What exactly is a "Street Car"???

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
People have bickered about what a "street car" is forever and will continue forever.
Has to have a/c and radio? lol... so a factory non a/c radio delete foxbody isn't a street car?(see,I'm bickering )
My 85 LTD with factory vinyl flooring isn't a street car since it'd didn't come with carpet?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
People have bickered about what a "street car" is forever and will continue forever.
Has to have a/c and radio? lol... so a factory non a/c radio delete foxbody isn't a street car?(see,I'm bickering )
My 85 LTD with factory vinyl flooring isn't a street car since it'd didn't come with carpet?

I agree. My car has a tubular K member, but it is sure as hell a street car.

No registration / inspection sticker, no street car

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

That is how the car came. I guess I should have specified taking it out when it had it.

I agree. My car has a tubular K member, but it is sure as hell a street car.

No registration / inspection sticker, no street car

Tubular Ks are one thing but guys that front half their car is not a street car in my mind.

Weight reduction is fine but tin canned cars is over the top. I see retards in Civics that have steel seats, no dash, no interior panels, bare metal, and they think they are impressive. ****, a 200hp go kart should move out.

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
A street car is just that, a car that is driven and lives on the street. A car that you can drive to work, run errands, cruise around in, and is legal for your area. It doesn't have to be a daily driver, but the overwhelming use is the street.

A 6 second, 200+ mph car that is registered and has working safety equipment is not a street car. While it is cool to drive it on the street, that is not its intended purpose.

There are many race cars driven on the street, but just because they do, it doesn't make it a street car.

While the nuances can be nit picked to death, we all know what is and is not a street car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A street car is just that, a car that is driven and lives on the street. A car that you can drive to work, run errands, cruise around in, and is legal for your area. It doesn't have to be a daily driver, but the overwhelming use is the street. A 6 second, 200+ mph car that is registered and has working safety equipment is not a street car. While it is cool to drive it on the street, that is not its intended purpose.

There are many race cars driven on the street, but just because they do, it doesn't make it a street car.

While the nuances can be nit picked to death, we all know what is and is not a street car.
Not necessarily true. The line of separation is blurred. As @NC STANG GUY said above, "People have bickered about what a "street car" is forever and will continue forever."

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Do the cars that compete in Drag Week, RMRW and other drive/drag events count as street cars?

This is my checklist for a "street car":
Registration/Insurance *state inspection if required by your state*
Headlights/turn signals/brake lights/horn
Door slammer
2 seats (minimum)
Can drive for hours on the street/highway without issue
Appropriate safety equipment

*puts on flame suit*

Bonus points for:
Full interior
AC/Heat actually function
Stereo

bullitt2735

Established Member
Nth Moto Viper ACR, 1st 5th gen Viper in the 6’s, 6.9 @ 210mph. 4000lbs race weight, i think the only thing it has as far as your criteria is a racing seat, by tillet i believe.
Kratos is an absolute monster, that car is just getting started too. Saving my pennies to send my viper to Aaron and his team at Nth moto hopefully in the next year or so.

BlownSkillet

I remember that video. LOL
Street Car, thanks to 04sleeper
Ford Muscle 1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread