What if your full name appeared in every post you made on SVTP?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Food for thought: One of the major concerns is the loss of privacy that would allow anyone to then personally harass someone.

This point was proven 3 times within the first few hours after the announcement was made. One individual posted his first and last name saying he thought the move was a good idea. Moments later there were pictures of him, his house, and his family. His address was (both physical and e-mail) were then signed up for a massive amount of spam, and endless calls were made to both him and to local pizza chains ordering pizza to his house.

After that, 2 moderators of the forums (Blizzard employees) posted their real first and last name on the forum to prove that both players and employees would be using real names. Same thing. The first mod took down his Facebook immediately after all of his pictures were posted and personal information taken and posted.

Point being, with someones full name you can get anything else you want.

And? All publicy available information. Nothing anyone couldnt find. Now if they got my SS number or something actually sensitive THEN I would be mad.

usmcrebel

Established Member
I think it's a BS idea...kinda violates your privacy. I would bitch and whine about it, but ultimately would not stop playing WoW over it. afterall it is only a change in the forums....I for one wouldn't stop the trolling just because my real name is there.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It depends on which one of my real names they use.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Theres psycho nut jobs out there that can make sure you dont see your next birthday though.

lol yeah thats a good point. still not to worried i dont think anyone would get that crazy over a camaro vs mustang post or some yo momma jokes.

MachsFastr

Established Member
Wouldn't hurt me any.

-Dixie Normous.

facepalm2ic7copyrl2-jpg.jpeg

Thats some of the funniest shit I've seen on here!

pyrocrazy

Established Member
you don't have to give them your full name. like in the starcrat two beta i just gave them my first name and last initial and did not link it with my facebook

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
I play WOW once in every blue moon, but dont post on the forums.
Level 80 undead mage..

f the alliance =]

Users who are viewing this thread