What did you do for your Terminator today?

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Where did you get that FORD SVT Plate that covers the VMP logo?? Looks awesome.

cfe476404b7dc6b679f9e18e45ee3601.png

Another member had a company make them. PM me for details.
ecab98969c57db174cc9c5d2bd4de934.jpg

bubblehead93

Established Member
that looks awesome!! How's the noise level? How do you like the fitment in the rear of the car with the panels?

Don't know about noise level yet, just finished, car is up on jack stands still, need to do a bit of motor maintenance and then because of some suspension work I did, need to redo bump steer on all four wheels plus alignment...

Fitment is really good, only some VERY minor trimming in a couple places that I would attribute to car to car production tolerances... the real fun was installing the tubs with the roll bar... installed them on the downcomers before welding them to the main hoop for a seemless install... all in all, time consuming, but I like how it came out...

r/
Andy

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Don't know about noise level yet, just finished, car is up on jack stands still, need to do a bit of motor maintenance and then because of some suspension work I did, need to redo bump steer on all four wheels plus alignment...

Fitment is really good, only some VERY minor trimming in a couple places that I would attribute to car to car production tolerances... the real fun was installing the tubs with the roll bar... installed them on the downcomers before welding them to the main hoop for a seemless install... all in all, time consuming, but I like how it came out...

r/
Andy
Awesome man, if you wouldn't mind snagging a few more pics that would be awesome! I'm looking into doing this to my Cobra at somepoint.

Thanks man!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Went to a car show at the local Italian Restaurant and Deli this afternoon. AC still works tried it out on the way home.

3d4b5cc2bea5a9c96a71a9679659aacb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
image.jpeg
Removed the wheel spacers and installed MM low profile bolts. I just couldn't get used to the rear wheels sticking out so far.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Went to a car show at the local Italian Restaurant and Deli this afternoon. AC still works tried it out on the way home.

3d4b5cc2bea5a9c96a71a9679659aacb.jpg

Looks great, is that paint missing on the underside of the hood?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks great, is that paint missing on the underside of the hood?

Pretty sure it's, some of it looks blackish Would love to get it done someday. I pulled the insulation a year ago and that's how it looked.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Drove it up to Long Beach. Staying with a cousin because I have an interview in Redondo tomorrow morning.
b6611f3122fd8a21bad4fabedd24da9a.jpg

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Don't envy the California emissions crap. But envy the weather you guys get. Good luck with the interview.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure it's, some of it looks blackish Would love to get it done someday. I pulled the insulation a year ago and that's how it looked.

If seems hit or miss. Some have the whole underside painted, while others not. I got lucky, but mine still doesn't look great.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If seems hit or miss. Some have the whole underside painted, while others not. I got lucky, but mine still doesn't look great.

Yeah that's what I've heard as well. They definitely skimped in the middle there.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Yeah that's what I've heard as well. They definitely skimped in the middle there.
Mine wasn't painted either. I bought some rattle can and sprayed mine. Looks good. I have one pic of it somewhere but the car went in the shop not too long after that and hasn't been out long enough for a pic before it went right back in. I just covered everything with old drop sheets for painting, taped off the rest and went to town. Cost me like $50.00 I think. You should look into it

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Mine wasn't painted either. I bought some rattle can and sprayed mine. Looks good. I have one pic of it somewhere but the car went in the shop not too long after that and hasn't been out long enough for a pic before it went right back in. I just covered everything with old drop sheets for painting, taped off the rest and went to town. Cost me like $50.00 I think. You should look into it

It actually looks good being rattle canned?

cj428mach

Established Member
Where did you get that FORD SVT Plate that covers the VMP logo?? Looks awesome.

Thats the problem with this thread is its so long that you'll never find anything in it. There was a page where I posted my custom home done VMP cover, and at the same Time Bdubbs, Blueline, and several others posted their VMP covers. Good luck ever finding it in there though. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread