.

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
I remember a rumor when the S197 first came out that there was a week point in the chassis and the car was cracking in the middle from too much power! A mechanic/installer actually said that directly to me when I was in their shop having some tubular subframe connectors installed! :dw:

Are you sure? Because you immediately said this:

That's the same as saying there is no proof that the car isn't limited to somewhere under 155MPH if it hasn't been run to 155MPH.:nonono:

No. You're doing that all on your own.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing here? You're asking people on a forum for information that you can use as "fact!" :shrug:

-------------------------

On another note, I think 01LightningGal = "too slow" on Camaro5. I remember Gloria from way back in the day on the Car and Driver forum! :beer:

You obviously have no Idea what I was asking nor do you care. So why do you continue to be an ass? You are the simple one in my book for not understanding what I was saying there. Your analogy is totally incorrect to the meaning of what I was saying. I'm not going to try and explain it to you because I doubt that you have the aptitude to get it. Looking for someone that has concrete proof on the internet is completely different from someone that just tells you that's the way it is without having any facts to back up what they say.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... I'm not going to try and explain it to you...

Really? What's this?

Looking for someone that has concrete proof on the internet is completely different from someone that just tells you that's the way it is without having any facts to back up what they say.

:lol1:
And my analogy was spot on.:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread