What did you do for your Terminator today?

LS WUT

Established Member

Attachments

• IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 64
  • camphoto_758783491.jpeg
    camphoto_758783491.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 61

olympic

Established Member
I stripped out the oil drain plug in my Canton pan last week. I knew it would happen eventually because I had to make it really tight to stop it from leaking.

20240205_211344.jpg

During my search for a solution, I found some "oil drain plug repair kits" on Amazon. Basically a permanent replacement plug with a smaller o-ringed plug inside of it.

51ehXiSwpmL._AC_SX569_.jpg

614pKAQtBWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The thread is suppose to be oversize so it can bite into your stripped out oil pan. The 1/2"-20 repair kit wasn't available in a timely manner so I ordered the next size up which was 14mm. Glad I did because the threads on the new plug were not oversize and I'm pretty sure the 1/2-20 plug wouldn't have held very well without JB Welding it in place.

I drilled out the drain hole to the proper size and tapped it to 14mmx1.5. Cleaned out the shavings, soaked the new plug with red Loctite and it went right in and tightened up, no issues. A nice clean solution to a problem that could otherwise be costly and labor intensive.

20240205_211108.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
Those cantons are the worst. Have one on my CJ5 and always a drip hanging.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

olympic

Established Member
Their available in 1/2-20 if you want to throw one in at the next oil change. Wish I had known about these years ago. I thought about a Fumoto valve but I don't have room for one with the MM cross brace in the way.

LS WUT

Established Member
Very nice. You’ll be happy with that 2.3
Oh I’m sure I will. She made 630 on 93, I’ll be on E85. Not looking to break records, just hurt feelings around me. A rather hard thing to do with a lambo dealership an exit away haha. Even got me some Cobra Reps with some meats out the back to be unsuspecting :D

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
LM1 :). They are loud but not as loud as I expected. They scream though above 3k.

I had a BBK O/R X-pipe and SLP LM1’s dumped on my 96 GT back in the day. It was loud, I liked it had to creep into my plat at night though l. Car was slow but sounded good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Glad to hear my old catback is being used. I was gonna stick those magnaflows in there had I kept it.
I’m sure I’ll switch the mufflers out here and there but I still can’t drive a quiet Mustang around..feels too beta. Louder the better for me. Glad the deal worked out. Nice to finally meet someone from here too.

Murderedsvt

Established Member
Broke the clutch cable yesterday, any recommendations for replacement? Looked on maximum motorsports none available.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I’m sure I’ll switch the mufflers out here and there but I still can’t drive a quiet Mustang around..feels too beta. Louder the better for me. Glad the deal worked out. Nice to finally meet someone from here too.
Everyone has their own preferences. I have some flows in my 3” bassani catback and love the sound. Get compliments all the time. Yes sir. Maybe see you at the track or something sometime
Broke the clutch cable yesterday, any recommendations for replacement? Looked on maximum motorsports none available.
If you want a stock ford cable that’s non adjustable you’ll have to buy used. They’re not in production anymore. I bought a “stock style” replacement from cj pony parts but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. Still waiting for my motor to be built

Last edited:

Murderedsvt

Established Member
Everyone has their own preferences. I have some flows in my 3” bassani catback and love the sound. Get compliments all the time. Yes sir. Maybe see you at the track or something sometime

If you want a stock ford cable that’s non adjustable you’ll have to buy used. They’re not in production anymore. I bought a “stock style” replacement from cj pony parts but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. Still waiting for my motor to be built
Yea that sucks, I bought stock style and it broke in 4k miles

Users who are viewing this thread