What speed is the 2013 GT500 coupe limited too?

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
I've been reading many different things about what speed this car is limited to, but I can't find anything concrete. I know the convertible will be limited to 155MPH ,but what about the coupe. Does it matter if you have the svt group or the track pack?

Sorry if this is a repost. I couldn't find anything that specifically talks about it.

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
Thanks! The boys over at C5 have been saying that the coupe will be limited too if you don't get the track pack do to heat ,but I thought they were full of mud. It just got me to thinking.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Thanks! The boys over at C5 have been saying that the coupe will be limited too if you don't get the track pack do to heat ,but I thought they were full of mud. It just got me to thinking.

They are a misled bunch :nonono:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Some of them are also claiming the it has overheating problems.

I don't know where some of this stuff comes from. :shrug:
it comes from the minds of a bunch of morons who are in deep deep denial of their own defeat. their brain is grasping at any straw it can muster up. it's sad really.

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
it comes from the minds of a bunch of morons who are in deep deep denial of their own defeat. their brain is grasping at any straw it can muster up. it's sad really.

:lol:

Good one

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I would like to know where they are getting their info from because as an SVT forum with more than a few insiders we get every piece of info available out there dug up or passed to us, but yet we haven't heard a single thing on the GT500s performance and durability. What a load of crap! lol

GarageLogic

Established Member

It comes from the fact they have been waiting for years with baited breath for GM's "GT500 killer" Camaro to come forth and, when they thought it was finally going to see the light of day, they quickly discovered there was not light to be had because of the enormous shadow cast by the latest version of the GT500.

Now, all they are left with are lame attempts to somehow disparage the GT500 by spouting unfounded rumors as to what problems/limits the car might have.

Zeroescence

Established Member
It comes from the fact they have been waiting for years with baited breath for GM's "GT500 killer" Camaro to come forth and, when they thought it was finally going to see the light of day, they quickly discovered there was not light to be had because of the enormous shadow cast by the latest version of the GT500.

Now, all they are left with are lame attempts to somehow disparage the GT500 by spouting unfounded rumors as to what problems/limits the car might have.

I'm glad the GM guys know so much about our cars. :dw:

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member

Amen. :bowdown: I don't mind the looks of the ZL1 and I'm interested to read about ,but I get tired of the Nazi mentally over there.

GarageLogic

Established Member
Amen. :bowdown: I don't mind the looks of the ZL1 and I'm interested to read about ,but I get tired of the Nazi mentally over there.
I really don't get all the hoopla over the Gen5 styling. Sure, it was something fresh when it hit the scene, but two years later, without any exterior changes being made, they seem just as pedestrian as any other car on the road. Heck, even the ZL1 is barely distinguishable from the SS or base model. All of them have the same ugly-ass rear end and mediocre interior design.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
it will will have the limiter set at 155 like usual, no?

for example the 07gt500 along with every other mustang I have ever driven was limited to 155 but once you remove that, it is actually much higher.

Why would it be any different here?

I think the idea is safety...?

The convertible will be limited, the coupe will not be- According to Hameedi.

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
I really don't get all the hoopla over the Gen5 styling. Sure, it was something fresh when it hit the scene, but two years later, without any exterior changes being made, they seem just as pedestrian as any other car on the road. Heck, even the ZL1 is barely distinguishable from the SS or base model. All of them have the same ugly-ass rear end and mediocre interior design.

I really don't like the back end either ,and the interiors are like something out of an eighties GM product. I do however think the outside can be made to look good ,but you still have a pig to drive. I've seen them parked beside the old ones ,and they look huge.

I'm glad they were wrong about the top speed of the coupe. Not that I'll ever get a chance to try it in mine. Who's know maybe ,but it's nice to know it's there if I get the chance someday.

Redzone

Established Member

Exactly.

They discovered that light at the end of the tunnel was in actuality the freight train that is the '13 GT500.

And they are on the tracks........

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Ill tell you how both rumors started.

Speed limited coupe was from the press who assumed that Ford had to limit most of the GT500's. Fact is all 13 GT500 coupe will not have a limiter.

Overheating was from the ring this past summer where Ford engineers found out they would need to rework the cooling system. See Ford actually took their car over to Germany for R and D not just glorified halo runs.

If GM did they same thing they would not have had to put a hold on their car for a month after release! Yes I am saying the hold was based on an engineering issue.:bash:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ill tell you how both rumors started.

Speed limited coupe was from the press who assumed that Ford had to limit most of the GT500's. Fact is all 13 GT500 coupe will not have a limiter.

Overheating was from the ring this past summer where Ford engineers found out they would need to rework the cooling system. See Ford actually took their car over to Germany for R and D not just glorified halo runs.

If GM did they same thing they would not have had to put a hold on their car for a month after release! Yes I am saying the hold was based on an engineering issue.:bash:

hence why they fired 100 engineers the other day (GM)?? :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread