What did you do for your Terminator today?

coremaster21

Established Member
Finally After 3 LONG months
a8a6f604f78a92aad3125f37e1155e0a.png

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Drove it to work. Got a couple compliments and someone asked me to rev it. Then on the way home it started giving signals the alternator is going to die. So I guess I'll finish rebuilding my spare.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Drove it to work. Got a couple compliments and someone asked me to rev it. Then on the way home it started giving signals the alternator is going to die. So I guess I'll finish rebuilding my spare.

That's awesome Bob, not about the alternator.

I drove my Vert yesterday. Gave me a sign the fuel pumps might be going out. I pushed in the clutch while coming to a stop light and it died. Then had to crank it for a couple seconds before it fired back up. Sure does feel like a fuel issue.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I'm right there with you guys. Right after my VMP install I've been having fuel issues. Tried a new FRPS last night. Still won't fire. Tuner said it sounds like my pumps aren't working right. Gonna try a different fuel module that's in the trunk then back to the shop it goes if that doesn't fix it. I installed a Moroso brake reservoir and wiped down the dash and doors though

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's awesome Bob, not about the alternator.

I drove my Vert yesterday. Gave me a sign the fuel pumps might be going out. I pushed in the clutch while coming to a stop light and it died. Then had to crank it for a couple seconds before it fired back up. Sure does feel like a fuel issue.

Check your alternator. When I was going through my Aeroforce I noticed my FPDC was at 100.7%. When it was pegged like that I noticed my RPM's dropped a lot faster. It didn't stall, but it wasn't happy. The highest voltage I saw yesterday was 13.2vdc and that was after finally being on the freeway a few minutes. I put my DMM on it when I got home and saw a whopping 13.3vdc at the battery terminals.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm right there with you guys. Right after my VMP install I've been having fuel issues. Tried a new FRPS last night. Still won't fire. Tuner said it sounds like my pumps aren't working right. Gonna try a different fuel module that's in the trunk then back to the shop it goes if that doesn't fix it. I installed a Moroso brake reservoir and wiped down the dash and doors though

I'd either borrow a fuel pressure gauge from vatozone and/or order a nice one for inside the car.

You can also just carefully depress the plunger at the Schrader valve. You'll want to do follow up testing but I've done it on the side of the road to rule things out

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kallen

Established Member
Swapped out the SLP LM1s for LM2s, gave her a little lube job with some fresh Mobil 1 and some Pennzoil Synchromesh. Hoping tomorrow dries up so I can put a few miles on. (Its raining here).

95greenvert

Established Member
IMG_5486.JPG
I drove to a buddy's house Thursday morning to pick him up and head out to get my car detailed. I turned the car off for a few mins and tried to restart it when we were ready to leave and car would not start. This was the beginning of a very long day, the car was not getting fuel so the gas tank had to be dropped.
When I bought the car the previous owner took car to a shop were they tried to fix the fuel lines in the tank which failed after about 1000 miles.
I got the fuel lines repaired and back like they were suppose to be. As you can see in the pic the pumps were not secured in the bracket and 1 fuel line came off!
This job was a PITA but car is running great now.

SVTag

Established Member
Found out why I was only getting 9" of vacuum...KB bypass had a tear in the diaphragm. I noticed the valve was closed at idle when I was peeking around for vacuum leaks. Tore it apart to find this. Got a new valve on today and back to 20" again

FYI if anyone ever has the same issue, KB uses an actuator from older model benz. I bought mine used for $10 but you can get them new around $30 or so

IMG_9386.JPG

01yellercobra

Established Member
Swapped out my dying alternator for the one I rebuilt. I used parts that upgraded it to a 200amp. I have mixed feelings about it now. Apparently it needs to be spun to charge. At my 750rpm idle I'm seeing 12vdc. As soon as I pass 1000rpm it shoots up to 14vdc. Guess I'll order a new regulator for my old one for when I get tired of it.

Piasared

Established Member
77ec787a68f1fb6c40b79673aa0d5ad2.jpg

Went to Stl Mustangs HQ and got the following stuff done.
VMP 2.3 w/ gt-500 Intake
Converted to pure ethanol. Not e-85
New headers from American eagle
New nations alternator
New 80lb Injectors
Pretty sure I'm forgetting stuff but it's Home and I scared a zl-1 so all is well
48e4451282d6f1dea97fa03d6948b00e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread