What did you do for your Terminator today?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Got the FTBR kit going in this week. Noticed a little spot on the garage floor right below where the diff would have been. Figured it was the rear cover and maybe a bolt or two needed to be snugged up. Already have the beefier Ford Racing piece on her so I thought it’d be simple. Turns out it was coming from the input side. As they say, it’s not a leak; it’s just the horsepower sweating. Lol
View attachment 1693102

are you installing the bushing kit yourself? might as well do the pinion seal while you have it apart, even though it is a pretty easy job with it still in the car

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
are you installing the bushing kit yourself? might as well do the pinion seal while you have it apart, even though it is a pretty easy job with it still in the car

No sir. My go-to shop is an "authorized installer" (per the FTBR site) and I've become pals with the owner so I'm having him do the whole nine yards.

MG0h3

Established Member
No sir. My go-to shop is an "authorized installer" (per the FTBR site) and I've become pals with the owner so I'm having him do the whole nine yards.

Might consider throwing a clutch pack in there.

He’s gonna be 99% of the way there with the axles out and clever off, it’s literally one bolt and slide the shaft out at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
Ordered a new Alpine Head unit. Been installing a host of interior upgrades. Finally have all the seals in so I can start the repair of my leaking magnum!!

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Might consider throwing a clutch pack in there.

I just did a whole new diff kit two seasons ago when I ditched the 4.10s and went back to 3.55s. I told him to let me know if he finds anything that could use to love while he's got her, though.

PC03GT

Established Member
20210309_153712.jpg

After months of patiently waiting

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And your patience is rewards NICELY. That's a really nice finish. How much power are you looking for?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I thought for sure it was going to be related to the EPA crap that's flying around right now. And - I suppose - that may very well be the real reason behind aborting the 3100; they just cloaked it in a manner that made it easier for us to swallow.

MG0h3

Established Member
I thought for sure it was going to be related to the EPA crap that's flying around right now. And - I suppose - that may very well be the real reason behind aborting the 3100; they just cloaked it in a manner that made it easier for us to swallow.

I don’t see any reason at all for them to “cloak” anything. Why say it’s a turd if that’s not the case. Be more likely that they’d lie and say it’s EPA related but we know how that would work out. Someone that works there would post the truth.

Besides, they don’t even make the rotors. It’s an Eaton part.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread