What Is a Terminator Engine Worth

bird_dog0347

Established Member
If you're asking about the engine you posted pictures of in your other thread (no real need for another thread BTW), then it is not a terminator engine as there is no supercharger... it appears to be a Mach 1 engine.

JohnnyReb1951

If you're asking about the engine you posted pictures of in your other thread (no real need for another thread BTW), then it is not a terminator engine as there is no supercharger... it appears to be a Mach 1 engine.
No, that was not a pic of my engine, at the time I had made no pic of it and saw this pic that looked like it and BTW, one thread was more about the frame and the other more about the engine and BTW on two different forum areas.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I guess all I got for my $300 was a Mach 1 engine, trans , drive shaft, rear end, hubs, wheels, tires and an 1997 Expedition frame.

that's still pretty good for 300 imo.

but one of the main differences i didn't see mentioned here is the strength of the terminator short block because it is factory supercharged. it used manley forged connecting rods from the factory along with the iron block.

your engine as it sits isn't good for supercharging until you substantially beef up the bottom end.

otherwise the heads and a lot of other parts are good

edit: whoops my bad, @03' White Snake in post #19 covered it.

JohnnyReb1951

that's still pretty good for 300 imo.

but one of the main differences i didn't see mentioned here is the strength of the terminator short block because it is factory supercharged. it used manley forged connecting rods from the factory along with the iron block.

your engine as it sits isn't good for supercharging until you substantially beef up the bottom end.

otherwise the heads and a lot of other parts are good

edit: whoops my bad, @03' White Snake in post #19 covered it.
TY for your help.....the Hp is ok... I may flip the whole deal or trade it for something more CHRVROLET on facebook marketplace!!!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
99-01 cobras and Mach 1’s came with aluminum blocks. 99-01 are Tekcid, Machs are same as 3V’s.

If it’s a Mach engine, check the rear of the crank. 6 bolt, it was an automatic car, 8 bolt was a manual. 8 bolt is still a forged crank. 6 bolt is not. Main difference between cobras and Mach 1 are forged internals. Mach motors not good for boost, 5-8 max based on piston design.
Close. 96-early 01's are the Teksid. Late 01 and the Mach's had the WAP. Mine had the WAP. The Nemak (3V) started in 05. Maybe some late 04 Machs got them, but not that I've seen so far. I don't follow Machs that close so take what I say on that with a grain of salt.

Forged rods and pistons are Terminator only. 96-01 had powder rods and hyper pistons. The crank stuff is spot on.

JohnnyReb1951

Close. 96-early 01's are the Teksid. Late 01 and the Mach's had the WAP. Mine had the WAP. The Nemak (3V) started in 05. Maybe some late 04 Machs got them, but not that I've seen so far. I don't follow Machs that close so take what I say on that with a grain of salt.

Forged rods and pistons are Terminator only. 96-01 had powder rods and hyper pistons. The crank stuff is spot on.
TY

03' White Snake

Established Member

Yea. My brother has an 03’ Mach, he would know more specific details about them.

I pulled a motor from a Mach 1 in the boneyard years ago, I knew more details then. Going off my memory now.

Users who are viewing this thread