What if your full name appeared in every post you made on SVTP?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
:lol: Not true. I only know maybe 10 SD regular's full names, and I've met several of them in person. Hell, I don't even know your full name.

Haha you could find it if you needed to, a graduating class of 15 doesn't really stack up good odds for me to stay anonymous.

txyaloo

Established Member
Haha you could find it if you needed to, a graduating class of 15 doesn't really stack up good odds for me to stay anonymous.

Tis true. Tricky tricky going by your middle name. You have been found. :lol::lol::lol:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Tis true. Tricky tricky going by your middle name. You have been found. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Nicely done. I've gone by my middle name my whole life, I'm only changing that around now because college pretty much mandates the use of your legal name.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had heard of this the other day. While it is now only one (or a few) forums out there, at some point in the future more could require an actual first and last name, assuming the correct name can be determined by the forum. To verify the name, you would need access to the person's personal info through a social security number, Internet provider, credit agency, etc. I personally don't see this becoming a wide-spread standard with forums. Consider the ramifications if it does?

txyaloo

Established Member
I had heard of this the other day. While it is now only one (or a few) forums out there, at some point in the future more could require an actual first and last name, assuming the correct name can be determined by the forum. To verify the name, you would need access to the person's personal info through a social security number, Internet provider, credit agency, etc. I personally don't see this becoming a wide-spread standard with forums. Consider the ramifications if it does?

Blizzard already backed down and said they aren't implementing the system due to public backlash.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
What if two or more people have the same name. I bet in that group of 10 million or whatever, that would be a conflict. It would sure bother me either way. User names make me laugh on just about any forum.

-Oliver Clothesoff

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Would not be that bad. would keep people in check if they had to put their address too.

~Craven Moorehead~

pnshmntMMA

Mustang Deprived
Established Member
alot of dummys wouls cease to post for fear of some angry dude from cyber space googling his name, then coming over and stealing his wheels and motor overnight.

Red94SVT

Established Member
won't bug me much, i will just spend more time doing my wife than posting on forums...

-Brian Austin Green

oldmodman

Established Member
My name is so common that even if it was automatically tagged onto my post everyone would think it is phony. Just in my local area phone book there are seven of me. In all of Los Angeles County there are 1017!
In the third grade I decided to change my name to "Mr Big" but my parents said NO!:shrug:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Would not bug me at all. Name is Tim Smith and I'd gather people would just think I am making it up anyways.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is another reason why a person's name being posted can be a positive thing. I had suggested months ago that SVTP add the person's name on the left below their Member Name so that when you respond to a post you can add the person's first name to make it more personal. I routinely go to a member's Public Profile to get their first name if I don't know it. I do this when I want to personalize the post instead of using 'OP', etc. I wouldn't object at all if my name appeared under my Member Name. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread