What speed is the 2013 GT500 coupe limited too?

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
Once again thanks to all that helped. I do believe that I'm convinced ,and I will be happy to get my car with only the SVTPP and not the TP.

That reminds me, I'm coming up on a month since mine was ordered. I have to call the numbers you folks gave me to check status.:thumbsup:

Shhhh

Established Member
People are still debating this??..........talk about grasping for straws. GM fans just cant take the fact they were lead to believe the ZL1 would be a better car.
:nonono:

91svtbird

Established Member
I hate to bring this up again. But now that the car is out, who can show me concrete proof that you don't need the SVT package and/or the track pack on the car to stay unlimited?

Not that I'm planning a 200mph run any time soon ,but if the chance ever came up I want to make sure I ordered my car right. I didn't get the track pack because I most drag race.

This is all you need. He(chief svt engineer) has already stated this. I just dont have the actual quote.

Here is that live Q&A from the Chicago Auto Show in JH's own words:

Here are some of the questions and answers:

Comment From Dylon
When will we see pricing on the new GT500? Quarter Mile times? 0-60 proof?

11:03 Jamal Hameedi: We'll be publishing performance stats in the next few months, trust me, you'll be happy.

Comment From Kevin
Has the MSRP been determined for the '13 GT500?

Ford: MSRP will be revealed soon. We are all smiling over here Kevin!

Comment From Kevin
I'm am interested on how you guys are taking the Chevy mud slinging. Looks as if the GT500 better do its job in a straight line and on a course. How is it performing at nurburg testing? Satisfied with results compared to what the ZL1 has offered to release?

11:06

Jamal Hameedi: We can't wait to get the car in the hands of journalists!
11:06

Jamal Hameedi: and customers as well!

Comment From GARY WOOD
Hello, Is the TORSEN Diff. tough enough for drag racing?

Jamal Hameedi: Yes, we've had the Torsen diff at the drag strip and we've never broken one.

Comment From Sean
With the new Focus-ST and the Boss both being non-SVT vehicles, what is the status or future of the SVT program?
11:07

Jamal Hameedi: Hi Sean, there are SVT engineers working on the ST program. We are all one global performance group now.
11:07
Comment From Guest
As a 2012 SVT Raptor Owner, I was wondering, will ford be hosting any Raptor weekends for owners to come and play with out trucks with a SVT engineer? Also, I love my truck!
11:08

Jamal Hameedi: Look for future Raptor Round-Up's

11:08
Comment From Shant Meg.
I am debating a Shelby with the performance Pack. Will the ride be stiffer than a Shelby without the Performance Pack?
11:09
Jamal Hameedi: Hi Shant, the SVT-engineered Bilstein suspension on comfort mode will offer a nice ride!

Comment From Frank
Congrats on the first 20 Years of SVT, what does the future of SVT look like with the Ford Global business focus?
Jamal Hameedi: Hi Frank, the future is really exciting. When we leverage our global performance engineering capability it means more performance cars at the end of the day for our enthusiasts.

Ford: We just had a question come in from one of our Google+ fans: I'm a big fan of the Ford GT. Between the Shelby GT500 and the Ford GT which one is the superior performer?
Jamal Hameedi: To our friend on Google+. The GT500 and the Ford GT are pretty different vehicles—but we bench marked the GT quite a bit. The GT500 and GT are roughly similar in performance up to 150 MPH and the GT500 is faster on a road course.

Comment From Shant Meg.
Hi Guys, How crucial will the new Track Pack on the Shelby be if I will track the Shelby only a few times in it's lifetime?
11:28 Jamal Hameedi: Hi Shant, if you're an accomplished driver and you track your GT500 you'll definitely want the track pack.
==========================================================
Comment From George B ;)
Will there be a "Track Key" with the 2013GT500 ? Will there be any restrictions or speed limitations on the car whatsoever?
11:26 Jamal Hameedi: Hey George, the GT500 Coupe is not speed-limited.

==========================================================
I actually asked a few other questions but they didn't get to answer them or simply chose not to at this time but at least they answered this one.

My thanks to Ford , SVT , Jamal Hameedi, SVT Chief Engineer, and Jim Owens, Shelby Marketing Manager for taking the time to answer some of our questions live on-line!

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Look dude, there's two guys on this site that can now confirm for you from real live planet earth that the coupe is in no way, shape or form limited to 155. I have all the superfluous junk on mine and Chris! doesn't. Packages no packages coupe is not limited.

Sax1031

Established Member
Thanks! The boys over at C5 have been saying that the coupe will be limited too if you don't get the track pack do to heat ,but I thought they were full of mud. It just got me to thinking.

I remember when the 03 Cobra came out the going rumor by the gm community was that the fuel system couldn't handle the power.

:lol:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
"LOWDOWN" on C5 said he called SVT and they confirmed that base coupe is not speed limited.

I have no opinion on "LOWDOWN" perhaps being "walt", but I do have suspicions that he is someone else over there....someone on the marketing side of Camaro.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
"LOWDOWN" on C5 said he called SVT and they confirmed that base coupe is not speed limited.

I have no opinion on "LOWDOWN" perhaps being "walt", but I do have suspicions that he is someone else over there....someone on the marketing side of Camaro.
yea, interesting to say the least.

Florian

Established Member
it is very interesting that the GT500 Sourcebook link was given to him at :10 after the hour and it was posted on Camaro5 at :11 past the same hour by Lowdown. Walt = lowdown.

F

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member

:lol: This one is really funny. So why am I branded a trader for asking a question and looking for an accurate answer? When my Gt500 shows up in July, I'll post pics with me standing beside it with wood sticking out of my pants and a middle finger pointing to all of you that seem to have some kind of problem with me for no reason at all.

To the ones that helped answer my question thank you once again. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
:lol: This one is really funny. So why am I branded a trader for asking a question and looking for an accurate answer? When my Gt500 shows up in July, I'll post pics with me standing beside it with wood sticking out of my pants and a middle finger pointing to all of you that seem to have some kind of problem with me for no reason at all.

To the ones that helped answer my question thank you once again. :thumbsup:

My comments were not directed at you. When I said "I do have suspicions that he is someone else over there", I was referring to "LOWDOWN". I can see where you might think otherwise, but that was not my intent.

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
My comments were not directed at you. When I said "I do have suspicions that he is someone else over there", I was referring to "LOWDOWN". I can see where you might think otherwise, but that was not my intent.

Sorry, I did interpret that wrong. I did have a few others that were doubting my intentions for asking what I did .

My last post still stands for them. As for as you, I'm sorry I got it wrong. :thumbsup:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
I think the confusion came from you completely disregarding what certain posters were telling you.............. like the gentleman who owns one without any packages assuring you that it is not limited (wink, wink, hint, hint).

That type of doubt just sounds exactly like said other person, and your way of speaking does also. You said you needed to call Ford, and within 15 minutes afterward, said other person was claiming that they called Ford to confirm.

Just a lot of coincidences............ you know what I mean??

Said person is always trying to discredit everything about this car, and dissects everything known about it, doubting everything.

For those who know what I am talking about, he is like Matt's smarter brother. Just as annoying.

So, anyway, welcome. I look forward to seeing photos of you with your car. I keep having to reaffirm with the hubby that the Boss is what we want.............. but he is being drawn to the power. LOL

walt

ZL1 for lunch
Established Member
I think the confusion came from you completely disregarding what certain posters were telling you.............. like the gentleman who owns one without any packages assuring you that it is not limited (wink, wink, hint, hint).

That type of doubt just sounds exactly like said other person, and your way of speaking does also. You said you needed to call Ford, and within 15 minutes afterward, said other person was claiming that they called Ford to confirm.

Said person is always trying to discredit everything about this car, and dissects everything known about it, doubting everything.

For those who know what I am talking about, he is like Matt's smarter brother. Just as annoying.

So, anyway, welcome. I look forward to seeing photos of you with your car. I keep having to reaffirm with the hubby that the Boss is what we want.............. but he is being drawn to the power. LOL

First off, I didn't disregard what anyone told me. I read every post. Just because an owner tells me that is will go over 150 doesn't mean that he answered my question. For one I didn't know what package he had and for two I'm sure that no one that owns has gone over 200MPH on the streets.

As far as calling Ford, I said that I had to call them to check my order because Chris from here said on another thread to wait about a month before worrying about calling to check status. I also said that statement after already stating that I felt several posters answer my question. Oh, and I never got around to calling them anyway because I got to busy at the office.

Thanks for your input. I hope my explanation clears this up.

I just want to make sure that I ordered the car correctly. Like I said, I doubt if I'll ever get the chance to run it to 200MPH ,but if the chance comes I want to be able to take it.

Bob Cosby

Established Member

Gloria...what do you think....Gloria = Red Planet...am sure you know who that is...

Boss3o2

Established Member
Haha!! :lol: That's funny right there.

No, I've been just reading a lot of mixed facts about it and want to make sure I ordered the car so that it will do 200 MPH if I ever get the chance.

Besides, what fun would it be to have 662HP and only be able to got 155 HP.

I could do that in my 2010.

You make no sense at all. :beer:

10sec5oh

Established Member
If Walt was getting his information from c5, I can understand his confusion. No bigger pile of B.S. has ever been spread then that website spreads it...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Man, this car is FAST. It's honestly faster than I thought it would be. Working on video. People are gonna be pleased with the car for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread