What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I probably missed this in another post, but how much do you plan to drive this one? It's an auto, so does your wife want to occasionally drive it?

Supercharged362

Over 20 years ago, I started transforming my car into a street strip / true street style vehicle.

I stripped everything out of the car, new aje k-member, aerospace brakes, 31-spline axles and c-clip eliminators, sub frame connectors, 14-point cage, DFI, heads, cam, intake, and 3-stages of nitrous. After I blew up the t5 I put in a manually shifted c4.

Had lots of fun for a few years (and a shitload of nitrous) but wanted to go faster so I started planning out a forced induction setup.

Then life got in the way. Marriage, 2 kids, 4 houses, and 3 businesses to be exact. The car and everything else I accumulated sat in storage for literally the next 21 years.

Until this past week. Finally. I got the new long block completed recently so I took it plus the car to the shop to start the work.

It will be a tt 362 sbf running a 4L80e, fab9, e85, Holley, manual brakes, manual steering, no heat or ac, street car.

I want to drive it to the track, rip off a few 8 (and maybe 7) second passes, and drive home.

Hoping to have it done in a year or so…

Attachments

• F620C1FA-FB1E-4309-8633-49F99DDF9775.jpeg
    F620C1FA-FB1E-4309-8633-49F99DDF9775.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 70
  • F60F2553-47BC-43AD-B45C-BCDA9C4BBC79.jpeg
    F60F2553-47BC-43AD-B45C-BCDA9C4BBC79.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 67
  • C96ED416-82B6-4B8C-B4C5-4B8BD956BB37.jpeg
    C96ED416-82B6-4B8C-B4C5-4B8BD956BB37.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 67
  • D9D4EB23-26F0-4013-8E8E-5AE70C18B5B5.jpeg
    D9D4EB23-26F0-4013-8E8E-5AE70C18B5B5.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 71

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I probably missed this in another post, but how much do you plan to drive this one? It's an auto, so does your wife want to occasionally drive it?
Bob the wife bought this vert, it's hers. She plans on driving it a lot. We'll probably keep it at the house garage for most of the year. Then when winter comes along bring it back to the shop.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, now I'm remembering you stating that earlier. She'll enjoy driving it this summer with the top down.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice 7up. I had a couple convertibles back in the early 90's, they are great cruisers.
Awesome thanks! It's our first convertible.

Already ordered a bunch of stuff from LMR.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
You might want to look for interior detailing products with uv protection. Verts are usually driven with the top down and the interior will appreciate the love.
That is a car she will enjoy!

13BlackGT

Established Member
41aba71ac122f0acc3295d296b10820a.jpg

My son got his new BBK longtubes installed and the wideband o2 sensor and can now dial in the fueling in the tune. The old headers had so many leaks at the collector that the O2 readings were crap. He has p heads, 24 injectors and B cam and is using a moates quarterhorse to tune it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My sister has a few mustangs, one of which is a 93 triple white. It's a nice car, but it squeaks like crazy. Other than SFC, is there any other easy tricks? It's mostly the top making all kinds of noises.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
unlike alot of other cars...a STB instantly improves any fox

How much will it help with all the squeaks in the roof? I know they help with stiffening and some squeaks, but will it really help with the squeaky top?

Mustang5L5

Established Member
How much will it help with all the squeaks in the roof? I know they help with stiffening and some squeaks, but will it really help with the squeaky top?

I think SFC"s would help a lot with that.

How extensive do you want to get? The Stiffler's "Fit System" would stiffen that chassis up quote well.

q6543

Established Member
My car is pretty much a street/drag car and I have no noticeable squeaks or rattles.

Poly engine/trans mounts, then poly/sphericals rear lowers/uppers etc.
Coilovers in the front, strange 10 ways on all 4 corners.
Smoother than a cadillac.

That's the only thing I can think to help.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I think SFC"s would help a lot with that.

How extensive do you want to get? The Stiffler's "Fit System" would stiffen that chassis up quote well.

Not too extensive, Mike. She's got the SFC already, just not installed yet. Only took 2 years of me nagging her, for her to finally order them.
It's a triple white 93, so she doesn't want to get too crazy. I figured more along the lines of some adjustments or greasing of the convertible frame in certain areas. I've never owned a fox vert so I'm not sure what "normal" is.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Not too extensive, Mike. She's got the SFC already, just not installed yet. Only took 2 years of me nagging her, for her to finally order them.
It's a triple white 93, so she doesn't want to get too crazy. I figured more along the lines of some adjustments or greasing of the convertible frame in certain areas. I've never owned a fox vert so I'm not sure what "normal" is.

Well the FIT system installed to any SFC's, so you can always install it later if needed. In this case, i don't think she will need it for her use.

But i think the SFC's will probably take care of most of the issue anyway. Those fox convertibles are just full of flex. If you think about it, when the doors are open the only think keeping the car together is the curve of the trans tunnel, and the boxed in rockers. So as you ride down the road, the front and rear tend to twist and flex which creates all sorts of noises.

Welding in those SFC's will make a huge difference in itself.

I have the MM SFC's (not welded in yet) and the MM strut tower brace and a rear shock tower brace. The rear brace did nothing. I'm taking that POS off and chucking it into the Merrimac River in the near future. The front STB eliminated a low of cowl shake and rattle. I also LOVE the look of the MM brace in the engine bay

I'm welding my SFC's in as soon as i get the fenders and bumpers on so i can have full weight on the car. Next few months I hope

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I have all the goodies on my car (tubular K and front arms, SFC, PHB, coilovers up front, etc. It all definitely makes a difference.
I'll just keep at her to get the SFC installed so she can carry on a conversation inside the car :LOL:
It's definitely a good start, for sure.

triple-s

Established Member
Lately every weekend I've been hanging around a foxbody group here in San Antonio. Feels good to be around folks with the same passion. I was pretty much the only one with a coupe when we first started but now 3 other members have bought one cause they really liked mine.

Users who are viewing this thread