What did you do for your Terminator today?

kallen

Established Member
New wheels and tires mounted up, could not get the new NT01s on the front so I had to use my Re-71rs from last year. The fitment of these wheels could not be better in my opinion.
IMG_20180228_165040438.jpg
IMG_20180228_165056941.jpg
IMG_20180228_165122100.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Polished up my magnaflow - picked it up for $120 used not bad for 10+ years old.

Used the 100-2000 wet sand and mother’s mag polish.

Still have some left over black pits and steaks on the elbow bend.

Any ideas to remove those?
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTCam

Established Member
Bought 60# injectors, KB BAP & Wiring Upgrade. Question - Looking at the boost a pump, it didn't come with the controller w/ knob like I've seen. Is this normal or does it not need it? I bought it new from LMR.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Bought 60# injectors, KB BAP & Wiring Upgrade. Question - Looking at the boost a pump, it didn't come with the controller w/ knob like I've seen. Is this normal or does it not need it? I bought it new from LMR.
I believe the newer ones dont come with them anymore. I have an older one but cut off the knob and wired it to run full time all the time like the newer ones do.

zredfire04

Established Member
started breaking in the new clutch.

buddy left some exhaust fitting loose, so it sounds like a log truck LOL. gonna tighten that up soonish.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Damn, that looks nice! My Bassani catback arrived today, gonna start sanding tomorrow! Nice work!

Hope you're prepared LOL. The lower grits are where you need to spend more time to work out the imperfections. That will take its toll on your arms and fingers. Once you reach the higher grits (i.e. 1000) it goes pretty quick.

The end results are well worth the time and effort.

Last edited:

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Those spots look like pitting to me. If they are the only way to get rid of them is to keep sanding.

Gotcha. I’ll try to go back to the lower grit to get down in there. You think that will mess up the finish and I’ll have to start the process over or can I jump back to the higher polishing grit?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Gotcha. I’ll try to go back to the lower grit to get down in there. You think that will mess up the finish and I’ll have to start the process over or can I jump back to the higher polishing grit?

You won't be going back to the beginning so to speak. But you'll have to work through some of the grits again.

Caseindaplace

Established Member
You won't be going back to the beginning so to speak. But you'll have to work through some of the grits again.

I gotcha. I’ll maybe pick up a flap wheel 60/150 grit drill pack. Start down low with that on a drill then pick up a few sheets of the higher grits to hand polish it out. Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I gotcha. I’ll maybe pick up a flap wheel 60/150 grit drill pack. Start down low with that on a drill then pick up a few sheets of the higher grits to hand polish it out. Thanks!

I don't know that I'd go down to 60. That's pretty course and would leave some deep scratches.

Users who are viewing this thread